Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Yes. I've always known that he's mormon. I don't base him on his religion because he's never demonized gays the way that romney has. i.e., Huntsman does not strike me as the typical mormon. He's even come out for civil unions, a VERY bold move that even a Dem doesn't have the gumption to do. I like and respect him for that.
Well then, let this be a lesson to you... Not all Mormons think or act alike. We are as varied as any other religious group. You're right, Huntsman is not a "typical" Mormon. Neither am I. I really like Huntsman because he and I think a lot alike, and trust me... we're not the only Mormons who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well then, let this be a lesson to you... Not all Mormons think or act alike. We are as varied as any other religious group. You're right, Huntsman is not a "typical" Mormon. Neither am I. I really like Huntsman because he and I think a lot alike, and trust me... we're not the only Mormons who do.
I just hope that they give him a chance. He's what we need. I like Obama a lot, but I don't feel that he can anything done with a Repub congress. He was limited even when he had a Dem Congress. We need a modern Dem LBJ who can get legislation through and wields great power, but I don't see anyone like that in my lifetime.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM

684 posts, read 1,151,820 times
How about an Obama-Huntsman ticket? I like Joe Biden, but Dems might need a slightly different slant on things this time. We have something similar in Montana--a Demo governor (Brian Schweitzer), with a Republican running mate (John Bolinger) as Lt. Gov. They've been easily reelected both times. I realize that this creates some potenially difficult uncertainty in the Senate, but that is probably something that could be worked out through some type of agreement.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,763,017 times
Quote:
I'm impressed with this man. He's speaks so intelligently and from the heart. I sure do hope that we see more of him.
Just what we don't need, another Obama light is all.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
I'm an independent who mostly votes democrat or libertarian, but I like Huntsman. He seems genuine and is intelligent. He doesn't portray the 'just another empty suit' or crazy religious whack-job persona that other repub candidates do.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,763,017 times
He is a liberal and not that conservative at all. He is not what the country needs. We need a staunch conservative, but not Perry, Bachman or Romney either. I like Cain, though he has got little to no chance but at least he is honest.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Ha, maybe that's why I like him so much He's so "real" and not full of the typical hate and indifference of the hardcore Repubs.
Yes, we're all full of hate and indifference. Wanting folks to earn their own living. Take care of their own children. Get to keep their own money. Want the govt to live within their means. Yup, nothing but a bunch of haters.

I've said many times that Huntsman is the darling of the left. That's why they keep pushing him as the "winner". I almost threw up in my mouth when he went on about global warming being legit.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
condoleeza Rice let 9-11 happen despite the warnings. She's as incompetent as they come.
Wow, she personally let the murdering muslims on the plane herself? Who knew?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
I'm impressed with this man. He's speaks so intelligently and from the heart. I sure do hope that we see more of him.
He does and I was impressed as well, but he is going nowhere fast.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,129,159 times
Huntsman is indeed going nowhere fast-----because he is not an empty suit.

It is evident now that a lot of people want a flamethrower ----somebody who can toss grenades and lob mortar shells. I dont think a creative and thoughtful problem solver has a chance in this environment----and that is indeed a shame because we need to solve problems, not inflame them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections