Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,234,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Anybody well versed on Nixon's presidency with Spiro Agnew serving as VP on his first term and Gerald Ford serving as VP on his second term? Any way to draw comparisons from that?
I don't know how you can unless Biden has to resign due to criminal charges against him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Here's a better theory, run Hilary...period.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:56 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I don't know how you can unless Biden has to resign due to criminal charges against him.
is that what happend to Agnew? Before my time so I was just wondering. Nixon is the only president in recent memory that I know of to have more than one VP.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Here's a better theory, run Hilary...period.
Yeah. Take a long hike off a short pier. And take Bubba with you.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,855,237 times
It is just speculation but I can see the upside for both Hillary and Obama. He stands a better chance of being re-elected. He does not want to go down as the first black president, but only having served one term.... Like David Dinkins was in NYC as mayor...

For Hillary, she'd be remembered 100 years from now as the first female VP. If the ticket loses, she blames Obama. If the ticket wins, she goes for the top seat in 2016....

Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
depends on who obama is targeting in 2012.

if he wants the white middle class he'll stick with biden who will be out talking with them.

if he wants a more solidified minority vote it would make sense to go with hillary.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I heard an interesting theory yesterday on talk radio. Biden decides not to run again and Hillary joins the ticket. They say that the problems the country faces are so significant that both of them are needed. She brings all of her supporters to support the ticket and they play the gender card... A historic moment when the first woman VP is sworn in....

Obama is in trouble. This could be the "hail mary" that gets him re-elected...

Some believe this may have been a deal cut in 2008 when Hillary ended her campaign. She serves as VP for 4 years and then runs in 2016. She's 63 now, so she won't get elected if Obama loses and a Republican does well in office and gets re-elected in 2016. In 2020, she'd be 73...
I have a better idea, Perry should pick Palin or her twin loon sister Bachmann as his running mate, game-set-match, Obama until 2017.
Casper

Old 09-09-2011, 01:24 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,609 times
This will not happen. If Obama had of wanted Hillary for VP he would have asked the first time. Hillary fought hard and nearly accomplished it, but fell just shy. I do not believe Hillary would serve as VP to anyone. Didn't she recently say she was stepping down from her position after this term? Like Nita said, I think Hillary is preparing for retirement. Bitter. Anyone notice how angry she always seems to be after losing the bid for nomination in 08'? Look at most of the pictures of her. She looks angry most of the time.

Who knows, but I don't think she will run again, nor accept an offer for VP.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Absurd

With a Congressional approval rating the worst in history, and far lower than that of President Obama, President Obama is not in trouble. Republicans have allowed themselves to be downgraded by the tea party, having a devastating effect on the country in the process. I'd say the GOP is in serious trouble. The tea party is in serious trouble. President Obama not a failure because you Pubs keep saying he is. He's also not a failure because you Pubs have obstructed him, gotten your way, and shown that what Republicans prefer is not good for the country.

Forget about Hillary as VP. I think the bigger question revolves around who the Pubs are going to nominate to get defeated by Obama. Thus far, all the GOP candidates are pretty damn pathetic.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
With a Congressional approval rating the worst in history, and far lower than that of President Obama, President Obama is not in trouble. Republicans have allowed themselves to be downgraded by the tea party, having a devastating effect on the country in the process. I'd say the GOP is in serious trouble. The tea party is in serious trouble. President Obama not a failure because you Pubs keep saying he is. He's also not a failure because you Pubs have obstructed him, gotten your way, and shown that what Republicans prefer is not good for the country.

Forget about Hillary as VP. I think the bigger question revolves around who the Pubs are going to nominate to get defeated by Obama. Thus far, all the GOP candidates are pretty damn pathetic.

I think the GOP could nominate just about anybody at this point and beat Obama. This blame game he and his supporters have gotten away with his entire presidency has run it's course. People just don't buy it anymore. A good leader can work with both sides of the aisle to get things done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections