Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,855,699 times

Advertisements

I heard an interesting theory yesterday on talk radio. Biden decides not to run again and Hillary joins the ticket. They say that the problems the country faces are so significant that both of them are needed. She brings all of her supporters to support the ticket and they play the gender card... A historic moment when the first woman VP is sworn in....

Obama is in trouble. This could be the "hail mary" that gets him re-elected...

Some believe this may have been a deal cut in 2008 when Hillary ended her campaign. She serves as VP for 4 years and then runs in 2016. She's 63 now, so she won't get elected if Obama loses and a Republican does well in office and gets re-elected in 2016. In 2020, she'd be 73...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,823,250 times
I think Biden stepping down likely wouldn't be a good move and show weakness. Look at Bush for example where Cheney was wildly disliked but he still stuck with him for those reasons.
Biden is a well respected, tells it like it is, blue collar north east democrat that is very popular with the base. I would like to see more of him out there, but he's stayed fairly quite throughout the presidency.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
I am afraid that it would work.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,701,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I heard an interesting theory yesterday on talk radio. Biden decides not to run again and Hillary joins the ticket. They say that the problems the country faces are so significant that both of them are needed. She brings all of her supporters to support the ticket and they play the gender card... A historic moment when the first woman VP is sworn in....

Some believe this may have been a deal cut in 2008 when Hillary ended her campaign. She serves as VP for 4 years and then runs in 2016. She's 63 now, so she won't get elected if Obama loses and a Republican does well in office and gets re-elected in 2016. In 2020, she'd be 73...
Will. Never. Happen.

The voters blew their chances when they voted Obama against Hillary. Hope and change, folks. Hope and change.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:17 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,027,579 times
Quote:

Problem with that...Hillary has demonstrated she is a
War Hawk - and frankly a give away foreign aid giver.
She now has a record. No thank you.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 PM

8,428 posts, read 7,432,258 times
I personally believe that Team Clinton is positioning itself for the 2016 presidential election - and that means she'll need to distance herself from Barack Obama.

The only sitting VP elected to the presidency in modern history was Poppa Bush. By 2016, Obama won't have the incredibly long coattails that Reagan was sporting back in 1988.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:

never would she agree to run with Obama and i doubt she would agree to VP for anyone. To her, after what she has already accomplished it would be all or nothing at all. My guess, she is through with politics.

Nita

Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,657,839 times
I agree with nita on this one. She seems to be manuevering toward retirement, not a presidential run.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,129,576 times
I dont think for one second Mrs. Clinton is maneuvering for retirement-----not at all.

I think the dems are monitoring the slide of the President very carefully----a significant portion of the dems are unhappy now, and they will be clamoring for movement.

If the situation remains fluid, it would not suprise me that a lot of dems get into Mrs. Clintons ear, and convince her to replace Biden--------the whole ticket remains open to fluctaution if the polls continue to look sour.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:39 PM

10,756 posts, read 23,852,544 times
Default Nixon's VP

Anybody well versed on Nixon's presidency with Spiro Agnew serving as VP on his first term and Gerald Ford serving as VP on his second term? Any way to draw comparisons from that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections