Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,053,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As an independent voter
I'll just call BS on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,569,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'll just call BS on this.
I am an independent voter whether you like it or not.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,931,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
You don't have one independent bone in your body. You're a shill for the Democrat Party, nothing more, nothing less, so stop pretending to be something you're not.

Second, any of the individuals you mentioned above is infinitely better than Obama. What has Obama given us that's so wonderful he deserves to be reelected?

The worst economy since the Great Depression?
Record unemployment?
Record foodstamps?
Record foreclosures?
Record deficits?
Record taxes?

If Obama is reelected, it will be the final nail in the coffin of the USA.
Are you kidding me???

All of the above issues you quote are the direct result of the previous administration... lower taxes.. less government regulation..
It is fair to be angry at obama for not FIXING those problems.. but to say he caused them... you're a koolaide drinking righty that needs a check up from the neck up..

Also, isn't it funny how "conservatives" tout the "free market" yet are the loudest to yell about why the government and obama aren't doing more to create jobs??? why don't you go ask the private sector that's sitting on trillions of dollars why they aren't creating jobs?
You can't have it both ways... when times are good get the government out of the way.. but when sh*t hits the fan... whine for the government..
The fact is the problems we are facing now are the direct result of policies from the Reagan era.. who started the entire credit/deficit consumer driven economy revolution of america... and the government policies to facilitate it.
the chickens are just coming home to roost and you have the audacity to ask the american people to turn around and vote for another one of these "conservatives"????

they want everyone ELSE you and me to be conservative while they are anything but...

wake up to yourself!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Are you kidding me???

All of the above issues you quote are the direct result of the previous administration... lower taxes.. less government regulation..
It is fair to be angry at obama for not FIXING those problems.. but to say he caused them... you're a koolaide drinking righty that needs a check up from the neck up..

Also, isn't it funny how "conservatives" tout the "free market" yet are the loudest to yell about why the government and obama aren't doing more to create jobs??? why don't you go ask the private sector that's sitting on trillions of dollars why they aren't creating jobs?
You can't have it both ways... when times are good get the government out of the way.. but when sh*t hits the fan... whine for the government..
The fact is the problems we are facing now are the direct result of policies from the Reagan era.. who started the entire credit/deficit consumer driven economy revolution of america... and the government policies to facilitate it.
the chickens are just coming home to roost and you have the audacity to ask the american people to turn around and vote for another one of these "conservatives"????

they want everyone ELSE you and me to be conservative while they are anything but...

wake up to yourself!
That's an excellent question and excellent analysis of the situation.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,279,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That's totally FALSE!

In mid July S&P put the U.S Government on credit watch and laid out the following guide lines for the United States to maintain its AAA credit rating.

S&P puts US AAA/A-1+ rating on CreditWatch Negative
So far you are correct
Quote:
John Boehner and the Republican Party walked away from a deal that had the $4 trillion dollars in deficiit reduction cuts stipulated by S&P. That include $3 trillion in spending cuts and $1 trillion in revenue increased. Why? Simply because the Republican Party REFUSES to make ANY revenue increases.
LIE. I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing this LIE from you Democrats..

Why dont you link me to this $4T plan Jazzy.. I challenge you to do so. If you can link me to this $4T plan, I will leave c-d FOREVER.. THERE WAS NO PLAN!
Quote:
Every deal that the Democrats proposed has AT LEAST $3 trillion dollars of deficit reduction.
BULL ****. Obamas own budget was so bad, that NOT ONE Democrat voted for it!!
Quote:
Also the Republican plan to make ONLY $1 trillion in cuts in the first part of the deal and then negotiate another $1 to 1.4 trillion in additional cuts played a role on the downgrade.
And the lies continue. The Democrats kept telling the public that if we didnt pass massive spending increases the economy was going to collapse. Did the $1T in cuts have a role in the downgrade, absolutely, but there was NO DAM $4T plan...
Quote:
Now who were the people claiming "We're going to hurt somebody" during these negotiations?
Obama and the Democrats, who kept spreading fear that if we didnt SPEND MORE, senior citizens checks wouldnt go out!
Quote:
Who were the people threatening not to raise the debt ceiling and therefore showing a willingness to put the full faith and credit of the United States in jeopardary?
So let me get this straight Jazzy.. Not raising the debt ciling, put the full faith and credit of the US in jeopardy, but raising it, put the full faith and credit of the US in jeopardy? NEWS FLASH!! RAISING IT CAUSED THE DOWNGRADE
Quote:
The Republican Party willingness to put the full faith and credit at risk not only now BUT IN THE FUTURE played a role in the S&P ratings downgrade.
Bull crap. The only way the faith and credit was at risk is if there wasnt enough money coming in to pay the INTEREST on the debt. After all that IS how people default. But thats not at all what the Democrats sold to the public. Again we were sold on the fact that if we didnt SPEND MORE, seniors would go without their checks. Anyone with basic accounting knowledge knows that not raising the debt ceiling didnt mean a default.
Quote:
This is also in the S&P ratings downgrade press release

Again we see that the Republican Party's resistance to rasing tax revenue is major factor in the decision reached by S&P.
Another liberal who doesnt comprehend reports. NEWS FLASH AGAIN. Raising tax revenues does NOT always mean RAISING TAXES. Obamas own debt commission validated this to be true. Revenues to the federal government is roughly 18% of the nations GDP. Raising revenues means RAISING GDP, or broadening the tax base. NOT necessarily raising rates. Furthermore if you read the report, you would see that the S&P is warning about ANOTHER down grade if SPENDING CUTS arent made.
Quote:
By the way this is the debt reduction deal where John Boehner said:

Boehner: I got 98 percent of what I wanted

The Republican OWN THE DEBT REDUCTION DEAL!
Boehners standards were set too low because we got NO real cuts what so ever. The CBO accounts for future cuts in growth as a cut but we all know thats not true. Even the S&P wasnt falling for that gimick. The Democrats got EVERYTHING they wanted. Continued deficits, higher debt ceiling, massive spending increases. In fact this debt deal was a JOKE!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,865,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The only mistake the President and the Democrats made is allowing Republicans and Teabaggers to set the agenda. I wish Obama was a more forceful and combative President at times. He's been far too wiling to bend over for the Republicans and therein lies the problem.
Just go ahead and say it, he is not a leader. You are dancing around with phrases such as 'allowing others to set the agenda'. Does a leader allow others to set the agenda? No, they set the agenda and get others to follow. Yet, you would like to reelect him to lead us, again.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Sheeesh, cons hate it when you use facts to refute their manufactured talking points.
Actually not at all. The whole babble given to me was talking points, easily refuted. Sucks that you didnt see the numerous errors posted, but then you get paid by the laugh..

Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
So are you gonna leave the Republicans and Teabaggers out of the picture and just blame it all on Obama? Do you have any idea of how Government in this country works?
Yep.. Presidents write budget proposals, Congress passes them and sends them back to the President to sign..

Ooh wait, this Congress laughed so hard at the Presidents proposal that NOT ONE Democrat could even support it..

Leadership like that cant be found in any old cereal box, thats for sure..

Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Just go ahead and say it, he is not a leader. You are dancing around with phrases such as 'allowing others to set the agenda'. Does a leader allow others to set the agenda? No, they set the agenda and get others to follow. Yet, you would like to reelect him to lead us, again.
Yes I would like to re-elect him because he is a reasonable person and at the end of the day that is what most Americans want in a leader. All the Republican candidates are way too extreme.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,490,435 times
Quote:
The only mistake the President and the Democrats made is allowing Republicans and Teabaggers to set the agenda. I wish Obama was a more forceful and combative President at times. He's been far too wiling to bend over for the Republicans and therein lies the problem.
How can someone who cannot even lead be forceful. The only thing he is good at is name calling, and pointing the fingers at others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections