Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Far from a liberal.
I dont believe I have ever voted democrat.

With my posting history I consider myself pretty conservative on many issues

What makes you think I'm liberal?

Is it because I have different views in this "free" country?

Or is it something else? Tell me
My apologies if you are not a lib. I was referring to the media's non-stop plugging for Mit Romney. Watch any political show and they talk about 'electability'. They clearly would prefer to see a RINO instead of a real republican. That's how we got mccain. I don't think it's going to help to nominate romney now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I hope the Tea Partiers force their most extreme nominee on the Republican Party. Then the public will have a choice between a moderate conservative, President Obama, and a far right wing demagogue. I do not see any possibility of the Democrats nominating a liberal or a Populist candidate any time soon.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
My apologies if you are not a lib. I was referring to the media's non-stop plugging for Mit Romney. Watch any political show and they talk about 'electability'. They clearly would prefer to see a RINO instead of a real republican. That's how we got mccain. I don't think it's going to help to nominate romney now.

Huh...you must watching some shows I don't ever see. No one is really plugging for Romney. Fox News doesn't like him at all and doesn't even give him credit when he does do well, as in the debates. They were clearly in the tank for Perry and now that he has blown up on them, they are desperately seeking a replacement.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:41 AM

313 posts, read 833,810 times
Quote:
Well I guess I should have explained that part more. In my opinion Republicans are having a issue gaining support from different ethnicity.

Just judging by the crowd that I saw, they are having a issue getting younger people to listen, as well as other races.
There seems to be a lack of caring.
If only White People Over 40-50 is going to vote republican that candidate probably will not win. If only one demographic is willing to listen I believe that's a fail campaign. To me it just seemed to a old crowd atleast in my opinion.
Like I wrote in my OP maybe that not a fault of republicans, I just believe it could be a challenge that they may face.

Again my opinion as usual.
Ron Paul is very strong with the younger people. The people that like him are very diverse. Unfortunately, the media spins everything and turns people off to him. If one would actually look into his position on the issues, I think they would see why he draws people in from every walk of life.

I really don't see how limiting the federal government to its constitutional authority, reigning in the federal reserve that is anything but federal and is actually a private bank, and stopping unconstitutional immoral and expensive wars that we can not afford is a conspiracy theory. Different than what we are used to, yes but I think it is a path that we must take if we want to see our country come out of this mess we're in. Ron Paul knows the root of the problems we are facing, he predicted that they were going to happen and he has solutions. I don't see that from any of our other options.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 AM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Well after the debate it's clear the gimmicks in the republican nomination race are slowly fading to "nothingness."
I just wish they would "****", and stop showing up to debates.

Bachmann - The Hypocrite, seems like she has hit her ceiling and falling fast..She's done.

Ron Paul- The Conspiracy Theorists Favorite, and according many of his supporters the only one not part of the "NWO", or "Illuminati." Basically Ignored and invisible, and is also done. Thankfully this will probably be his last attempt.

Sarah Palin- Never Officially in it, never showed in a debate. She will no doubt continue to be a side show, and steal attention from legit candidates, luckily people seem to be finally realizing this lady is a attention *****. I'm sure she will come out with a new book, or make some outrageously stupid statement to get back on TV soon.

Gary Johnson -- New but still...OH PLEASE

Newt Gingrich - He's Done has no shot. Maybe will be in somebodies cabinet, but I seriously doubt despite what some of the others said, anybody would pick him as Vice President.

Jon Huntsmans and Hermain Cain most likely done, I would not be surprised if one of these two catch fire. Those 2 are my "sleeper picks"

I see Huntsman being someones VP most likely. Probably perfect for some independents and moderates.

I do like how Cain speaks his mind.

I just hoping the people who KNOW they can not win would just hurry and get out of the race.

I had one complaint/concern, it still seems the republicans are having issues with diversity issues. I could not watch ALL of the debate, but from the camera shots, foxnews focus group, and what I believe was the crowd at the debate there really was not a lot of diversity..

In my opinion (well it may be a fact), the days of winning with just one demographic group may be long gone. That being said I doubt it's much that the republican party can do about that. There's a old saying
"you can take the person to the water but you can't make him drink it."

Also when I say Diversity, I'm not only talking Race, but also Age. The point of being on youtube was to try to reach that younger voter, college voters etc. Many Younger Voters are typically not Fox Viewers so that's already may be a turn off, and some Republican Policies or Proposals, Statements, may turn them away from the republican party more.
I believe the Far Right Tea Party already did some damage.
I Believe that could be a huge challenge for the Republicans.

Just My Thoughts.. As Usual
You haven't done much research on corporate globalism have you? It's what's been running this country especially as for wars and immigraton. Do you know who Larry King on CNN for decades is? He interviewed President Fox of Mexico and they spoke about the North American Union and the current merging of U.S., Mexico and Canda, they spoke about the Amero-dollar coming later. This is part of globalism and new world order. Your friend, Obama spoke clearly the words "new world order" in a speech he gave right after the election I think it was. Look it up.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 AM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Huh...you must watching some shows I don't ever see. No one is really plugging for Romney. Fox News doesn't like him at all and doesn't even give him credit when he does do well, as in the debates. They were clearly in the tank for Perry and now that he has blown up on them, they are desperately seeking a replacement.
If Fox doesn't like Romney that's a big plus for him, he must be less liberal than they'd like in some areas.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Well after the debate it's clear the gimmicks in the republican nomination race are slowly fading to "nothingness."

Bachmann - The Hypocrite, seems like she has hit her ceiling and falling fast..She's done.

Ron Paul- The Conspiracy Theorists Favorite, and according many of his supporters the only one not part of the "NWO", or "Illuminati." Basically Ignored and invisible, and is also done. Thankfully this will probably be his last attempt.

Sarah Palin- Never Officially in it, never showed in a debate. She will no doubt continue to be a side show, and steal attention from legit candidates, luckily people seem to be finally realizing this lady is a attention *****. I'm sure she will come out with a new book, or make some outrageously stupid statement to get back on TV soon.

Newt Gingrich - He's Done has no shot. Maybe will be in somebodies cabinet, but I seriously doubt despite what some of the others said, anybody would pick him as Vice President.

Jon Huntsmans and Hermain Cain most likely done, I would not be surprised if one of these two catch fire. Those 2 are my "sleeper picks"

I see Huntsman being someones VP most likely. Probably perfect for some independents and moderates.

I just hoping the people who KNOW they can not win would just hurry and get out of the race.

I had one complaint/concern, it still seems the republicans are having issues with diversity issues. I could not watch ALL of the debate, but from the camera shots, foxnews focus group, and what I believe was the crowd at the debate there really was not a lot of diversity..

In my opinion (well it may be a fact), the days of winning with just one demographic group may be long gone. That being said I doubt it's much that the republican party can do about that. There's a old saying

Also when I say Diversity, I'm not only talking Race, but also Age. The point of being on youtube was to try to reach that younger voter, college voters etc. Many Younger Voters are typically not Fox Viewers so that's already may be a turn off, and some Republican Policies or Proposals, Statements, may turn them away from the republican party more.

You're all over the map here. What is your definition of a social conservative first. It doesn't seem to correlate with what other definitions of social conservatives would be defined as given your candidate breakdown.

You've posted the negatives for each candidate, so who would you actually vote for?

You could just as easily post a thread about how Obama's gimmicks are slowly being eliminated and if you didn't have any actual facts (just hearsay) I would call you out as well.

Are you a single issue voter?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:

Regarding your diversity comment. I seriously doubt that "diverse" folks were banned. So the the reason they didn't go was because THEY chose not to, making them the racists, sexists, etc. I'm sure if THEY weren't so racist, sexist, etc., they would have been welcomed with open arms.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:

It doesn't bother you that Cain is a Bankster and supports the Patriot Act?

I don't see how you can say Ron Paul is done. He's just getting started! He's got the following of a Rock Star which is more than anyone can say for Obama these days or any of the other GOP candidates.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:50 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Well I guess I should have explained that part more. In my opinion Republicans are having a issue gaining support from different ethnicity.

Just judging by the crowd that I saw, they are having a issue getting younger people to listen, as well as other races.
There seems to be a lack of caring.
If only White People Over 40-50 is going to vote republican that candidate probably will not win. If only one demographic is willing to listen I believe that's a fail campaign. To me it just seemed to a old crowd atleast in my opinion.
Like I wrote in my OP maybe that not a fault of republicans, I just believe it could be a challenge that they may face.

Again my opinion as usual.

I think you mean Republicans are having AN issue (you always use the word "an" NOT "a" if the word follows it (like "issue") starts with a vowel. Also it would be "an old crowd" not "a old crowd" be cause "o" is a vowel.
The vowels are "a, e, i, o and u" ....not to criticize or to get off the subject but just thought you might be interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections