Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,227,357 times

Advertisements

For those of you who are so sure that Romney's going to be able to fire up the far right end of base and turn out the numbers to beat Obama...watch this. Just wait until it's plastered all over the news. It will be.

The Real Romney? - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,198,266 times
Is that all you've got? That is old news. Romney changed his position on abortion years ago. Try again though...lol.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 AM

14,108 posts, read 15,144,842 times
lol @ "across the state from Worcester to Boston" thats like 1/3 of the state.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:26 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,204,054 times
I'm hoping he gets the nomination solely so we can get more of this:

Letterman Mitt - YouTube

Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,412,255 times
Not much of a surprise. Remember, Massachusetts was the only state (along with DC) to vote for the ultra-liberal McGovern in the 1972 election.

I do think Romney will have a tough time once the primaries get rolling. There are lots of conservatives who felt burned by the spending binge of 2000-2006 and want to avoid a repeat of that at all costs. It is likely that R's will have the house & senate both after 2012, just as they did after 2000. Obviously Romney's best shot is that Cain & Perry will prove so incompetent at campaigning that he'll get it by default, just as happened with McCain.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Not much of a surprise. Remember, Massachusetts was the only state (along with DC) to vote for the ultra-liberal McGovern in the 1972 election.

I do think Romney will have a tough time once the primaries get rolling. There are lots of conservatives who felt burned by the spending binge of 2000-2006 and want to avoid a repeat of that at all costs. It is likely that R's will have the house & senate both after 2012, just as they did after 2000. Obviously Romney's best shot is that Cain & Perry will prove so incompetent at campaigning that he'll get it by default, just as happened with McCain.
Did you watch the entire thing? I knew about the abortion flip flop, but the rest goes on....strongly believing that gay kids should have a right to serve in the boy scouts, strongly supporting affirmative action. I think there are some on the far end of the base who are NOT familiar with all of those stands, and they'll have a stroke when they find out. I'm a moderate, so for the most part I'm fine with his positions on those issues, but on principal I can't stand this guy--he's a flip flopper and a phoney--I think he'd say or do anything to get elected.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM

I don't think most people have a problem with gay kids being in the boy scouts. It's just not a real big issue with all that is going on in the country now...lol. This is a pathetic attempt to discredit someone.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Romney had a record of being very fiscally conservative in Massachusetts. he turned a deficit into quite a surplus in three years in that state. Making companies profitable is what he did for a living for years.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't think most people have a problem with gay kids being in the boy scouts. It's just not a real big issue with all that is going on in the country now...lol. This is a pathetic attempt to discredit someone.
You think it's pathetic to call him out for radically changing his position on major social issues (you know--his VALUES--the things you're supposed to stand for) once he figured out that they wouldn't work for him in an election? You've got to be kidding me. Are you SERIOUS?

As far as letting gay kids join the boys scouts--we have a chunk of people in our party who don't believe there is such a thing as a gay kid, because to them, homosexuality is entirely a choice, and that would imply that you would be old enough to freely make that choice. For the record, the boy scouts do not allow gay members or leaders--they've kicked out groups that did allow gay members, and it's been a huge, big, stinky controversy for them.

I don't care what the polls are saying now--I think the R's are screwed next year if this is all we've got. The far end of the base won't support him strongly, and moderates wont trust him.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You think it's pathetic to call him out for radically changing his position on major social issues (you know--his VALUES--the things you're supposed to stand for) once he figured out that they wouldn't work for him in an election? You've got to be kidding me. Are you SERIOUS?

As far as letting gay kids join the boys scouts--we have a chunk of people in our party who don't believe there is such a thing as a gay kid, because to them, homosexuality is entirely a choice, and that would imply that you would be old enough to freely make that choice. For the record, the boy scouts do not allow gay members or leaders--they've kicked out groups that did allow gay members, and it's been a huge, big, stinky controversy for them.

I don't care what the polls are saying now--I think the R's are screwed next year if this is all we've got. The far end of the base won't support him strongly, and moderates wont trust him.

People like you would never have nominated Ronald Reagan so yes...I am SERIOUS! I also know all about the boy scouts controversy. It doesn't rank real high on my concerns scale.

Support who you want for the nominee. Just stop with the cheap shots at people in your own party...if you really are even a Republican???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections