Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Someone should point that out to Ron Paul. His votes on the subject in the House are clearly at odds with his rhetoric.
What is it about "no" that you don't understand?

He despises federal body snatchers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 04:06 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,521,791 times
That's somewhat of a well known position of his. Nonetheless, now you know... so wherever that leads you next, so be it. If you feel so inclined, keep us abreast of who you will consider next.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,393,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Probably a troll post.

Anybody who knows anything about Ron Paul or libertarianism for that matter know a basic tenent is to impose moral behavior (any interpretation) is an act of violence.

Abortion is another issue to be relegated back to states and local communities, not imposed by federal dictate.
? I am a Libertarian and I'm supporting our party's candidate for president. HOnestly, I though RP had Libertarian ideas that I believe in such as:
1. Reducing regulation ESPECIALLY on small businesses.
2. Getting the heck out of foreign countries where we don't belong AND removing the reason that we're targets by Middle Eastern Muslims.
3. Stopping the "War on Drugs" Honestly, I don't give a *****. I don't use drugs and I don't want to pay to keep people in jail.
4. Providing a path to citizenship (yes you read it correctly) for "illegal" immigrants. We need somebody to pay taxes and the point of the US is that we take the flotsam of the world and let them do great things here.
5. Protecting Civil Liberties - Do we have any left?
6. Being Fiscally Responsible - The government spends too much money.

So I went to Ron's website to read his ideas about the issues. His religious and personal beliefs are important, but not when it comes to the future of our country.

Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Click on the link about Issues.

Maybe I read incorrectly "Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade" Uh, when is he going to have time for that?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?
Unfortunately, there are people who will vote based on a few social issues, so they have to say this stuff to try to get elected.

And I also just have to point out that everyone that gets an abortion isn't riddled with guilt and fear of a god that may or may not exist.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,947,199 times
Quote:
I agree with the man on almost everything...except a woman's right to kill her unborn child. I'm a Christian and I personally think abortion is wrong...but I don't think it is my business to stop other people from doing it.

If they can live with the guilt etc, then it is between them and God... Sheesh...we have bigger fish to fry than Roe V Wade. Am I wrong?

I feel the same way about those who would kill those they dislike or they perceive to cause hardship!

I mean, look, if someone wants to off another person, by all means, they will have to live with the guilt of such. It shouldn't be illegal.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:

No you're not. And frankly, that's been my biggest problem with Republitarians....they take the typically conservative position on abortion.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You are missing a HUGE point though. Although he personally believes that abortion is wrong, he is also a huge proponent of stats rights, which is where this falls for him. As president, he would not see himself as the correct person to make the decision on abortion at the FEDERAL level, so he would never try to pass any laws regarding it.
This is what many fail to understand.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
He's just not a Federalist when it comes to peoples bodies.
His voting record says otherwise.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,963 times
Quote:

Do you think it's wrong to have service men and women dying in Iraq and Afghanistan? Many times more American babies die as a result of abortion than have died in the Middle East in the last 10 years.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:55 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Single-issue voters are screwing up the country.

Cut it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections