Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:43 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I guess you are just not voting then.
Ron Paul has taken the least from the big banks. He has the most individual donations as a percentage. So if Paul gets the nomination I may vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,315,653 times
Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan has been having meetings with Romney too. Someone from Bank of America walked right up to Rick Perry and told him that they will help him out. Bunch of empty suits including Obama.

Banker to Rick Perry - "I'm from Bank of America and we'll help you out" - YouTube

Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
I can't believe how naive some of you are. Who do you think is contributing all of these milions of dollars to these candidates. I guess you thought it was the $25.00 donations that just really added up...lol.

I just hope Romney or Perry or whoever the banks are meeting with can convince them to start loaning some money again and get this country moving economically. I don't think some of you realize that banks are not loaning money right now, which means builders aren't building houses that people can't buy. Until that starts happening again, the economy stays in the toilet. Small businesses have no operating credit right now either, which is why they can't hire anyone. Don't any of you understand that the meetings with the banks might have something to do with all of this also. Whoever gets the nomination, if they win the election, has a monumental task of the economy to deal with. I doubt they want to live down to their predecessor's record of doing nothing but making it worse.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Ron Paul has taken the least from the big banks. He has the most individual donations as a percentage. So if Paul gets the nomination I may vote for him.
What chance do you really believe Ron Paul has of getting the nomination?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:41 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,025,296 times
Romney gave them a toaster and they called it even.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Looks like Goldman Sachs is the biggest campaign contributer to Romney's campaign. The biggest industry for his campaign is Finance and Securities.

Just another shill for the banksters. Sorry, can't vote for this dude. Before someone points out that Obama is in the same boat, we already know that...thus the big bank bail out.

Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
Didn't seem to bother you when obama was getting oodles of cash from the same characters.

Don't even try to pretend you would vote for Romney anyway...OR that you would NOT vote for obama regardless of whether he was racking in the cash from the same entities.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Looks like Goldman Sachs is the biggest campaign contributer to Romney's campaign. The biggest industry for his campaign is Finance and Securities.

Just another shill for the banksters. Sorry, can't vote for this dude. Before someone points out that Obama is in the same boat, we already know that...thus the big bank bail out.

Top Contributors to Mitt Romney | OpenSecrets
It makes sense since most of the obama contributors from GS are employed by the White House now.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:12 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Didn't seem to bother you when obama was getting oodles of cash from the same characters.

Don't even try to pretend you would vote for Romney anyway...OR that you would NOT vote for obama regardless of whether he was racking in the cash from the same entities.
Sure it did and does. You need to take your blinders off and realize there is not a one size fits all liberal.

There are a lot of liberals that would vote for Paul. I can't think of any that would vote for Romney including myself

Old 10-03-2011, 07:21 AM

121 posts, read 133,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I can't believe how naive some of you are. Who do you think is contributing all of these milions of dollars to these candidates. I guess you thought it was the $25.00 donations that just really added up...lol.

I just hope Romney or Perry or whoever the banks are meeting with can convince them to start loaning some money again and get this country moving economically. I don't think some of you realize that banks are not loaning money right now, which means builders aren't building houses that people can't buy. Until that starts happening again, the economy stays in the toilet. Small businesses have no operating credit right now either, which is why they can't hire anyone. Don't any of you understand that the meetings with the banks might have something to do with all of this also. Whoever gets the nomination, if they win the election, has a monumental task of the economy to deal with. I doubt they want to live down to their predecessor's record of doing nothing but making it worse.
The solution to our economic woes is NOT to get the banks loaning again so people can pile on more personal debt. But then again I would't expect a realtor to say anything else.

We don't need to be building any more houses, period.

The solution? The people in this country AND our government need to learn to live within their means and live without debt.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmanuelGoldstein View Post
The solution to our economic woes is NOT to get the banks loaning again so people can pile on more personal debt. But then again I would't expect a realtor to say anything else.

We don't need to be building any more houses, period.

The solution? The people in this country AND our government need to learn to live within their means and live without debt.
"Hey, of course you can afford this house! No problem, we'll just get you one of these nifty "stated-income loans"!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections