Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:04 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

He's right - hope he's ready for the onslaught.

Herman Cain Insists Being Gay Is a 'Choice' and Homosexuality Is 'Sin'

Quote:
When Morgan posed the analogy that Cain's stance is similar to being told that he was born black, Cain responded: "You know that's not true. I was born black." He added that his race "doesn’t wash off."
This one irks me. The whole idea of linking the struggles of black people w/ the struggles of gay people is bogus.

Quote:
Cain also weighed in on the issue of abortion during his CNN interview Wednesday, stating that he believes life "begins at conception" and "under no circumstances" does he support abortion.

He tempered his statement by giving allowance to a woman's personal choice in deciding on whether to have an abortion: "The government shouldn't be trying to tell people everything to do, especially when it comes to social decisions they have to make."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
I suppose you chose to be straight and if you wished you could go gay at any time. You just haven't found the right person yet.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
And the government shouldn't tell people what they can do except to tell them they can't have an abortion. Cain doesn't even know what he thinks.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM

753 posts, read 843,236 times
Seems Cain is stronger in economics than he is science. Failing grade Herman!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

This one irks me. The whole idea of linking the struggles of black people w/ the struggles of gay people is bogus.
You're officially added to my CD Hater list! LOLOLOLOL. You folks crack me up.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Cain obviously isn't smart enough to be President if he says something as stupid as being gay is a "choice".

Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Cain obviously isn't smart enough to be President if he says something as stupid as being gay is a "choice".
Correct, and ten to one he doesn't "believe" in evolution either!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Herman Cain Insists Being Gay Is a 'Choice' and Homosexuality Is 'Sin'

Well actually Herman Cain's confused and not sure what the question was, so he's actually not sure if he's pro life or pro choice. In true Establishment type fashion he probably wishes he could be both.

Oh and he also might be breaking the law:

Quote:
Is Herman Cain breaking the law? Bloomberg asked Bill Allison, of the electoral watchdog group the Sunlight, Foundation, if the transactions deserve further investigation. “All candidates publish books and they offer them as premiums to donors, but most candidates aren’t buying them from their own companies,” he said. “It raises the question of his campaign contributions ending up in his own pocket.” Making a profit from your campaign is a no-no.
I can’t remember a recent case where the candidate was so brazenly putting money directly in his own pocket. Even that dipsy-doodle Christine O’Donnell was using it to pay her rent. Cain deliberately created a strategy to turn donations into cash. Diverting campaign donations directly into one’s bank accounts represents a whole new level of audaciousness.
Is Herman Cain unaware of the law? And what happened to that resident agent guy? THE New Voice, Inc. has always listed only two corporate officers, Herman and Gloria Cain. But since its founding in 2004 and up until 2011, it listed Stefan Passantino as its resident agent. Passantino is the Washington, DC Partner for McKenna, Long and Aldridge, the firm that filed THE New Voice Inc.’s original incorporation. And yes, it’s unusual for a large-firm partner to be anyone’s resident agent.
Passantino, however, is not your ordinary business lawyer. It turns out he’s the “head of McKenna Long & Aldridge’s Political Law Team.” According to the company website, he specializes in “state and federal election law, campaign finance, pay-to-play and lobbying laws, and ethics issues.” Not your typical resident agent. So why, after serving Cain’s company for six years, did he disappear from corporate filings just before Cain started running for office? Did this election law expert see something that caused concern? Certainly, insider dealing would raise red flags, wouldn’t it?
I smell a RICO case, you crazy Herman Cain’s. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. All of you.
Unraveling Herman Cain

Well the Herman Cain bubble was pure torture, but thankfully it appears to be near deflating.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Why can't people have an opinion on homosexuality anymore? Is everyone supposed to accept it and if they aren't, they are bigots SOBs?

Let the guy believe what he wants to believe. Just like some of you are for it and expect people to respect your opinion, so does he...and everyone who thinks like him.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Why can't people have an opinion on homosexuality anymore? Is everyone supposed to accept it and if they aren't, they are bigots SOBs?

Let the guy believe what he wants to believe. Just like some of you are for it and expect people to respect your opinion, so does he...and everyone who thinks like him.
When his opinion affects my personal rights, I will stand up to it every chance I get. You better 'believe' that!

I'm sure it 'irked' a few white folks in Montgomery when Rosa Parks showed that their 'opinions' on her civil rights were not going to be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections