Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,405,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
People like you would never have nominated Ronald Reagan so yes...I am SERIOUS! I also know all about the boy scouts controversy. It doesn't rank real high on my concerns scale.

Support who you want for the nominee. Just stop with the cheap shots at people in your own party...if you really are even a Republican???
Sniffing that all the things Romney "changed his mind" on over the years aren't that important to you personally is missing the OP's point: Romney HAS no core values. He is a total hypocrite who changes his position to suit the times and the audience.

THIS is the reason no one can stand him, why his own party is thrashing around desperately for someone, ANYONE else. Not because of Romneycare. Not because he's a Mormon. Not because his real first name is Willard . But because no one knows what the hell he really believes. They do not trust him.

If you don't think Romney's character is going be an issue in the campaign, just watch. In a cycle where the incumbant is as vulnerble as any in history, I give Romney no better than a 50-50 shot.

(BTW, I'm not a Republican )

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-05-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,383,049 times
Quote:
Is that all you've got? That is old news. Romney changed his position on abortion years ago. Try again though...lol.

So he was for it before he was against it, right?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM

357 posts, read 785,968 times
What is wrong with changing your mind on such a highly debated issue like abortion? Humans are not robots.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,031 times
Quote:
People like you would never have nominated Ronald Reagan so yes...I am SERIOUS! I also know all about the boy scouts controversy. It doesn't rank real high on my concerns scale.

Support who you want for the nominee. Just stop with the cheap shots at people in your own party...if you really are even a Republican???

That's what I love about you "new R's." You've turned the "big tent" party into something about the size of an umbrella in a fizzy drink.

I'm voting for Huntsman. I'm doing more than voting--my family will be actively working for him as hard as we can. He's a smart, practical, reasonable guy, and you know EXACTLY where he stands. That said, because of the far end of the base, he has a just about zero chance of winning the primary. I have no idea what we'll be doing in the general, but it won't be voting for Romney.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,023,040 times
Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin. Their goals and policies are largely the same.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
For those of you who are so sure that Romney's going to be able to fire up the far right end of base and turn out the numbers to beat Obama...watch this. Just wait until it's plastered all over the news. It will be.

The Real Romney? - YouTube
another example of what one can do with YouTube: this is many years ago, plus who ever said it would be a slam dunk???

Nita

Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,319,733 times
His first name is Willard?

Somehow, I can't wait to see a Vote for Willard bumper sticker. I wonder, will the partisian hacks start referring to him as Willard like they call Obama, Barry Hussein?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
another example of what one can do with YouTube: this is many years ago, plus who ever said it would be a slam dunk???

Nita
You can't blame you-tube. It's his record and he has to be able to explain why he's flip flopped on so many values issues. You-tube just makes it a whole lot harder for him to say "I was misquoted."

Old 10-04-2011, 11:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Sniffing that all the things Romney "changed his mind" on over the years aren't that important to you personally is missing the OP's point: Romney HAS no core values. He is a total hypocrite who changes his position to suit the times and the audience.

THIS is the reason no one can stand his ass, why his own party is thrashing around desperately for someone, ANYONE else. Not because of Romneycare. Not because he's a Mormon. Not because his real first name is Willard . But because no one knows what the hell he really believes. They do not trust him.

If you don't think Romney's character is going be an issue in the campaign, just watch. In a cycle where the incumbant is as vulnerble as any in history, I give Romney no better than a 50-50 shot.

(BTW, I'm not a Republican )

That would explain his being the frontrunner and all...lol. I have heard or read nothing disdainful about Romney's character actually.

Keep trying though, you look desperate.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's what I love about you "new R's." You've turned the "big tent" party into something about the size of an umbrella in a fizzy drink.

I'm voting for Huntsman. I'm doing more than voting--my family will be actively working for him as hard as we can. He's a smart, practical, reasonable guy, and you know EXACTLY where he stands. That said, because of the far end of the base, he has a just about zero chance of winning the primary. I have no idea what we'll be doing in the general, but it won't be voting for Romney.

I don't know who you are calling a "new R"...lol. I have been a Republican more years than you have probably been alive.

You should support who you choose, it's no big deal to me. I am not sure the Huntsman campaign needs people like you representing them, but go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections