Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,407,468 times

Advertisements

I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?
He's a doctor right? M.D.? Logical-science based thinking.

He knows what a collection of cells are and doesn't confuse it with being a baby.

Not a reason for me to not vote for him... I won't vote for him because he's a nut.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Yes, but there are countless people who vote just on social issues like who is anti or pro-abortion, gay marriage, etc,..

Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Yes, but there are countless people who vote just on social issues like who is anti or pro-abortion, gay marriage,...
...interpretations of the Constitution.

All sorts of things will come up when folks make their choices.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
You are missing a HUGE point though. Although he personally believes that abortion is wrong, he is also a huge proponent of stats rights, which is where this falls for him. As president, he would not see himself as the correct person to make the decision on abortion at the FEDERAL level, so he would never try to pass any laws regarding it.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You are missing a HUGE point though. Although he personally believes that abortion is wrong, he is also a huge proponent of stats rights, which is where this falls for him. As president, he would not see himself as the correct person to make the decision on abortion at the FEDERAL level, so he would never try to pass any laws regarding it.

Probably a troll post.

Anybody who knows anything about Ron Paul or libertarianism for that matter know a basic tenent is to impose moral behavior (any interpretation) is an act of violence.

Abortion is another issue to be relegated back to states and local communities, not imposed by federal dictate.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think you are missing two HUGE points: 1) Presidents to do not enact laws, Congress does; and 2) Ron Paul has a track record of voting against abortion issues and enacting them into law already.

So much for his "State Rights" rhetoric.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:58 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post

I agree with you but nonsense issues such as abortion or gay rights are not going to influence my vote.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Abortion is another issue to be relegated back to states and local communities, not imposed by federal dictate.
Someone should point that out to Ron Paul. His votes on the subject in the House are clearly at odds with his rhetoric.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I think you are missing two HUGE points: 1) Presidents to do not enact laws, Congress does; and 2) Ron Paul has a track record of voting against abortion issues and enacting them into law already.
He's just not a Federalist when it comes to peoples bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections