Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
They are actually quite different.

The people being accused of hating kittens don't actually hate kittens, nor do they hate freedom, or love tyranny or whatever silly false dichotomy is thrown there way. If you asked that poster if they hate kittens they will so no they do not.

The people being accused of pushing conspiracy theories are exactly that, it is right there in their post. If you asked that poster if they believe in whatever conspiracy theory they are touting they will say yes they do. Agenda 21 is an agenda, but that agenda is the source of conspiracy theories amongst the crackpots.
Sorry I don't see a difference. The person applying the label is making themselves judge and jury. Apparently, the individuals doing the labeling seem to believe what they are saying.

Regardless, it adds nothing to the discussion imo.

Not supporting Agenda 21 doesn't make you a "conspiracy theorist" nor does thinking people don't have your interest in mind. The world is not all lollipops and sunshine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Sorry I don't see a difference. The person applying the label is making themselves judge and jury. Apparently, the individuals doing the labeling seem to believe what they are saying.
The difference is one disagrees with the claim (No, I don't hate kittens) while another does (Yes, I believe in this conspiracy).

Quote:
Not supporting Agenda 21 doesn't make you a "conspiracy theorist" nor does thinking people don't have your interest in mind.
Lots of distance between not supporting something based on what it is, versus spinning up all sorts of nefarious motives to fear.

Quote:
The world is not all lollipops and sunshine.
Agreed, nor are there black helicopters everywhere.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Here's some input from Campaign for Liberty, the Ron Paul inspired educational group on Agenda 21.
Agenda 21 Part 1 - YouTube
I believe there are groups who do audits for this kind of thing. Following the money is always a good idea. Essentially, this is just more corporatization.
Love how they try to redefine words like "consensus" and "sustainable". Leave it to attorneys and bankers.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
OMG
Emily, CD, and anybody else that thinks this game might be rigged, listen to this!
It's a wonder this woman is still breathing.
The sound is a bit scratchy.

Hollywood Producer: Bill Clinton Directly Told Me Barack Obama Not Eligible - 3/16/12 - YouTube

more from Viviano at Taitz Attempts to Subpoena Hollywood Producer Bettina Viviano in Mississippi Ballot Challenge | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
OMG
Emily, CD, and anybody else that thinks this game might be rigged, listen to this!
It's a wonder this woman is still breathing.
The sound is a bit scratchy.

Hollywood Producer: Bill Clinton Directly Told Me Barack Obama Not Eligible - 3/16/12 - YouTube

more from Viviano at Taitz Attempts to Subpoena Hollywood Producer Bettina Viviano in Mississippi Ballot Challenge | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records
I think I posted a clip about this same woman on another thread. Was wondering where it came from. All you can do is a lie detector and not even sure that is admissible. At best that would just prove she believes what she is saying. Honestly, I think many Americans don't care about BO's citizen status.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
The difference is one disagrees with the claim (No, I don't hate kittens) while another does (Yes, I believe in this conspiracy).

Lots of distance between not supporting something based on what it is, versus spinning up all sorts of nefarious motives to fear.

Agreed, nor are there black helicopters everywhere.
I didn't see anyone putting forth "conspiracies", or threads to conspiracies and certainly not black helicopters. (lol)

No one was asked if they believed in a particular "conspiracy theory". They were just promptly labelled as such. On one hand you give authority to the one labelling and on the other the one labelled.

Govts and corporations do horrid things to people everyday. Things that damage and kill. Those are groups, that are organized with a plan so I am not sure how some want to label that, but it is just as much a reality as an individual doing something of this nature alone.

It is also something that I think is not to be ignored or marginalized. People who are concerned for others is normal. Discussing unpleasantries doesn't breed fear nor is it automatically fear motivated.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
I didn't see anyone putting forth "conspiracies", or threads to conspiracies and certainly not black helicopters. (lol)
I know. You've got this routine of playing dumb about what a conspiracy theory is and what subjects are well known as being related to them, which is fine but just about everyone else recognizes them for what they are. Go google Agenda 21 and look how many hits are related to conspiracy theories, if you want to pretend the crap emilybh is bringing up about Agenda 21 isn't putting for conspiracy theories you are in denial.

Quote:
No one was asked if they believed in a particular "conspiracy theory". They were just promptly labelled as such. On one hand you give authority to the one labelling and on the other the one labelled.
You don't have to ask if they stated their views. If it makes you feel better, ask emilybh if she believes Agenda 21, a 20 year sustainability guideline, is in fact a nefarious global plot by the elites to destroy property rights and implement monolithic government

Quote:
Govts and corporations do horrid things to people everyday.
Agreed.

Quote:
It is also something that I think is not to be ignored or marginalized. People who are concerned for others is normal. Discussing unpleasantries doesn't breed fear nor is it automatically fear motivated.
Ignoring nasty things far is different than manufacturing them.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
I believe there are groups who do audits for this kind of thing. Following the money is always a good idea. Essentially, this is just more corporatization.
Love how they try to redefine words like "consensus" and "sustainable". Leave it to attorneys and bankers.
Exactly! Furman University in my area has a major in "corporate sustainability" if you can imagine that. Talk about indoctrination and making no bones about it! Also in my area the warm fuzzy "green" programs include remapping of all the residential areas which is going to force some people out of their homes. The planning reports talk about "desired population densities" in various areas. Some involved changing the area to the degree where some people currently have large 5 or 10 acre lots to 1/8 acre lots. Won't that be nice. I'm sure they won't mind giving up their property as long as it is for the good of the collective and for "sustainability" (not)!

Our country can't get out of organizations like the U.N. fast enough as far as I'm concerned, as Ron Paul has said. They are pushing these land grabs over on the American people disguised as something good without their even being aware of the full ramifications.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I think I posted a clip about this same woman on another thread. Was wondering where it came from. All you can do is a lie detector and not even sure that is admissible. At best that would just prove she believes what she is saying. Honestly, I think many Americans don't care about BO's citizen status.
This tape is about much more than that. I take it you didn't listen to it.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Agenda 21 is more than corporatism. It is the birth of collectivism at the expense of individualism. You are just a number, and only matter as much as you can contribute to what they consider the greater good.

The plan taking shape A Synopsis of Past Thoughts and Evidence Regarding Agenda 21
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections