Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,465,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I would support Paul before Perry but I still don't understand why you think it makes Paul look better by belittling a contender. It is much more effective to point out Paul's good qualities in a meaningful way.

It is just childish to say everyone else is wrong so I must be right.

Well as it turned out the format didn't allow for competitors to really debate. But Perry would have had to answer questions for 20 minutes.

It isn't belittling when someone is wrong and you correct them. I think it is important that voters can see which candidates really know the issues and which ones are trying to BS their way through.... and with some of these subjects, lots of voters couldn't begin to tell the difference. So I think the candidates should at least be able to point that out to people to educate the viewers if nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and if you have friends and family in the path of the fires you would be proud of his decision. Anyone who thinks he doesn't know he would get blasted for not being at the forum or whatever they are calling him needs their head examined.

My understanding and yours too obviously is, a governors first responsibility is to the state he leads.

NIta
Alright. He can go there and be there for moral support and let the Fire Departments do their thing. That is about it. Right? .

Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM

I watched it on townhall.com and after the candidates finished there were questions of the panel from the audience and I thought one person asked a good one which was something like should your decision to vote for a candidate be based on principles only or should and if so at what point would "electability" come into play(?) Basically all three panelists agreed that you should vote on principles not electability. Sen Jim Demint said Marc Rubio and Rand Paul weren't supposed to be "electable" but because enough people voted for them for the principles they stood for they got elected. He said that is what we all should do.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:50 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Just as the left messed their pants over Trump, Palin, and every other "great GOP hope" that came onto the scene amidst great acclaim from the C-D conservatives.

But sometimes incontinence is provoked by energetic laughter, you know.
Tooooooooo funny! Good one, robbobobbo!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,869,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well as it turned out the format didn't allow for competitors to really debate. But Perry would have had to answer questions for 20 minutes.

It isn't belittling when someone is wrong and you correct them. I think it is important that voters can see which candidates really know the issues and which ones are trying to BS their way through.... and with some of these subjects, lots of voters couldn't begin to tell the difference. So I think the candidates should at least be able to point that out to people to educate the viewers if nothing else.

The problem is...it is you that was wrong. Perry went home because of the fire, which was the right thing to do IMO.

I think Paul is right in principal I just haven't heard how he thinks he can make it happen. I also think he could handle the job despite his age because he wants to give power back the the states, where it belongs. But, we both know what a stink was raised about McCain's age.

Which brings me to the point I was trying to make to you. The far left uses the tactic of villifying any and every candidate. I don't think it bodes well for them. I think Paul has enough great ideas that bringing those to the forefront is much better than pulling someone else down.

It is just my opinion.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Alright. He can go there and be there for moral support and let the Fire Departments do their thing. That is about it. Right? .
it is, but it is also necessary and what I would expect my governor to do, rather than be campaigning at this time. You can imagine how disappointed I was. I really wanted to hear him, thought I have heard him interviewed more than once. I still think he did the only thing he could do, under the circumstances.

Nita

Old 09-05-2011, 07:35 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
it is, but it is also necessary and what I would expect my governor to do, rather than be campaigning at this time. You can imagine how disappointed I was. I really wanted to hear him, thought I have heard him interviewed more than once. I still think he did the only thing he could do, under the circumstances.

Nita
you would give obama the benefit of the doubt since i know you are a fair minded republican.

but the right would be saying the same thing if obama was governor of texas and went back there instead of going to a debate.

im just not forgiving enough.

i have to assume perry made a political move, because thats what all politicians do first and foremost.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,879,348 times
Quote:
Guess he is afraid of going up against smarter competitors.

Live from South Carolina: GOP Presidential Forum - Erika Johnsen

I guess none of us should be surprised about that!
Perry is afraid of facing Ron Paul which is a lose/lose for him. Perry facing Dr. Paul means more media coverage for Paul as well as Perry being held accountable for some of his flip-flops, lies and exaggerations.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:26 PM

838 posts, read 922,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Judging from Donald Trump and Herman Cain, I'd say the Perry bubble has another week or two until it pops. I can't believe after 8 years of George Bush, followed by Barack Obama people are still falling head over heels for every establishment wanna be "outsider" that comes along. It's a sad sign for the future of America that people still think, even after all these years, that there's a substantial difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.

This highlights the problem, people are brainwashed repeatedly and need to be educated on how globalists control media and the R and D parties who are on one team for an agenda which is against the people. These candidates are great actors, all an act for the most part. The globalists have proven much smarter than the public so far, and are always several steps ahead. Researching globalism explains it and why.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,174,209 times
I respect Rick Perry for going back to Texas during this horrible tragedy. It looks very petty and uninformed to start a topic like this just to belittle a candidate when the candidate is actually trying to do the right thing. There will be plenty of opportunities to evaluate Rick Perry's handling of the questions in debates and such. Sometimes, we as supporters of certain candidates, do them more harm than good with our tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections