Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the polls are right about Paul?
The online polls: Paul has been purposely shut down by the corporate media 26 40.63%
The media polls: The online polls have been artificially inflated by his supporters trolling forums 16 25.00%
Both/Neither: His approval numbers are higher than the media show, but nowhere near the online ones. 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,060,661 times

Advertisements

Well... it Looks like Ron Paul is even winning the polls here on C-D... What does that tell you?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM

67 posts, read 67,243 times
Ron Paul for President!

There are 5 people in this house of all ages who are all voting for Paul!

Go Ron Paul!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:18 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Probably a combination of both. I would add that inflated online poll probably has to do with more the more savvy participating as opposed to the traditional polls which includes pretty much the rest of them (which would be the majority).

PS. I didn't vote in the poll, given my point above.
I would probably agree. I am more inclined to say his supporters are inflating, but I think the media plays a part. They play a part in too much.

Nita

Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I wear my Ron Paul t-shirt proudly - I am one of the few intelligent Americans.
geeze you don't think much of yourself do you? It must be nice to be one of the few who is intelligent. I am sure the rest of the country will depend on yo for advise cause you are so smart...

Nita

Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,515,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Something I've been contemplating, as we all know Ron Paul does extremely well on online polls, with every one I've seen has him leading the polls by huge numbers over the other GOP candidates. The media on the other hand and other "professional" polls all have him quite low in the field of candidates. The question is are the online polls right and the media is just engaged in a conspiracy to shut him down, or are the online polls being artificially inflated?
Well the MSNBC poll after the debate was about where he polled in the Time Magazine poll a few months ago. There he was WAY AHEAD of everyone else too. The so-called "front runners" were way behind.

If Michele Bachman hadn't bought 4000 of her votes in Iowa she might have done a lot worse and Ron Paul might have won by a landslide.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,074,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Had to throw that in huh

I do respect Paul for standing up against the corporatism/fascism going on in washington mainly from the right, as well as not being a sell out to the corporations among other issues. Not everyone just jumps around with pom-poms going "Gooooooooo team! Yay!" on one side for every issue no matter what. Honest discussion is a good thing
I agree with Paul on many issues, especially regarding the original intent and role of the federal government and how far it has deviated from it's constitutional authority.

He cannot win in the general...or the GOP primary. He's too old and obama/dems will destroy him about his comments on 9/11.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,017,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I agree with Paul on many issues, especially regarding the original intent and role of the federal government and how far it has deviated from it's constitutional authority.

He cannot win in the general...or the GOP primary. He's too old and obama/dems will destroy him about his comments on 9/11.
Sad that one can be politically "destroyed" for speaking the truth.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,515,729 times
Why can't he win if he has the vast majority of support and the votes? People simply don't LIKE the alternatives. They are all fakes. I think people and the country and the world would be better off if we all took a little risk and voted for the best candidate who happens to be a little older. Another good thing about Ron Paul is that he is well liked internationally.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,180,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
He appeals to a lot of younger voters so it would make sense that his online numbers would be closer to the truth. 20-30 year olds can't be polled by the Gallup & other traditional phone bank polls because they don't have landlines and are on the "do not call" cellphone lists
I love it. If Obama gets the youth vote by using facebook and other internet social networking sites he is "smart" and "strategic" in his campaign....yet Ron Paul shows a tremendous following and support on internet polls and the internet is immediately played down to little significance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I happen to be in that large majority that you call stupid. Thanks for the vote of confidence in us.
Look who you elected president. You don't deserve any confidence.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,180,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He can't win a general election
Yeah, he's never won an election, ever....the guy has won 11 times as a republican in a farming district. I'd say the man very well knows how to win an election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while RP has many good ideas and points..he is alos out there on some things..and too old also
So is there a site that people can to go to look up mindless but seemingly intelligent-sounding phrases to hide their lack of knowledge? Or do you just listen to other people talk on the news channels and repeat what they say?

I keep hearing over and over "RP has some good ideas but I don't think he'll win". Why not?

Keep in mind, I grew up in MN during the Jesse Ventura election. I remember asking people what they thought of him and they all said the SAME THING: "Jesse has some really good ideas but I don't think he'll win the election". Do you know how Jesse won? The other two candidates were extremely similar and Ventura pushed a strong youth campaign and got the kids to the polls. He shocked the nation.

It can very well happen. But without a doubt, the corporatocracy/facist establishment will do everything in their power to stop him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections