Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 AM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well I wish I could hang out with you at the convention....i'm sure you would be a joy to watch...when it doesn't happen.

I'm sure after the convention you will be on here,perhaps with a new screenname,telling us about how Ron Paul will win anyway through a write in campaign.
Ron Paul might not win through a write-in campaign, but Romney will LOSE through a Ron Paul write-in campaign. And then all of his supporters will whine and cry because there was no party "unity" aka "our way or the highway".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Ron Paul is an elderly Archie

Who knew that this worn and elderly Ron "Archie" Paul would be such a fool four years after he was soundly rejected in 2008? The man has no more chance of winning tthe GOP nomination than Archie here, yet continues to pop up in worthless threads like this one.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I would like to hear directly from Ron Paul as to what he thinks about Rand endorsing Romney.

I also think he should use the time between now and August to initiate bills to REPEAL CISPA and the NDAA and the rest of the evil stuff that has been passed since 2001. He needs to keep the FREEDOM agenda STOKED! People need to get MAD as HE!! and finally realize they not only should not take it any more but that they never should have taken it in the first place!

How many more state conventions are there? I wonder. I hope he keeps speaking at those.

I also hope that enough delegates go who happen to want real FREEDOM so that by hook or crook, he ends up as our next President even if he isn't the Republican nominee.
I doubt Ron Paul is going to address an issue that may or may not have been discussed privately, certainly I wouldn't blame him. Betweeen now and August don't expect muchh to happen. It is summer, we have vacations, holidays and Pres campaigning to follow, no one really cares, right now about the issues you are hoping will get attention.

Nita

Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Ron Paul might not win through a write-in campaign, but Romney will LOSE through a Ron Paul write-in campaign. And then all of his supporters will whine and cry because there was no party "unity" aka "our way or the highway".
The thing so many Paul supporters are over looking is: a large number of Paul supporters are really Democrats and would vote for Obama. Just because we see the R next to Paul's name does not mean all or even a huge number of his supporters have ever supported the Republicans.

Nita

Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkingAgain View Post
Ron Paul supporters will never vote for Obama or Romney.
and that is why all this talk about Paul not getting the nomination is going to hurt the Republicans is nonsense. It won't affect the election in any way.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
No Kidding. It will be a repeat of McCain. I'm telling people. Don't vote for Romney unless you REALLY in your heart like him. (Don't vote for him because he is the lesser of two evils. The LAST thing this country needs is MORE evil. It is marinating in it now.

V
ote for Paul (write him in if he isn't the nominee) or vote for a third party candidate. That will send a LOUD and CLEAR message that people are not impressed with the principles the GOP currently stands for of war mongering and policing the world as per "project for a new american century"
which shows who the leading behind the scenes war mongers are: Project for a New American Century

Not only that but Republicans now no longer care about fiscal responsibility. They don't care about overgrown behemouth sized government and they don't care about protecting our individual rights.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The thing so many Paul supporters are over looking is: a large number of Paul supporters are really Democrats and would vote for Obama. Just because we see the R next to Paul's name does not mean all or even a huge number of his supporters have ever supported the Republicans.

Nita
Nobody who has been paying attention and cares about FREEDOM and individual rights and privacy is going to be voting for Obama again. We don't have to worry about that.

I worry more about the people who like Paul but would be willing to waste their vote on Romney. Just like in the last election, they wasted it on McCain--- because he was supposedly more electable than Paul---and we know what happened with McCain.

Now we know Romney is hardly electable except for the fact that every trick in the book is being used to ram him down every Republican voter's throat because the powers that be want a puppet they can control for our next president whether it be Romney or Obama.

This year I think is PAST time for people to begin voting their conscience and NOT who they are told to vote for.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
I haven't seen evidence to support this statement. What are you basing this on? From what I have seen the vast majority would be people who tend to vote as independents.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Paul should have run independent.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
No Kidding. It will be a repeat of McCain. I'm telling people. Don't vote for Romney unless you REALLY in your heart like him. (Don't vote for him because he is the lesser of two evils. The LAST thing this country needs is MORE evil. It is marinating in it now.

V
ote for Paul (write him in if he isn't the nominee) or vote for a third party candidate. That will send a LOUD and CLEAR message that people are not impressed with the principles the GOP currently stands for of war mongering and policing the world as per "project for a new american century"
which shows who the leading behind the scenes war mongers are: Project for a New American Century

Not only that but Republicans now no longer care about fiscal responsibility. They don't care about overgrown behemouth sized government and they don't care about protecting our individual rights.
I agree with this.
The problem with sending a msg is the PTBs don't care. The way the system is owned and controlled top to bottom is all they need. They could careless about msgs. The only way any real msg would work is to not show up to vote. Meaning only a handful would show.

They can make the numbers up anyway. Phantom voters have shown up for yrs now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections