Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,047,005 times

Advertisements

If a transgendered disabled Jew was the next President we would still have severe dilemmas in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 08:32 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,569,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Do you think being independent somehow gives your opinions more legitimacy because you see yourself above the fray in some faux-intellectual la la land where you calmly see both sides of the argument and somehow we're supposed to swoon over that and not question your inability to pick a side like an intelligent human being?
Yes I do believe I should be worshiped as a political independent. Do you have a problem with that? After all we are the ones who determine elections. I've already decided that the next election will go to Obama. The Repubs don't impress me much.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,279,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Yes 3% of the nation can be swayed by the incompetence of the Republicans so next time it will be a 6% margin of victory for Obama.
I think you need to tell us what type of drugs you are taking. Want to make sure my kids stay far, far, away from them.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think you need to tell us what type of drugs you are taking. Want to make sure my kids stay far, far, away from them.
It's called reality.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM

67 posts, read 67,161 times
You sound as if you really believe what you wrote. Amazing! Dumbfounding actually. Wow!!

Quote:
He is simply the best candidate out there. As an independent voter, everyone on the GOP side scares me. I've not heard a convincing argument from any of the Republican candidates as to why they should be put in control of the country. Also look on their record: since taking control of the House in Congress, Republicans have paralyzed our political system and caused our economy to plummet. Republicans are also largely responsible for the mess we are now in. We all know it started under Bush with their help. Why put the same people who drove us into the ditch back in control?

All the Republican candidates have a fatal flaw in my opinion:

I cannot support Perry because he believes in the anti-American idea of secession and the illegal dissolution of the United States. Bachmann is bat***** crazy and veritably unstable. Palin is a publicity/cash seeking reality star like Snooki who can't be taken seriously. Ron Paul is a perennial loser who is simply unelectable. Gingrich is a serial husband whose time has long passed. Romney is as plastic as they come, too artificial for my taste. Herman Cain has nothing to offer but entertainment to the teabaggers who use him as a token. Rick Santorum has too many psychological issues going on to be President including his obsession with homosexuality. Oh and did I forget anyone?

Anyways, Obama is the only reasonable choice out there. America has no choice but to re-elect him.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,865,946 times
I am not crazy about any of the major players on the right either, but Obama has proven to be utterly lacking in leadership ability. If I only have a 1% chance of improvement with a different candidate, I am taking it. It is not as if any "extreme" position could really be pushed through (like reversing abortion, or forced child labor). Politics is a battle of inches, not miles. I want someone with a resume of actual business success, not "ideas" or "plans". We need to get our financial house in order now, and worry about the social side of life later.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
Haha I just had to laugh at this post.
I voted for Obama in 08.
I too was impressed by his intellect.
But seriously, Ron Paul would blow Obamayomama out of the freaking water in a debate.
I would LOVE to see it. A debate for the ages.
The smartest candidate vs the second smartest candidate.

I am also laughing at this whole thread, Repugnants vs Democrappys.

The BBs are on here, and they are saying to themselves:

"Nice job, my friends, everything in going according to plan. Our only obstacle is Ron Paul..."

LMFAO at all of your pithy retorts, save for the RP supporters
Ron Paul sounds good in theory but he just doesn't work in reality. First of all, he wouldn't even make it out of the GOP primary to be a viable candidate. He just cannot become President under the current system. You can keep fantasizing about him though if you want.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,325,101 times
Quote:
He is simply the best candidate out there. As an independent voter, everyone on the GOP side scares me. I've not heard a convincing argument from any of the Republican candidates as to why they should be put in control of the country. Also look on their record: since taking control of the House in Congress, Republicans have paralyzed our political system and caused our economy to plummet. Republicans are also largely responsible for the mess we are now in. We all know it started under Bush with their help. Why put the same people who drove us into the ditch back in control?

All the Republican candidates have a fatal flaw in my opinion:

I cannot support Perry because he believes in the anti-American idea of secession and the illegal dissolution of the United States. Bachmann is bat***** crazy and veritably unstable. Palin is a publicity/cash seeking reality star like Snooki who can't be taken seriously. Ron Paul is a perennial loser who is simply unelectable. Gingrich is a serial husband whose time has long passed. Romney is as plastic as they come, too artificial for my taste. Herman Cain has nothing to offer but entertainment to the teabaggers who use him as a token. Rick Santorum has too many psychological issues going on to be President including his obsession with homosexuality. Oh and did I forget anyone?

Anyways, Obama is the only reasonable choice out there. America has no choice but to re-elect him.
Another sane person that is finally coming to the conclusion:

The Republican Party is going so far to the right that it's becoming increasingly out of step with the rest of America.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,134,269 times
I am not comfortable with Obama-----I think he has gotten disorganized, lost direction and focus, and responds meekly at times.

Yet as insecure as I am with the President, the group of candidate paraded by the Republican party really makes me feel uneasy. I really cant identify one that I can say to myself-----yeah, that is a person that I want to hand the ignition keys and let him drive.

I am uneasy at the prospects for 2012------we have an off course President being challenged a scripted group of choreagraphed dancers and sloganeers------we are in great shape.

I am hoping somebody emerges from the Republican party yet who is not tied down to slogans and the endless games being played.

Both parties should be worried-----the country has little confidence is Obama----and even worse the American people are showing a ferocious disdain for congressional legislators, and are developing an intolerance for ineptsness, deception, and disregard for problem solving.

Somebody please step forward and sign in please----sign in to be a reasurring and steadying hand. There is a crisis in confidence now created in Europe, and exacerbatted by our dog and pony show in Congress-------somebody please.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,034,797 times
Regardless of whom he may run against, O is by no means the "best candidate out there."

He is an utter failure as a leader.
He will not take responsibility for jack.
He is out of touch with the American people.
He and his wife have major chips on their shoulder that disallow disagreement with their ideas.
He can read a teleprompter. Yay.
His supporters claim he has "ended the war" but we are still there. Saddam dead, OBL dead...but we are still there.
He protects illegal immigrants while unemployment of Americans is at 9%.

He is a tremendous failure as a president.
I will be glad to see him go, though I am not convinced any superstars may come from the other side.

Our country is screwed because public servants don't represent the public anymore,
only their own interests and special interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections