Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--anyone can run, so I don't see how that makes the R's desperate either. It's only going to be desperate if the establishment R's start throwing money at him and treat him like a viable candidate. I don't see that happening, but I could be really wrong.
I agree. Let Joe run if he wants. If he's up to snuff, he will get the same shot as any other person who wants the job. If he's just trying to get his face in the papers again, folks will figure that out soon enough.

Personally, I think he's just another fame junkie, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 07:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I agree. Let Joe run if he wants. If he's up to snuff, he will get the same shot as any other person who wants the job. If he's just trying to get his face in the papers again, folks will figure that out soon enough.

Personally, I think he's just another fame junkie, but that's just me.
Or just someone sick of the way politicians are clogging the system........no pun intend!!

People are fed with the people in charge, if we want real change we need to scrabble up congress.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:03 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Is this a great country or what?

"Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, more commonly known as "Joe The Plumber," filed a statement of candidacy to run in Ohio's Ninth District Thursday, according to the Federal Election Commission website"

'Joe The Plumber' To Run For Congress
Good for him !!!!! It's great to see someone besides some damn lawyer running for public office. He's a great man that stood up to Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer in no uncertain terms. We need more articulate 'American' heros like him in office. I certainly hope he wins.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
I wouldn't be surprised if our executive branch looks like this in a few years from now.

Joe the Plumber - President
Jack the Janitor - VP
Tom the Lumberjack - Secretary of State
Dick the Carpenter - Secretary of the Treasury
Harry the Hairdresser - Secretary of Defense

We really have come a long way in appointing educated and qualified people to the cabinet.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I like Barney Frank. You have a point with Franken though.
We agreed on something........... care to share your reason for liking Barney Frank?

Old 10-14-2011, 02:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if our executive branch looks like this in a few years from now.

Joe the Plumber - President
Jack the Janitor - VP
Tom the Lumberjack - Secretary of State
Dick the Carpenter - Secretary of the Treasury
Harry the Hairdresser - Secretary of Defense

We really have come a long way in appointing educated and qualified people to the cabinet.
The sad thing is that all of those folks have more experience in the real world than Barack Obama.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who is getting desparate? Because someone chooses to run for office it means someone (whomever they are) is getting desparate? I always thought when you used the word "they" you needed to explain who "they" are? As long as he meets the requirements he has every right to run.

Nita
I never said he didn't have right to run. I normally agree that the "They" should be explained as to who "they" are but I would think since Joe the plumber was thought up and picked by McCain that the "they" would so obviously be Republican Politicians who would even consider him. Before anyone jumps to conclusions I am not saying all Republicans would back him but lets be honest here the Republicans were desperate to use him for their slogan in the first place and would be desperate to pick (nominate) this guy now. Actually IMO any party that would back him in the race would be desperate. He's just an average guy with no experience in politics. He was nothing more than a dumbass slogan for McCain. I just can't see how any party could dare choose this guy and not appear desperate. Hell Sarah Palin and Obama have more experience than this guy.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 10-14-2011 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
I never said he didn't have right to run. I normally agree that the "They" should be explained as to who "they" are but I would think since Joe the plumber was thought up and picked by McCain that the "they" would so obviously be Republican Politicians who would even consider him. Before anyone jumps to conclusions I am not saying all Republicans would back him but lets be honest here the Republicans were desperate to use him for their slogan in the first place and would be desperate to pick (nominate) this guy now. Actually IMO any party that would back him in the race would be desperate. He's just an average guy with no experience in politics. He was nothing more than a dumbass slogan for McCain. I just can't see how any party could dare choose this guy and not appear desperate. Hell Sarah Palin and Obama have more experience than this guy.
The left voted in Al Franken what did he know about politics. Not saying this Joe knows his stuff. Maybe, he has more smarts than you or I know. Al Franken, was from Saturday Night Live a writer and an actor, whats the difference?? Is a plumbler, dumber, than an actor??

Old 10-15-2011, 06:06 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The left voted in Al Franken what did he know about politics. Not saying this Joe knows his stuff. Maybe, he has more smarts than you or I know. Al Franken, was from Saturday Night Live a writer and an actor, whats the difference?? Is a plumbler, dumber, than an actor??
It's possible he could be smarter than anyone would think. It's not that I think he's dumb or dumber it's just that I think at least some experience with how to handle politics helps. He has to have that IMO or he will sink like a stone. Knowing the politics in Government helps to stay alive in all the BS, and when it comes to making deals. They have to know how to be very good at negotiating. I just don't see a plumber having that much experience let alone the knowledge necessary to be a United States President. If the United States gets attacked again will this man with all his plumbing experience and customer satisfaction experience know what to do? what strategies to take to protect this Country. I know, I know we haven't exactly had the best so far. Maybe it's time to choose a blue collar worker over the educated who knows he might surprise us if he were to run and get elected but then since he is being considered then why not pick Palin.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Al Franken didn't actually win that election. The Democrats in Minnesota perpetuated fraud on a massive scale and then stole the election with liberal state judges.

Minnesota has more convictions for election fraud arising from the 2008 election (in which Franken "won") than any other state in the union.

Is there any doubt as to why Democrats oppose Voter ID laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections