Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I'm sorry. Yet again I am having a hard time understanding what you're talking about.

As someone else said, this was probably just a joke. One in poor taste, in my opinion, but a joke nonetheless. I'll admit that if it was someone else who told it, I'd probably be telling everyone else to lighten up, but it just seems a little bit dangerous coming from Michelle Bachmann...

I just tire of the idea that God is in any way a political entity, or gives tacit support for or scorn for anything as banal as a political party or a budgetary policy.
I am restricted from expressing my STRONG opinion of your post, here....but if you don't believe Almighty God IS intently INVOLVED in all facets of life here on earth....of HIS children...>>>Born again Christians<<<.....then you simply don't know what you are talking about!!!

And for what it's worth....I'd be VERY CAREFUL what you...or anyone says about Michele Bachmann's expressing her Faith in God! - God's Wrath is furious....and wise people know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I am restricted from expressing my STRONG opinion of your post, here....but if you don't believe Almighty God IS intently INVOLVED in all facets of life here on earth....of HIS children...>>>Born again Christians<<<.....then you simply don't know what you are talking about!!!

And for what it's worth....I'd be VERY CAREFUL what you...or anyone says about Michele Bachmann's expressing her Faith in God! - God's Wrath is furious....and wise people know that.
Oh please. Michele Bachmann is a grifter, a charlton who is trying to ride the wave of born agains all the way to the White House. Damn her to hell as she is a liar and a hypocrite. She is the one who best be careful, or God might get pissed off for her using him in her con game.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
Quote:

Pardon? Who's restricting you? Express away.

I never said God wasn't involved. I said God wasn't political. God isn't a Republican or a Democrat. He doesn't run campaigns. And how could anyone POSSIBLY say that God is opposed to federal spending? That's positively asinine. Neither you nor anyone knows the mind of God. I like to think that while he has power over all things, he'd concern himself in petty politics no more than he'd concern himself with wrestling matches.

And Michelle Bachmann is not God. She's just a human being, and I worry that she makes light of God by making jokes about human tragedies being perpetrated by God with political motivations. You should be frustrated with her. She's the one using God for personal and political gain.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,814,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
The key is that Bachmann presented her statement as a joke. Given her extreme religious views that 'joke' is a convenient way to present her beliefs and leave the door open when she gets pummeled.
That is a good point.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Pardon? Who's restricting you? Express away.

I never said God wasn't involved. I said God wasn't political. God isn't a Republican or a Democrat. He doesn't run campaigns. And how could anyone POSSIBLY say that God is opposed to federal spending? That's positively asinine. Neither you nor anyone knows the mind of God. I like to think that while he has power over all things, he'd concern himself in petty politics no more than he'd concern himself with wrestling matches.

And Michelle Bachmann is not God. She's just a human being, and I worry that she makes light of God by making jokes about human tragedies being perpetrated by God with political motivations. You should be frustrated with her. She's the one using God for personal and political gain.

Hmmm, well it's clear you are judging Ms Bachmann. I'm glad she...and Sarah Palin acknowledge their Faith and Trust in God.

>>>Judge not...lest you be Judged<<< is what God says. And if she IS God's servant.....those who scorn and mock her....will answer to God...SOMETIME.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Hmmm, well it's clear you are judging Ms Bachmann. I'm glad she...and Sarah Palin acknowledge their Faith and Trust in God.

>>>Judge not...lest you be Judged<<< is what God says. And if she IS God's servant.....those who scorn and mock her....will answer to God...SOMETIME.
But her camp has come out and said she was just joking about the storm that just took the lives of 38 people. What does that have to do with her faith? She was JOKING. Ha ha ha. 38 people dead...

Old 08-29-2011, 07:13 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,394,470 times
Quote:

Have you never doubted a person claiming to be religious? Do you extend such latitude to Jesse Jackson or Jeremiah Wright or any other figure you might not agree with who self-identifies as a person of faith?

I'm not claiming to know anything about the veracity of her claims of faith. She may be earnest. She may be false. I have no idea.

But in THIS case, she was making what was at best an off-color joke and what was at worst an attempt to invoke the name of God for her own personal gain. I'd be happy to repeat every syllable of that to God, as I see not a thing wrong with my skepticism.

Last edited by UnderTheLiveOaks; 08-29-2011 at 07:48 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Absolutely shameful her presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
What is this stupid-itch going to say next?

"God is punishing politicians with the earthquake and hurricane." Really?

ROTFLMAO

And this sick freak will consider drilling in the Everglades. WTF?

Any repug in their right mind is probably red faced with shame and embarrassment by now. Seriously, repugs. This is what you guys put forth?

Pitiful.
What an imbecile she is. This statement fits right beside those of the other candidates and that dingbat Palin. Condoleeza Rice is more qualified to run for President over this puff-haired simpleton. Scary statement from a Presidential nominee. Shame on the GOP.

Tremendous edge continues for this great President Obama.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you say definitively that it wasn't?
Are you saying that anyone could seriously believe that God cares about spending in the U.S.?

If they believe that, they are more cracked than Bachmann. What a MAROON!

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, just like I can't say without a doubt Unicorns and Vampires don't exist.
so then you don't really know, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections