Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,804,861 times

Advertisements

So Perry has some pretty crazy ambitions when it comes to the Constitution. Can one really support the Constitution when they propose re-writing half of it, especially to support one's religious beliefs? I realize many conservatives on this board would probably support some or most of these, but does Perry seriously think he can win the Presidency with such extremist thinking? We have a better chance of colonizing Jupiter, than any of these Constitutional changes happening. Number 5 is the only one I think rational people might support, although I still don't think it will pass the Amendment process. The rest are just absurd.

Seven ways Rick Perry wants to change the Constitution | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Quote:
1. Abolish lifetime tenure for federal judges by amending Article III, Section I of the Constitution.

2. Congress should have the power to override Supreme Court decisions with a two-thirds vote.

3. Scrap the federal income tax by repealing the Sixteenth Amendment.

4. End the direct election of senators by repealing the Seventeenth Amendment.

5. Require the federal government to balance its budget every year.

6. The federal Constitution should define marriage as between one man and one woman in all 50 states.

7. Abortion should be made illegal throughout the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections