Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
In a way, you are right...but I can only speak for myself. I don't ever plan on giving up my support of most of the ideas and values that Ron Paul campaigns on. Whether it is Paul in the public venue, his son, Rand, or some other candidate I will continue to support the message.
And we can sleep with a clear conscience, if not without doubt for the future of our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:50 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And we can sleep with a clear conscience, if not without doubt for the future of our nation.
I'm sure whining all day long, about how the world is against them, and that nobody ever listens to them is mentally draining... for a good nights sleep. The process resumes the next day.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I'm sure whining all day long, about how the world is against them, and that nobody ever listens to them is mentally draining... for a good nights sleep. The process resumes the next day.
As opposed to lumping everybody into one broad label. That must take a "load off".

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,491,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I can't speak for all of Paul's supporters- we're all individuals- but you may be mistaking "whining" for desperate pleas for help. My soapbox rants over the web are not designed as attacks against my fellow citizens, or to be a bully, or to complain folks to death. All I want to do is help them see what I believe they may be missing.

Somewhere, deep down, there is a fundamental truth that all people understand. It is the fact that we are to be free. More than anything, I believe Paul's supporters are highly sensitive to such things, and are hyper-vigilant about protecting our freedoms. There is no evil or ill-will to our fellow man in our message. It is a message of peace, independence, and prosperity. Importantly, it's a warning to our fellow citizens to be aware of the evil, tyranny, and the abuse of power that threatens our way of life every day. These threats are not always external, but internal as well, as evil knows no bounds.

Whether you like Ron Paul as a man or not is immaterial- his platform is what is important. He represents personal liberty, economic freedom, and a government accountable to the people- the same people who grant said government its authority to govern. There is a great concern among many that these freedoms are being taken away. And, as our freedoms become more eroded, what little freedom is left becomes more easily taken.

Personally, I don't care if you ever come to like Ron Paul- he is only a politician. But, I wholeheartedly want people to at least peer into the abyss and know the dangers we face if we are too cavalier with our freedom. I can't stop people from playing fast and loose with their futures, but I can ask them to at least make a conscious decision about whether that is the future they want.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
From some Ron Paul supporters you hear stuff like this after a caucus loss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
yes i am disappointed, and you deserve to loose everything! You silly freaks! I hope every ***** and drunk and gambler loses everyone one of their rights. I hope they serve time in a secret prison camp, and are tortured ...
To be fair extreme hate like that is the exception but to me that sounds absolutely unhinged, and I don't think I've seen many instances of Gingrich/Santorum/Romney supporters behaving similarly.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 PM

740 posts, read 1,974,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
From some Ron Paul supporters you hear stuff like this after a caucus loss:

To be fair extreme hate like that is the exception but to me that sounds absolutely unhinged, and I don't think I've seen many instances of Gingrich/Santorum/Romney supporters behaving similarly.
You seem to have a lot of bitterness towards Ironmaw. Care to talk about it?

Sure, he gets a little pissed at times and might not be the best at holding his e-emotions, but he also has some pretty great posts.

He is not perfect, I am not perfect, are you perfect?

Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
He is not perfect, I am not perfect, are you perfect?
Perfection is not a requirement to make an observation about the disturbing nature of a post wishing others end up in secret prison camps since they didn't vote for his candidate.

No I'm not perfect, I especially suck at skee ball.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM

740 posts, read 1,974,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Perfection is not a requirement to make an observation about the disturbing nature of a post wishing others end up in secret prison camps since they didn't vote for his candidate.

No I'm not perfect, I especially suck at skee ball.
Yes, agreed that he went a bit insane on that post. The average American being so blind gets a bit frustrating, but not quite to that extent.

Glad to hear good ol Slackjaw has a kink in his armor, skee ball. *takes notes*

Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Well I have seen some very nasty comments from plenty of people on this board, including encouragement of what I would call stalkerish behavior, the ones that come off the top of my head do not appear to support Paul. So SlackJaw I do think maybe you have some kinda "baggage" there.

It all seems unproductive and superfluous to me.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Third place in Nevada......not much of a surge.Well there is still Maine,Minnesota,Missouri,and Colorado this week....maybe he can get second place in a couple of them.
Perhaps something fishy went on. Look at this graphic compared to three other states where Paul doubled or more than doubled his last election's votes, in Nevada where he expected to do the best he only did the same as in 2008:

Let's take a look at Ron Paul's support in primaries/caucuses so far from 2008 to 2012...anything fishy with Nevada?.. - Imgur
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections