Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The sanctions the EU has agreed to impose upon Iran, will hurt the European and US economy's, and serve to benefit Saudi Arabia. Why would we enter into another war to help SA? Why? Because Iran dares to defend their sovereinty, as an independent nation, along with Syria. They are opposed to western hegemony.

War truly is hell, as the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan remind us too well. Let’s remember that the terrible attacks on America of Sept. 11, 2001, were not from a nation, but from an alliance of individuals from many nations, most prominently Saudi Arabia. The U.S. attack on Iraq is now admittedly blamed on “faulty intelligence,” misinformation, and miscalculation. Vice President Dick Cheney predicted that the Iraq war would last six weeks and that U.S. forces would be welcomed with flowers as liberators.
All Americans opposed to another war must stand behind leaders seeking nonviolent resolutions to world situations that could blow up into wars that would wreck our economy, raise oil prices, profit only a few, and cause incalculable suffering everywhere, while we taxpayers foot the bill.
Avoiding a Catastrophic War With Iran by Nathaniel Batchelder -- Antiwar.com

RON PAUL 2012
Ron Paul did a great radio interview today in FL where the host wanted him to "talk about what the media doesn't want (him) to say" and he started to talk about how all these wars are about "the oil" and it is the "media-military-industrial complex that benefits". It is a fantastic interview. A lot of explanation is given that he doesn't usually give .

Ron Paul Interview WEUS Big 810 Radio in Orlando, Florida - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
more current war stupidity:

The Pentagon has a practice called “condolence payments.” This is when U.S. commanders pay surviving family members thousands of dollars for every civilian they’ve killed. After a night operation in 2009 killed 15 civilians, U.S. commanders visited the village and handed out $40,000 in cash - $2,500 for each death, $500 for two wounded men and $1,500 for village repairs.

In this cynical policy, the Pentagon has doled out $688,000 in condolence and $6.8 million in battle repair funds in Afghanistan in the first half of fiscal 2011.

these wars are so beyond stupid that i am running out of words.

all of these actions, all this money thrown around, all of the deaths, all this "diplomacy" and intervention-and our popularity keeps dropping. (actually, obama's-but a perception of the US as well):
Obama

we certainly aren't winning friends, stabilizing countries, protecting civilians, or influencing people-- but we are going broke quickly.

that doesn't sound like a winning game plan to me.
Oh my gosh! That is all I can say. Imagine if another country (or now with the NDAA, even our own), did that to us and thought we'd accept a measly 2500 dollars for killing a relative. That wouldn't even cover a quarter of burial costs! Things are REALLY getting OUT OF CONTROL. Or they always have been, but now they are getting even WORSE.

Obama seemed in complete denial last night. Who does he think he's kidding? He's still trying to push his same old failing programs by telling us they've been a success? What a crock!

He should have been making excuses for all his failures NOT pretending they don't exist.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Ron Paul did a great radio interview today in FL where the host wanted him to "talk about what the media doesn't want (him) to say" and he started to talk about how all these wars are about "the oil" and it is the "media-military-industrial complex that benefits". It is a fantastic interview. A lot of explanation is given that he doesn't usually give .

Ron Paul Interview WEUS Big 810 Radio in Orlando, Florida - YouTube

That is one of the Best interviews i have heard yet, and i have heard them all ... He has plenty of time to speak and really explain his foreign policy position and to spell out how it is interconnected with the fiat currency/monetary system.

I mean this really is cutting to the chase, getting down to the meat and bones of the worlds Problem and American policy being at the center of it at this time. The American dollar is pretty much responsible for holding many countries hostage, right along with our military industrial complex.

People obviously do not realize the danger we are in precisely because of these failed policies, and they seem unable to grasp the reality of the situation altogether. They just cant see the big picture ... It is a lot to swallow after all, and that is saying the very least, but its time people start waking up before the dollar does finally collapse.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
I think the interview was informative. Appreciate the post.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Have you heard about this?

Ron Paul Stripped of All Delegates from Iowa : Federal Jack

Ron Paul Stripped of All Delegates from Iowa!!! 1/21/12 - YouTube

Old 01-26-2012, 02:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
yes, it looks like the NYT scores it this way:

Republican Delegate Count - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com

with ron paul getting zero delegates in iowa.

i guess we are not even going to pretend that elections are honest anymore.

from the last election:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwng...eature=related

Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:

The delegates are not finalized until June I believe. From my understanding Mittens, Frothy, and Ron Paul will get 6 or 7 each. Newt 3 or 4. Strange how the media isn't reporting correctly on Ron Paul.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i know in the alaska election the NYT was quick to jump to murkowski's defense and certify her victory, as she won the write-in campaign for alaskan governor, even with allegations of voter fraud and rules change at election time. (by allowing "approximate spelling" and "intent" of the write-in candidates name, against state law.

here is just one story on the fraud as witnessed at that time:
New Reports of Ballot Stuffing, Native Voter Fraud in Alaskan Senate Race | Western Journalism.com

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-26-2012 at 03:00 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 AM

Speaking of the delegate count fraud, we all have to keep in mind that only 50 of the 2000 delegates (as Doug Wead explains in this interview on "Freedom Watch" have been assigned or will be after the shenanigans are uncovered. Out of the 2000, 564 will go to Romney and Ron Paul and NOT to Gingrich or Santorum. The race is just in its infancy.

Also note that 50% of Latinos in FL support Ron Paul. That can't hurt!

Fight for Your Civil Rights - YouTube

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:

from the last election:

CNN-Philly Man says he is voted a couple of times - YouTube
Welcome to the realities in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections