Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times

Advertisements

Huntsman is a good man, best of the field IMO. Pair him with Condoleeza Rice, and the Pubs would have an excellent ticket in their losing effort against this great President.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 09-07-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,609 times
He's the only one who isn't either a freaking lunatic, or a creepy old man.

Repubs are sunk.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,129,159 times
I agree with some of you------Hunstman has no chance because he is in control, offers candid and realistic argumemts, is not a flamethrower or six shooter, and is an efficient creator of ideas -----i.e.-----he has not shot whatsoever due to his attributes.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
As an Obama supporter, Huntsman is the one I don't want to face. He would have by far the most appeal to the moderates and Independents. He is intelligent, well spoken, don't agree with quite a few of them, but has actual well thought out ideas, doesn't gay bash, doesn't preach hate, can disagree with someone without trying to make that person into the devil, all of those things of course make his chances of winning the GOP nomination nil.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm impressed with this man. He's speaks so intelligently and from the heart. I sure do hope that we see more of him.
I am seriously wondering if you are aware that Huntsman is LDS. Based on virtually every comment I have ever seen you make about Mormons, I can't believe you do. This is soooooo out-of-character for you.

I missed about a third of the debate, but as much as I like Huntsman (which is a lot), I wasn't terribly impressed with him tonight. It didn't seem to me like he got all that much time to talk. (Maybe it was his turn during the third of the debate I missed. It's hard to give great answers when you aren't the one being asked the questions.)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,701,277 times
Huntsman is not getting the well deserved recognition because the FREAKIN' media wants to focus on Romney, Bachmann, and Perry. It's like a reality TV show.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
He's the only one who isn't either a freaking lunatic, or a creepy old man.

Repubs are sunk.

This. I like Huntsman as well and if he gets the nod by the Rs I would have no problem supporting him but I know he won't because he's not freaky or creepy or religious spouting enough for them.

I do feel he would be the best candidate to compete against the president due to the appeal he would have with Independents (like myself) but I know the Rs are too religious and too far right to consider him as the nominee.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Huntsman is a good man, best of the field IMO. Pair him with Condoleeza Rice, and hte Pubs would have an excellent ticket in their losing effort against this great President.

condoleeza Rice let 9-11 happen despite the warnings. She's as incompetent as they come.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Huntsman is not getting the well deserved recognition because the FREAKIN' media wants to focus on Romney, Bachmann, and Perry. It's like a reality TV show.
Its not so much due to the media, it has more to do with the Huntsman being too reasonable for he GOP base.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I am seriously wondering if you are aware that Huntsman is LDS. Based on virtually every comment I have ever seen you make about Mormons, I can't believe you do. This is soooooo out-of-character for you.

I missed about a third of the debate, but as much as I like Huntsman (which is a lot), I wasn't terribly impressed with him tonight. It didn't seem to me like he got all that much time to talk. (Maybe it was his turn during the third of the debate I missed. It's hard to give great answers when you aren't the one being asked the questions.)
Yes. I've always known that he's mormon. I don't base him on his religion because he's never demonized gays the way that romney has. i.e., Huntsman does not strike me as the typical mormon. He's even come out for civil unions, a VERY bold move that even a Dem doesn't have the gumption to do. I like and respect him for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections