Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,130,106 times

Advertisements

Chris Christie makes it clear, he will not be entering the presidential campaign.

It's vintage Chris Christie as he passes on White House run - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 05:43 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,901,975 times
There's like 2 other threads about this?

Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM

812 posts, read 596,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Chris Christie makes it clear, he will not be entering the presidential campaign.

Oh no..no loud mouth Jersey rhinos for us this time. We want a real black man for President! No more halfassed anything for us!

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,869,839 times
Quote:

Newsflash, he's announced this about 3000 times already but liberal idiots don't pay attention.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times
Quote:

I certainly woudn't call that biting the dust...

Nita

Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,687,854 times
I think Christie is a very smart man. He knows the repubs are going to lose in 2012 and wants to save his bullets. He knows he can get more political mileage as Gov. Of New Jersey. In his statement to the press today, he said that he's "not ruling out any job opportunities in the future."

Old 10-05-2011, 07:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,023,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think Christie is a very smart man. He knows the repubs are going to lose in 2012 and wants to save his bullets. He knows he can get more political mileage as Gov. Of New Jersey. In his statement to the press today, he said that he's "not ruling out any job opportunities in the future."
I am more inclined to think there were other reasons not to run; namely his family was totally against his running and he has been saying for almost a year, he wanted more experience as governor before deciding if he would try at the Presidency..Four years can change a lot of things regardless as to who is elected in 2012. I can think of a half dozen good, young Republicans that could be ready. Of course 3 years ago all eyes were on Jindal for 2012, he just didn't materialize. Again, part of this has to do with family and part has to do with other things.

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,224,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am more inclined to think there were other reasons not to run; namely his family was totally against his running and he has been saying for almost a year, he wanted more experience as governor before deciding if he would try at the Presidency..Four years can change a lot of things regardless as to who is elected in 2012. I can think of a half dozen good, young Republicans that could be ready. Of course 3 years ago all eyes were on Jindal for 2012, he just didn't materialize. Again, part of this has to do with family and part has to do with other things.

Nita
I agree with you that I think he'll run in the future. I think his considerations were partly family, but the truth is that he wasn't ready organizationally either. Running a national campaign is rough, and I'm betting he was also being advised to hold off 4 years--better to run when you've got the structure in place to be a real threat organizationally vs. trying to play catch up in terms of staff and money. It would hurt him more to run and fail now than to wait to run successfully in the future.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,083,102 times
By delaying running, as a politician, he'll have more time to develop responses to what some conservatives would consider negatives. Immigration, right to life are two that come to mind. If he is as smart a politician, as he appears to be, then he will use this time to repackage himself, and build an organization. He also can build a lot of chits in the next few years too.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,130,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I certainly woudn't call that biting the dust...

Nita
Christie didn't bite the dust, but rather the hope for a knighting shiny Republican rectitude riding on his golden steed to rescue the people's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections