Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 11:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats the best you can do, a job is a job?

good luck living on minimum wage in this country unless your ok with living in a cardboard box.

i dont see how you can be a conservative and be ok with all that crap perry has done for illegals in texas.
In an economy like this - that's reality. You saw the
same kind of minimum wage jobs during Reagan's
employment recovery. Unless you're the employer or
your self employed in these times, your kind of at
the mercy of...

- Private-sector employment increased by 91,000 from July to August on a seasonally adjusted basis.

- Employment in the private goods-producing sector rose 11,000 in August, while manufacturing employment slipped by 4,000.

- "The private sector added 17,000 jobs in August, but those gains were offset by the loss of 17,000 government jobs. Total non-farm unemployment, therefore, was unchanged last month. The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.

- "For example, there are more than a million construction workers actively looking for employment opportunities to put their skills to use. We know from our mayors and metropolitan leaders that there are tremendous infrastructure needs in cities and towns across the country. Infrastructure investments would create jobs immediately and be a catalyst for broader investment and growth that are critical to our recovery.

^^^This is all the kind of stuff that should have been
addressed a while back.

As far as being a conservative, and supporting Perry's
stance on illegal immigration - I didn't say I supported
his stance one way or another, as I don't know exactly
what that is.

I for one, have a libertarian view of illegal immigration.
I gave some solutions. What is yours: shoot on sight?

Last edited by pollyrobin; 09-02-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,956,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
But I thought you said libs don't like Paul? Saw an article on huffpo saying "I voted for Obama now I'm voting for Paul". Literally, 95% were positive postings from former Obama supporters, with the occasional troller trying to stir s**t up.

Some (like myself) *may* support Perry because while his foreign policy sucks, at least it can't possibly be worse than Obama's. Economics, not perfect, but a no brainer for anyone who's libertarian leaning IMO.
Many liberals, including myself like Paul's foreign policy stance. Just like you, most will look at all of the issues and not just the one. Foreign Policy is number one on my list, so the fact that I disagree with him on a lot of other things does not mean that I would not vote for him because I agree with him on the most important issue, that only goes for me. I can not speak for all liberals.

Last edited by hotair2; 09-02-2011 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 01:58 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
In an economy like this - that's reality. You saw the
same kind of minimum wage jobs during Reagan's
employment recovery. Unless you're the employer or
your self employed in these times, your kind of at
the mercy of...

- Private-sector employment increased by 91,000 from July to August on a seasonally adjusted basis.

- Employment in the private goods-producing sector rose 11,000 in August, while manufacturing employment slipped by 4,000.

- "The private sector added 17,000 jobs in August, but those gains were offset by the loss of 17,000 government jobs. Total non-farm unemployment, therefore, was unchanged last month. The unemployment rate also remained unchanged at 9.1 percent.

- "For example, there are more than a million construction workers actively looking for employment opportunities to put their skills to use. We know from our mayors and metropolitan leaders that there are tremendous infrastructure needs in cities and towns across the country. Infrastructure investments would create jobs immediately and be a catalyst for broader investment and growth that are critical to our recovery.

^^^This is all the kind of stuff that should have been
addressed a while back.

As far as being a conservative, and supporting Perry's
stance on illegal immigration - I didn't say I supported
his stance one way or another, as I don't know exactly
what that is.

I for one, have a libertarian view of illegal immigration.
I gave some solutions. What is yours: shoot on sight?
dont give illegals better deals then americans.

pretty simple.

its obvious perry was pandering to illegal immigrant hispanics for a future voting block.

hes just playing racial politics and putting illegals in front of americans.

illegals flooding in texas also helps the owners increase profits even more since they can get the illegals to work for minimum wage.

what does perry get for that?

money for re-election and more influence to spread his agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections