Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He's right - hope he's ready for the onslaught.

Herman Cain Insists Being Gay Is a 'Choice' and Homosexuality Is 'Sin'

This one irks me. The whole idea of linking the struggles of black people w/ the struggles of gay people is bogus.
Cain IS absolutely correct! Hope he stands tall ...Regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He's right - hope he's ready for the onslaught.

Herman Cain Insists Being Gay Is a 'Choice' and Homosexuality Is 'Sin'

This one irks me. The whole idea of linking the struggles of black people w/ the struggles of gay people is bogus.

I think it's more correct to say that it is a neurosis, and as such, not really a choice. Gay behavior is a choice, but being gay itself is not really a choice.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times
this is a big point people arnt mentioning.

cain didnt go out of his way and bring it up.

he was aked the question, and he answered it.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this is a big point people arnt mentioning.

cain didnt go out of his way and bring it up.

he was aked the question, and he answered it.
I'm surprised he understood the question and didn't seek to "clarify" (AKA backpedal) later on.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:25 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,207 times
Cain has been a real disappointment since his campaign kicked into high gear. I liked him a lot earlier after hearing his CPAC speech and checking out his impressive business record, but now he had failed to impress me any more.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
Cain has been a real disappointment since his campaign kicked into high gear. I liked him a lot earlier after hearing his CPAC speech and checking out his impressive business record, but now he had failed to impress me any more.
I think your comment is the same as many. Cain looked good....TOO GOOD...to be true!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Why can't people have an opinion on homosexuality anymore? Is everyone supposed to accept it and if they aren't, they are bigots SOBs?

Let the guy believe what he wants to believe. Just like some of you are for it and expect people to respect your opinion, so does he...and everyone who thinks like him.
People can have any opinion they want, but if it's a stupid or ignorant opinion, we have a right to tell them so.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
People can have any opinion they want, but if it's a stupid or ignorant opinion, we have a right to tell them so.
WRONG PAL! Cain 'nailed it!' What he said is TRUTH...and fact!!!

Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
But the role that helped propel Mr. Cain into politics was that of an ultimate Washington insider: industry lobbyist.
From 1996, when he left the pizza company, until 1999, Mr. Cain ran the National Restaurant Association, a once-sleepy trade group that he transformed into a lobbying powerhouse. He allied himself closely with cigarette makers fighting restaurant smoking bans, spoke out against lowering blood-alcohol limits as a way to prevent drunken driving, fought an increase in the minimum wage and opposed a patients’ bill of rights — all in keeping with the interests of the industry he represented.
It was a role that gave him an intimate view of the way Washington works, putting him in close proximity to Republican leaders at the time, including Newt Gingrich, now one of his presidential rivals, and John A. Boehner, now speaker of the House. And it helped Mr. Cain lay the groundwork for the next chapter in his life, his entry into electoral politics, beginning with a short-lived bid for the White House in 2000.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/us...yist.html?_r=1

So lets recap: Herman Cain was a lobbyist, supported TARP, and worked for the FED. How is he an "outsider" again?

Old 10-22-2011, 08:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
WRONG PAL! Cain 'nailed it!' What he said is TRUTH...and fact!!!
Too funny. Cain, just like most Republicans these days, will say anything and insist that it's a fact, even when all of the evidence says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections