Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Unborn children have rights, and by choosing to kill them before they are born when they would otherwise be born healthy and lead a fulfilling life is in violation of that child's right to live.

Basically it's not anyone's right to take someone else's life.
Agreed. That is why a person can be charged with 2 deaths when a pregnant woman is killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Unborn children have rights, and by choosing to kill them before they are born when they would otherwise be born healthy and lead a fulfilling life is in violation of that child's right to live.

Basically it's not anyone's right to take someone else's life.
Basically, it's not anyone's right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do re terminating a pregnancy.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 PM

865 posts, read 675,883 times
I find it ironic that a woman can be against a man who flees her after she has a child(which I do not support deadbeats.) But at the same time, that same woman believes it is okay to abort a healthy fetus after it has developed a beating heart.

Am I off on this, or does anyone else catch that as a bit off? Of course, I am not saying all women are one way or another, but I do see this case often with women that I personally know.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Basically, it's not anyone's right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do re terminating a pregnancy.
So you place a woman's "right" (right to what? Kill?) above that of the right of someone to live?

Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,383 times
Originally Posted by quality guy
Yes! You are 'dead WRONG!'
If there is one issue that would make me support Paul...it would be his stance against abortion. >>Abortion is convenient MURDER!<<

A human life is killed with EVERY abortion. How is that hard for you to realize?
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Originally Posted by ray1945
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
So you place a woman's "right" (right to what? Kill?) above that of the right of someone to live?
OF COURSE....that is exactly what he is saying.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?

Roe v. Wade, is about choice.
The Supreme Court has upheld Roe v. Wade.

I do not agree with abortion, like Ron Paul, but I do agree every individual has choices in life to make and everyone's situation is different, like Ron Paul.

Paul just wants the Federal government not to be the funding for abortions. That is private and an individuals choice to pay for a mistake they feel they made.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Originally Posted by quality guy
Yes! You are 'dead WRONG!'
If there is one issue that would make me support Paul...it would be his stance against abortion. >>Abortion is convenient MURDER!<<

A human life is killed with EVERY abortion. How is that hard for you to realize?
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Originally Posted by ray1945
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

OF COURSE....that is exactly what he is saying.
Just because YOU believe abortion is "murder" doesn't mean that it is so. Psst - Nomander, an embryo is not a "someone."

In this country, you are free to believe what you want. You are NOT free to impose your beliefs on anyone else. How is that hard for YOU to realize??

And, FYI, "he" is a "she" who has given birth to two children who are now adults and parents of their own children. So, unless both of you are women, I know a hell of a lot more about being pregnant and all that goes along with it, than either of you do.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: when it comes to women and their own bodies, MYOB!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Roe v. Wade, is about choice.
The Supreme Court has upheld Roe v. Wade.

I do not agree with abortion, like Ron Paul, but I do agree every individual has choices in life to make and everyone's situation is different, like Ron Paul.

Paul just wants the Federal government not to be the funding for abortions. That is private and an individuals choice to pay for a mistake they feel they made.
Wow...''a mistake they feel they made.'' By your STANDARD, there is no difference than walking in and shooting dead ...the ''mistake'' (human life) you ''feel you made'' ....when he or she is 3 or 4 years old....and becomes TOO MUCH of a burden. NO difference!

Killing the baby (human life from conception in a mother's womb) is pure murder.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Wow...''a mistake they feel they made.'' By your STANDARD, there is no difference than walking in and shooting dead ...the ''mistake'' (human life) you ''feel you made'' ....when he or she is 3 or 4 years old....and becomes TOO MUCH of a burden. NO difference!

Killing the baby (human life from conception in a mother's womb) is pure murder.
What a load of crapola!!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
If that baby is a viable human being you are totally wrong. If it can live on its own it is a human. Do you think it is acceptable for a mom or dad to smother their 1 hour old baby or throw it in the garbage? I would hope you would answer NO, so what is the difference in that and aborting a baby that can very well survive on its own if born. I am not necessarily talking first trimester, though I am opposed to abortion period except in rare cases. I do consider it murder to take a life of a fetus that has developed enough to survive outside mom's womb. You keep saying "embryo, I am talking fetus; 2 different stages of devolopment.

I don't know about you personally, but how many people support abortions and are against capital purnishment?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections