Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 07:42 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,034,548 times

Advertisements

Well after the debate it's clear the gimmicks in the republican nomination race are slowly fading to "nothingness."
I just wish they would "****", and stop showing up to debates.

Bachmann - The Hypocrite, seems like she has hit her ceiling and falling fast..She's done.

Ron Paul- The Conspiracy Theorists Favorite, and according many of his supporters the only one not part of the "NWO", or "Illuminati." Basically Ignored and invisible, and is also done. Thankfully this will probably be his last attempt.

Sarah Palin- Never Officially in it, never showed in a debate. She will no doubt continue to be a side show, and steal attention from legit candidates, luckily people seem to be finally realizing this lady is a attention *****. I'm sure she will come out with a new book, or make some outrageously stupid statement to get back on TV soon.

Gary Johnson -- New but still...OH PLEASE

Newt Gingrich - He's Done has no shot. Maybe will be in somebodies cabinet, but I seriously doubt despite what some of the others said, anybody would pick him as Vice President.

Jon Huntsmans and Hermain Cain most likely done, I would not be surprised if one of these two catch fire. Those 2 are my "sleeper picks"

I see Huntsman being someones VP most likely. Probably perfect for some independents and moderates.

I do like how Cain speaks his mind.

I just hoping the people who KNOW they can not win would just hurry and get out of the race.

I had one complaint/concern, it still seems the republicans are having issues with diversity issues. I could not watch ALL of the debate, but from the camera shots, foxnews focus group, and what I believe was the crowd at the debate there really was not a lot of diversity..

In my opinion (well it may be a fact), the days of winning with just one demographic group may be long gone. That being said I doubt it's much that the republican party can do about that. There's a old saying
"you can take the person to the water but you can't make him drink it."

Also when I say Diversity, I'm not only talking Race, but also Age. The point of being on youtube was to try to reach that younger voter, college voters etc. Many Younger Voters are typically not Fox Viewers so that's already may be a turn off, and some Republican Policies or Proposals, Statements, may turn them away from the republican party more.
I believe the Far Right Tea Party already did some damage.
I Believe that could be a huge challenge for the Republicans.

Just My Thoughts.. As Usual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:47 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,007,217 times
Interesting thoughts.

I suggest the Democrats concentrate on the middle of the road voters by concentrating on protecting and creating American Jobs for Americans.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:54 AM

This Race is Clearly between Romney, and Perry. It basically sums the 2 sides of the republican party.
Romney seems to be more of a Moderate.
Perry seems to be more Far Right. (Supported By the Tea Party).

In my opinion, If Republicans don't concentrate on Moderate Voters, they are screwed and doomed to bitching about the mess we got in the Whitehouse right now and for the next 4 years.

People "cheer" about Obama BAd Approval Numbers, but forget about Congresses Historically Horrid Approval Numbers. So there probably be turnover ...AGAIN in 2012, or close to it.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,402,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Well after the debate it's clear the gimmicks in the republican nomination race are slowly fading to "nothingness."
I just wish they would "****", and stop showing up to debates.

Bachmann - The Hypocrite, seems like she has hit her ceiling and falling fast..She's done.

Ron Paul- The Conspiracy Theorists Favorite, and according many of his supporters the only one not part of the "NWO", or "Illuminati." Basically Ignored and invisible, and is also done. Thankfully this will probably be his last attempt.

Sarah Palin- Never Officially in it, never showed in a debate. She will no doubt continue to be a side show, and steal attention from legit candidates, luckily people seem to be finally realizing this lady is a attention *****. I'm sure she will come out with a new book, or make some outrageously stupid statement to get back on TV soon.

Gary Johnson -- New but still...OH PLEASE

Newt Gingrich - He's Done has no shot. Maybe will be in somebodies cabinet, but I seriously doubt despite what some of the others said, anybody would pick him as Vice President.

Jon Huntsmans and Hermain Cain most likely done, I would not be surprised if one of these two catch fire. Those 2 are my "sleeper picks"

I see Huntsman being someones VP most likely. Probably perfect for some independents and moderates.

I do like how Cain speaks his mind.

I just hoping the people who KNOW they can not win would just hurry and get out of the race.

I had one complaint/concern, it still seems the republicans are having issues with diversity issues. I could not watch ALL of the debate, but from the camera shots, foxnews focus group, and what I believe was the crowd at the debate there really was not a lot of diversity..

In my opinion (well it may be a fact), the days of winning with just one demographic group may be long gone. That being said I doubt it's much that the republican party can do about that. There's a old saying
"you can take the person to the water but you can't make him drink it."

Also when I say Diversity, I'm not only talking Race, but also Age. The point of being on youtube was to try to reach that younger voter, college voters etc. Many Younger Voters are typically not Fox Viewers so that's already may be a turn off, and some Republican Policies or Proposals, Statements, may turn them away from the republican party more.
I believe the Far Right Tea Party already did some damage.
I Believe that could be a huge challenge for the Republicans.

Just My Thoughts.. As Usual

What "diversity" were you looking for? I saw a shapes and sizes of people in the audience. All we care about is diversity of opinion, not ethnicity.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
What "diversity" were you looking for? I saw a shapes and sizes of people in the audience. All we care about is diversity of opinion, not ethnicity.
Well I guess I should have explained that part more. In my opinion Republicans are having a issue gaining support from different ethnicity.

Just judging by the crowd that I saw, they are having a issue getting younger people to listen, as well as other races.
There seems to be a lack of caring.
If only White People Over 40-50 is going to vote republican that candidate probably will not win. If only one demographic is willing to listen I believe that's a fail campaign. To me it just seemed to a old crowd atleast in my opinion.
Like I wrote in my OP maybe that not a fault of republicans, I just believe it could be a challenge that they may face.

Again my opinion as usual.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,639,743 times
I always find it interesting when the libs decide to tell us who the good republicans are.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,773,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I always find it interesting when the libs decide to tell us who the good republicans are.
That's because you can't figure it out for yourselves, and you don't have much to draw from in any case.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Far from a liberal.
I dont believe I have ever voted democrat.

With my posting history I consider myself pretty conservative on many issues

What makes you think I'm liberal?

Is it because I have different views in this "free" country?

Or is it something else? Tell me

Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,402,829 times
Quote:
Well I guess I should have explained that part more. In my opinion Republicans are having a issue gaining support from different ethnicity.

Just judging by the crowd that I saw, they are having a issue getting younger people to listen, as well as other races.
There seems to be a lack of caring.
If only White People Over 40-50 is going to vote republican that candidate probably will not win. If only one demographic is willing to listen I believe that's a fail campaign. To me it just seemed to a old crowd atleast in my opinion.
Like I wrote in my OP maybe that not a fault of republicans, I just believe it could be a challenge that they may face.

Again my opinion as usual.

Blacks are only 12% of the population and I saw plenty in the few crowd shots that were displayed. Most of the front seats were probably reserved for delegates or big donors.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Far from a liberal.
I dont believe I have ever voted democrat.

With my posting history I consider myself pretty conservative on many issues

What makes you think I'm liberal?

Is it because I have different views in this "free" country?

Or is it something else? Tell me
Still waiting on an explanation, on why you believe I'm liberal.

I hope you aren't one of those who like to "post and run" for lil meaningless rep points.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections