Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who's is your pick for the future of this nation?
Obama 21 35.00%
Perry 11 18.33%
Romney 6 10.00%
Paul 21 35.00%
Bachmann 0 0%
Cain 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 12:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Who would it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 05:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,860 times
why not an open poll so we can see how our fellow CDers voted?

i would be curious to see those results

Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 AM

i don't believe that this is only americans voting, because i don't believe that too many americans would vote for failed economic policies and more financial hardship over ANY alternative.....

the next poll should be one where the votes are visible.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:52 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't believe that this is only americans voting, because i don't believe that too many americans would vote for failed economic policies and more financial hardship over ANY alternative.....

I'd vote for Obama again. Our business had it's best year in 2010, 2011 is actually looking roughly 15-25% better. My stock account is doing great. Most major corporations are also experiencing the same growth in business as ours, if not bigger growth.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,739 times
I will vote most certianly vote for the candidate running against Obama.

With that said, at this point, I hope it is Perry.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,542 times
I think I'll sit out next years election (for president, anyway). I'm disappointed with Obama, and I absolutely despise the national GOP field. I would never betray my principles to vote for any of those people.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'd vote for Obama again. Our business had it's best year in 2010, 2011 is actually looking roughly 15-25% better. My stock account is doing great. Most major corporations are also experiencing the same growth in business as ours, if not bigger growth.
i don't doubt that some major corporations connected to the government are having their best years ever......

perhaps you should drive around and look at the strip malls in america, the little mom and pop shops, you know --the true economic drivers of a healthy economy.

they aren't doing so good, and more people are headed to the thrift stores and dollar stores.

again, for the record:
unemployment is up
social service demand is up
food stamps up
WIC up
work hours are falling
housing is falling
bankruptcies are up
our debt load is massively up
state revenues are falling (so expect government layoffs too)

i don't know what business you have, but for most businesses the customer bases are drying up.

some of us care what is happening to the rest of america.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

Just because you don't believe something doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. If you look at any of the polling taken recently by major polling establishments the presidential race right now would be close if President Obama ran against several of the most popular Republican candidates.

While you are concerned about the issue you presented. There are many people the are concerned that the Republican Party's stance to cut spending without increasing tax revenue is not the proper way to deal with our fiscal problems. And there are some people that may agree with the how the Republican Party wants to cut federal spending but can't agree on the socially conservative vews of the Republican Party.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Just because you don't believe something doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. If you look at any of the polling taken recently by major polling establishments the presidential race right now would be close if President Obama ran against several of the most popular Republican candidates.

While you are concerned about the issue you presented. There are many people the are concerned that the Republican Party's stance to cut spending without increasing tax revenue is not the proper way to deal with our fiscal problems. And there are some people that may agree with the how the Republican Party wants to cut federal spending but can't agree on the socially conservative vews of the Republican Party.
i think the voters also see that the democrats controlled the house, the senate, and the presidency the first 2 years of obama's presidency and did nothing about tax revenue.

(unless you count extending the tax "cuts"....)

at least with conservatives you would cut the waste side somewhat, otherwise you get a do nothing party-with bigger spending and no revenue.

i think the social views of the conservatives are overrated by the media. i think most conservatives are live and let live, or for state rights at least.

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-29-2011 at 07:16 AM..

Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Maybe Romney - if he selected a sane running mate. However, given the slate of {R} possibilities, that's a slim chance.

So, as of today's choices, Obama would get my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections