Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

You get cheating all over the place by Acorn, if the Obama campaign will be such a landslide, why do they have a need to lie and cheat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
As I noted in another post- if there's so much "cheating" going on, why isn't anything being done about it? There are state and federal agencies responsible for the voting process, and yet they can't find these illegal activities that the media can???

Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,344,103 times
I don't know anything about the so-called "cheating", but I don't think it WILL be a "landslide" - it will be close.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,727,882 times
Agree. Certainly if thousands of people are each registering to vote thousands of time, it would be very easy to substantiate. All I hear is allegations.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,958,947 times
Yup, it can't be said enough times. If you have evidence of criminal activity, contact the police. Or the FBI. Or some other law enforcement agency that can actually do something about it.

I see a lot of allegations, but since nobody thinks their "evidence" is worth handing over to the police, the obvious conclusion is that it's all a bunch of bull.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,316 times
Maybe you should ask the person that said this

Quote:
When I vote 1000 times myself it will balance itself out.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/5613194-post10.html

Maybe he will weigh in on how he plans to commit his voter fraud and cheating.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yup, it can't be said enough times. If you have evidence of criminal activity, contact the police. Or the FBI. Or some other law enforcement agency that can actually do something about it.

I see a lot of allegations, but since nobody thinks their "evidence" is worth handing over to the police, the obvious conclusion is that it's all a bunch of bull.
Drink enough Kool Aid?

ACORN Office Raided in Fraud Probe

Did you miss all of the raidings by the FBI?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
As I noted in another post- if there's so much "cheating" going on, why isn't anything being done about it? There are state and federal agencies responsible for the voting process, and yet they can't find these illegal activities that the media can???
ACORN Office Raided in Fraud Probe

They have raided NUMEROUS offices now for illegal activities.. Things are being done about it..

Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You get cheating all over the place by Acorn, if the Obama campaign will be such a landslide, why do they have a need to lie and cheat?
Why indeed?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/us...us&oref=slogin

"The six swing states seem to be in violation of federal law in two ways. Michigan and Colorado are removing voters from the rolls within 90 days of a federal election, which is not allowed except when voters die, notify the authorities that they have moved out of state, or have been declared unfit to vote.

Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio seem to be improperly using Social Security data to verify registration applications for new voters. In addition to the six swing states, three more states appear to be violating federal law. Alabama and Georgia seem to be improperly using Social Security information to screen registration applications from new voters. And Louisiana appears to have removed thousands of voters after the federal deadline for taking such action. Under federal law, election officials are supposed to use the Social Security database to check a registration application only as a last resort, if no record of the applicant is found on state databases, like those for driver’s licenses or identification cards. The requirement exists because using the federal database is less reliable than the state lists, and is more likely to incorrectly flag applications as invalid. Many state officials seem to be using the Social Security lists first.

In three states — Colorado, Louisiana and Michigan — the number of people purged from the election rolls since Aug. 1 far exceeds the number who may have died or relocated during that period. "

More tactics to stop legitimate registered voters from voting on election day. This is likely to happen to THOUSANDS of Americans and apparently this will be the "big issue" of this election.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM

939 posts, read 2,381,526 times
I'm sure that voter fraud happens in every single election, even though it shouldn't. Again, for all of these people witnessing voter fraud, do something about it. I don't want any president who wins by illegal means that were propagated by his campaign or condoned by him, no one should.

However, my pessimistic theory (with admittedly no facts to back it up) is the allegations are occurring with more force and frequency so the right wing of the Republican party can delegitimize the result before the potential democrat POTUS ever takes office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections