Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Whats with this guy? with the GOP's dismal lineup for potential presidential candidates this guy is basically getting the leadership handed to him and he dont want it?
I think he's got some skeletons in his closet he doesnt want found out or he's a fat slob who's too lazy to pull presidential duty..
The comment about his not wanting to pull presidentual duty could probably been left unsaid. If you have paid much attention to what he has said, it is obvious: his family comes first and he just doesn't have the desire right now, plus he has only been a governor 2 years. Now, I agree he turned down, what could have been a golden opportunity..maybe he is too liberal though. Our family, mostly to the right of me (especially the men) all say they would have trouble supporting him because of his stand on gun control and global warming.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
nmnita, Arkansas is NOT a swing state, so quite frankly, if you lived in Colorado and said that, it would be meaningful, but not so in a completely red state.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,471,344 times
Christie might be a fat ass(I apologize for the crass language, but he is what he is); but come debate time, he'd light up Obama. Another cool thing about Christie is he won't cave in to the wingnuts as well. I'm not sure how Christie would fare with the Southern wing of the party though, he has a history of being socially moderate(I myself think he'll be too soft on illegal immigration).

Aside from his weight, the only things I think he'll catch flak for outside of policy positions are some questionably high salaries to some of his appointees and the fact that taking a state helocopter to his son's baseball game was brazenly arrogant.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
nmnita, Arkansas is NOT a swing state, so quite frankly, if you lived in Colorado and said that, it would be meaningful, but not so in a completely red state.
I have spent most of my life in states that were certainly swing states, so I am not referring to what is or isn't in AR. I have lived most of my life in CA, VA, TX and NM.

Nita

Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Christie might be a fat ass(I apologize for the crass language, but he is what he is); but come debate time, he'd light up Obama. Another cool thing about Christie is he won't cave in to the wingnuts as well. I'm not sure how Christie would fare with the Southern wing of the party though, he has a history of being socially moderate(I myself think he'll be too soft on illegal immigration).

Aside from his weight, the only things I think he'll catch flak for outside of policy positions are some questionably high salaries to some of his appointees and the fact that taking a state helocopter to his son's baseball game was brazenly arrogant.
It wouldn't surprise me if he gets the gastric bypass operation, loses a dramatic amount of weight & becomes a serious contender in 2016, after completing a full term as governor. Shades of "the biggest loser," hyping the before/after photos, etc. That would make him the new American hero, overcoming obesity. People love that stuff!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:56 PM

"I have lived most of my life in CA, VA, TX and NM. "

CA and TX are not swing states; VA has become one as Northern and Southern VA are in conflict, North will win due to pop growth. NM is a swing state. That means with Ark, you have lived in 2 swing states, 3 non-swing states. By electoral count, massively non-swing since CA and TX swamp the others in that regard.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"I have lived most of my life in CA, VA, TX and NM. "

CA and TX are not swing states; VA has become one as Northern and Southern VA are in conflict, North will win due to pop growth. NM is a swing state. That means with Ark, you have lived in 2 swing states, 3 non-swing states. By electoral count, massively non-swing since CA and TX swamp the others in that regard.
what are you trying to prove? BTW when we lived in VA it was very much a swing state and yes, I am aware CA isn't. I am still not quite sure what your point is?

Nita

Old 10-10-2011, 11:50 AM

My point is you have lived in a mix of states, but collectively, their electoral votes are far less swing than static.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
The NY/DC urban elitist Republican establishment tried to get him to run. That means I wouldn't vote for him if he ran in 2012.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:18 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Whats with this guy? with the GOP's dismal lineup for potential presidential candidates this guy is basically getting the leadership handed to him and he dont want it?
I think he's got some skeletons in his closet he doesnt want found out or he's a fat slob who's too lazy to pull presidential duty..
He was elected in NJ. Any skeletons would have shown themselves by now and as far as his weight, I never knew any president to make a national decision using his color, weight, penis. What are you afraid of, he's going to ban tofu?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections