Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I like looking into threads when "conservatives" are battling other "conservatives." What's Ron Paul's view on protecting Israel?
Personally I think that should not be a huge election issue when we have so many HUGE problems of our own to deal with...if we dont straighten out out own back yard, we will cease being able to have enforceable positions on protecting anyone...especially our selves. But anyway, here:

Ron Paul: The Most Pro-Israel Candidate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
lol...don't underestimate the trouble Iran can cause. Their military is nothing compared to the US, but it is much more powerful than Iraq's was. Iran is a threat to it's neighbors in the middle east and they have a pretty good missile program which they have been known to use. The threat of them shutting off the Strait of Hormuz is a constant possibility.

It is estimated that Iran could have a nuclear weapon by 2013. To think they won't develop one is naive and irresponsible. This is a very dangerous country and has a history of being very ruthless in the forms of weapons they will use.

Everything is not about a country attacking us on our soil (although that is what 9/11 was), it's about keeping balance in areas like the middle east. You cannot allow a country like Iran to get out of control. Any country in the middle east that gains control of the region can literally hold the rest of the world hostage as things are now. Without the oil coming out of the middle east, the world economy definitely has more issues than it has presently. This is not just about the US, we live in a global economy like it or not. It's a little too late to put the genie back in the bottle on that one.
dixiegirl, all the evidence points to our involvement in the Middle East as THE MAJOR UNDERLYING CAUSE of the terrorist attacks and increase in suicide bombers which have grown exponentially the more war mongering we do. We are NOT SAFER by being the BIG BULLY OF THE WORLD. If anything we are LESS SAFE. Attacking Iran would make us all the MORE vulnerable!

Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
B-b-b-but emily... don't you know that we have to fight them there so that we don't have to fight them over here!
Yeah that was the line we all stupidly bought 10 years ago. If anything there should have been a quick efficient counter attack or search for Bin Laden and we should have returned home in a matter of weeks. Some of us know better to be a lot more suspicious of ulterior motives of our government before we give them carte blanche to destroy our liberty and send our troops overseas UNLESS IT IS REALLY NECESSARY.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Somehow, I don't think you had to worry about Iraq attacking the United States. That wouldn't even happen in a badly written war novel.
I know that: I was just trying to make a point.

Nita

Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Originally Posted by quality guy
You're plain WRONG, Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Even YOU should know because it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE by now and EVERYONE KNOWS except a few of you, that there WERE NO WEAPONS of Mass Destruction in Iraq which was the only reason they gave us (saying that there were) to justify going there.

This is the original order of my posts and emilybh's reply posts
emily, I still love ya....but let me ask you. Does it not TROUBLE you...Ron Paul's attitude regarding Iran? And you don't believe the highest priority of a US President...is protecting America...from enemy forces...outside of our borders?

Emily, surely you're not that naive?
__________________________________________________ __________

Quote from emilybh
''No I'm not naive. Iran is not a threat because they don't even have a military to speak of. Iraq also was not a threat.''

Quote from quality guy:
''You're plain WRONG, Again.''

Hold on here, emilybh
Why are you trying to 'trick' folks...posting my response to you
>> ''You're plain WRONG, Again.'' << out of the sequence of order in which my response's to your posts originated?

That can distort the intent of my original point...and 'post'...and be deceitful.

I posted ''You're plain WRONG, Again.'' in response to your post saying ''No I'm not naive. Iran is not a threat because they don't even have a military to speak of. Iraq also was not a threat.''

Last edited by quality guy; 09-22-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 AM

He's REALLY Surging now! Before going on with Jon Stewart he was scheduled to be at Webster Hall in NYC which has a capacity of 700 but sold 1800 tickets so the venue was moved to another location. Imagine the excitement!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...or-revolution/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNGW...0&feature=plpp

The link above is his speech there.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
He's REALLY Surging now! going on with Jon Stewart
Thanks for the video Here's one for you

Ron Paul Daily Show Interview pt 1 - YouTube

Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM

These are better of the NYC event:

Part 1

Ron Paul at Webster Hall part 1 0f 2 - 4/25/11 - YouTube

Part 2

Ron Paul at Webster Hall part 2 of 2 - 4/25/11 - YouTube

Jack Hunter's opening

Ron Paul Webster Hall - Jack Hunter Opening the Show - YouTube

Thanks for the Daily Show clip...what a day that must have been for RP

I just noticed these two look like they were at a different venue. Maybe he did two events as well as the Daily Show?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
These are better of the NYC event:

Part 1

Ron Paul at Webster Hall part 1 0f 2 - 4/25/11 - YouTube

Part 2

Ron Paul at Webster Hall part 2 of 2 - 4/25/11 - YouTube

Jack Hunter's opening

Ron Paul Webster Hall - Jack Hunter Opening the Show - YouTube

Thanks for the Daily Show clip...what a day that must have been for RP

I just noticed these two look like they were at a different venue. Maybe he did two events as well as the Daily Show?

The last one is from 2007.... Has his message changed? Has he flip-flopped?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:50 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
OMG! Not another "I think he can, I think he can" Ron Paul thread!! The man has no chance - none whatsoever - for myriad reasons, first among them: he's too freakin' old.
I would say if he loses for any reason it would because there's too many people like you out there voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections