Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times

Advertisements

hotair2:"McCain probably would have won if not for Palin."

i like JM, and no way, Jose, but w/o SP, he would have made it closer and Dems would have stayed below 60 seats.

SP indirectly allowed Obamacare to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
Funny to sit back and watch the minority group called liberals make up all this stuff about the party who is by far the majority in this country.

The GOP is loaded with smart, talented up and coming members. What do the dems have? Besides the failure Obama, what is next? Who steps up next?
What person is viable in the future since Obama failed and left the party and the country in a total mess?

To watch the clowns to work their hate and attacks on anything that moves just proves they are desperate.

When Perry was not even running the daily attack were focused on anyone who was a threat to their failed leader. Then Perry enters and the attack and hate on Perry starts. Then Perry blunders and now they do the lib thing and make it out like the GOP already hand picked him.

Sorry but the GOP has not picked anyone yet, but the loons keep doing their normal disaster control of hate and attack.

The dems and their media friends have hyped up certain people themselves and creating the false ideas themselves.

Now if Christie enters the race watch the clown party go to work on him. Already doing the cheesy attack of his weight, what the hate machine of the left dig and dig.

Funny they make fun of his weight when Obama looks ill, frail, aging and has to take a vacation every month just to rest his poor broken down and stressed body.

I read someone here posted that Christie used a government plane to go see a kids ballgame. What the heck did Obama do on his million dollar date night? Spend taxpayer dollars ( Im thinking into the millions ) just to take his wife out to dinner. Then taking two planes jetting all over the USA and out of the country on our money.

Waiting to see the attacks on Christie and Cain coming. Keep your eyes on the attack club and watch their hate start showing on these two guys.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:42 PM

Sunny Days, Neither party has a stocked bench. Politics attracts just the rejects these days. No leaders, no visionaries. Often the party with 10 running have so many because of a void of a real stronger candidate.

CC would be a breath of fresh air, assuming he can remain independent of the TP.

4 years ago, Bobby Jindal was the flavor of the week, the right was so high on. Earlier this year, Bachmann. Then Perry, etc. When a bench is strong, it lasts longer than a song on the radio.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:12 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Funny to sit back and watch the minority group called liberals make up all this stuff about the party who is by far the majority in this country.

The GOP is loaded with smart, talented up and coming members. What do the dems have? Besides the failure Obama, what is next? Who steps up next?
What person is viable in the future since Obama failed and left the party and the country in a total mess?

To watch the clowns to work their hate and attacks on anything that moves just proves they are desperate.

When Perry was not even running the daily attack were focused on anyone who was a threat to their failed leader. Then Perry enters and the attack and hate on Perry starts. Then Perry blunders and now they do the lib thing and make it out like the GOP already hand picked him.

Sorry but the GOP has not picked anyone yet, but the loons keep doing their normal disaster control of hate and attack.

The dems and their media friends have hyped up certain people themselves and creating the false ideas themselves.

Now if Christie enters the race watch the clown party go to work on him. Already doing the cheesy attack of his weight, what the hate machine of the left dig and dig.

Funny they make fun of his weight when Obama looks ill, frail, aging and has to take a vacation every month just to rest his poor broken down and stressed body.

I read someone here posted that Christie used a government plane to go see a kids ballgame. What the heck did Obama do on his million dollar date night? Spend taxpayer dollars ( Im thinking into the millions ) just to take his wife out to dinner. Then taking two planes jetting all over the USA and out of the country on our money.

Waiting to see the attacks on Christie and Cain coming. Keep your eyes on the attack club and watch their hate start showing on these two guys.
Well in 2016 I would like to see Elizabeth Warren run.

As far as Cain goes I don't know much about him. I have not heard anything negative as to his character. His TP rhetoric will be his undoing. Christie will probably eat his way out of the race if he ever enters. Republicans should really find a good candidate. I would welcome and could even vote for them. Give me an Eisenhower Republican and I would vote for him in a heart beat.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Give me an Eisenhower Republican and I would vote for him in a heart beat.
Good night, how old are you?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I know the new tactic by Republicans is to try to cause a crack in the democratic party by suggesting that another democrat would have a chance.

It is simply not going to happen. Democrats know that there best chance to win is with the incumbent and not having two people beating each other up on the way to the election.

Bill Clinton handled the suggestion that his wife run with great skill. He recognizes what the Republicans are trying to do and simply does not fall for it. We miss Bill.

Here is Bill on Meet the press.

"But I also have a high regard for Vice President Cheney's political skills, and I think one of those great skills is sowing discord among the opposition. So I think he's right that she's done a heck of a job. But she is a member of this administration, and committed to doing it. And I think he, by saying something nice about her in the way that he did, knew that it might cause a little trouble," Clinton continued.
"I don't want to help him succeed in his political strategy. But I admire that he's still out there hitting the ball."
For the 2008 primaries, the GOP spent a ton of money putting all of their eggs in the Hillary basket prior to the Dems choosing Obama. I was hoping the Democrats were going to spend like crazy (something they are skilled at ) doing the same with Sarah Palin. (Dick Morris showing his great skills as a prognosticator told us the 2008 election was going to be Condi vs Hillary.) I think Hillary is no Bill Clinton and is just as radical as Obama, however, one of our candidates, Jon Huntsman, thinks she's charming and personable. He's at 2 percent. If Hillary runs against Obama she's a racist.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:42 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
For the 2008 primaries, the GOP spent a ton of money putting all of their eggs in the Hillary basket prior to the Dems choosing Obama. I was hoping the Democrats were going to spend like crazy (something they are skilled at ) doing the same with Sarah Palin. (Dick Morris showing his great skills as a prognosticator told us the 2008 election was going to be Condi vs Hillary.) I think Hillary is no Bill Clinton and is just as radical as Obama, however, one of our candidates, Jon Huntsman, thinks she's charming and personable. He's at 2 percent. If Hillary runs against Obama she's a racist.
What are you talking about? >> ''hoping the Democrats were going to spend like crazy (something they are skilled at ) doing the same with Sarah Palin.''

Why would dems spend like crazy on Sarah Palin. I know you're 'up late'...but this is not understandable??????

Old 09-26-2011, 07:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
hotair2:"McCain probably would have won if not for Palin."

i like JM, and no way, Jose, but w/o SP, he would have made it closer and Dems would have stayed below 60 seats.

SP indirectly allowed Obamacare to pass.
no he would not have. It is rare, if ever a VP candidate hurts a ticket, sometimes they can help, but they do not hurt. McCain probably could not have won regardless, Obama, like him or not, is a shrude campaigner, he was new and excited the young voters like no one since Kennedy and the country just wanted to forget the Bush years, fair or not... An absoultely perfect and exciting candidate might have beat Obama but McCain wasn't the candidate.

Nita

Old 09-26-2011, 11:24 AM

SP hurt JM, and Minnesota's Franken was so close, even just a few hundred disauded from supporting JM created Senator #60 and Obamacare. The margin in that race was historically tight.

No one could beat BO, HC was a sure winner in any primary except against BO or HC. She would have left the other Dems in my lifetime in the dust, and she never stood a real shot vs BO. Even now, his personal approval ratings are astounding when one looks at the state of the nation.

I love seeing heavyweights go at it, Lakers and Celtics ( Magic v Bird) come to mind. I wish as one loving great battles, we could see either RR vs BC, or RR vs BO. Whenever a great campaigner comes along, the other party only has lightweights. JM was a lightweight, as is the 2012 GOP field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections