Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

Quote by LauraC
I'm telling you, the NY/DC urban Republican media elite are just as bad as the lefties in telling us our candidates are not electable unless it's their chosen candidate. Since Romney is like their 5th choice in princesses (after all of their other choices said "no") to take to the ball, they are all coming out of the woodwork for him now after looking the other way when their Number 1 picks were still on the table. I thought I'd puke when Ann Coulter announced she was for Romney all the way on Hannity's show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It just proves BOTH parties are as corrupt as hell!!

I also saw Coulter with that phony fraud Hannity. She wants a Romney/Cain ticket. I guarantee you...Romney is not only too un-trustworthy (liberal past-Romneycare, etc.)...but the 'Morman issue' is foremost on the minds of milllions of conservative Christians. A black man (a democrat also) may have gotten a 'pass' about his Faith, (and Jeremiah Wright)...but a White man (who's running as a Republican) won't get a 'pass!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
This is weird, because the WSJ and Fox News are owned by Rupert Murdoch. Didn't everybody get the memo? Support the same guy?

Yes, I know. Both Fox and the WSJ have not been in favor of Romney. This was just one person from the WSJ that supports Romney. Dorothy Rabinowitz is a Pulizter Prize winning, conservative journalist who is representative of what the Republican party used to be before all of the fringe lunatics overtook it. There are some people who do support Romney as hard as that is for some to believe.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
There's nothing to misrepresent. Romney signed off on a permanent "assault weapons" ban that prevented law abiding citizens from possessing an entire class of firearms based on nothing other than their appearance.

The Clinton ban, bad as it was at least had a sunset provision. It is no longer in effect, and with good reason. FBI statistics showed it had no demonstrable effect in reducing crime. Romney's ban has no such sunset provision.

Romney also lied about being a "lifelong hunter" and NRA member. His Democrat opponent in the last Massachusetts Governor's race actually had a better NRA rating and track record with regard to supporting gun rights than he did.

If there is any misrepresentation occurring it's coming from you. You insist on trying to portray this RINO as something other than he is.

He (and you, based on your defense of his actions) may well call yourselves Republican. That just goes to show an R after your name in no way makes you a conservative.

The ban that Romney signed was approved and worked on by progun advocates. I am not sure why you think people need to own AK-47's, UZI's or MAC-10 rifles. More than likely they are not going to use them for good purposes or sport.

For your misinformed information, I am a true Repubublican as of the Republican party before it got hijacked by the lunatic fringe that has distorted it into something so narrow and ridiculous, nobody fits into it anymore.

I am part of the Republican party my grandfather and my husband's grandfather and their fathers before them were part of and served in. They would all rollover in their graves to see what has been done to the party they were proud to represent in their day.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:38 PM

Republicans are NO different than Democrats. The whole 'party system' is corrupt. Helllllllooooooooooo! WAKE UP!!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Exactly. That term is stupid. If you don't support every semi-crazy candidate with questionable intelligence that the GOP throws up you're a "Marxist." If you don't support Palin you're a "RINO" if you don't support Bachmann you're a "RINO" if you don't support Herman Cain you're a "RINO" etc etc.

I am going to come up with my own acronym for true Republicans that have more than a GED, don't care what religion you are, don't get all of their political insight from Rush Limbaugh and Hannity, and don't have some sort of chip on their shoulder.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Republicans are NO different than Democrats. The whole 'party system' is corrupt. Helllllllooooooooooo! WAKE UP!!
That is what I have been saying for a long time.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Correct, dixiegirl, calling the radical elements of the TP children is actuallly quite condescending....to the children.

Had the GOP supported McCain more, he would have lost as independents far left of TP call the shots via swing states, but in backing JM more, Al 60th Obamacare Vote Franken LOSES, and Obamacare does not reach the Senate floor for an up-down vote. So if the TP loves their Obamacare, they should, they were the KEY piece of the pie, w/o the name recognition, but by staying home.

1,000 more GOP votes in MN, and AF still lists comedian on his Tax form for occupation..not Senator.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by quality guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
That is what I have been saying for a long time.

Well, pal...you're not as 'drunk' as some on here...who 'think' they're sober, are ya?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The ban that Romney signed was approved and worked on by progun advocates. I am not sure why you think people need to own AK-47's, UZI's or MAC-10 rifles. More than likely they are not going to use them for good purposes or sport.

For your misinformed information, I am a true Repubublican as of the Republican party before it got hijacked by the lunatic fringe that has distorted it into something so narrow and ridiculous, nobody fits into it anymore.

I am part of the Republican party my grandfather and my husband's grandfather and their fathers before them were part of and served in. They would all rollover in their graves to see what has been done to the party they were proud to represent in their day.
The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with sport. No such thing as a 'MAC-10 rifle.' Don't you think you should know these things before you undertake to impose your rules?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

As I said in the earlier thread in which you were objecting to people owning rifles based on their appearance; Neither you nor Romney are or should be the final arbiter of what should and should not be owned.

As far as your claim that those of us that own such rifles are not likely to use them for any good purposes or sport that is utter nonsense. There are scores of readily accessible statistics that refute your claims. As I said earlier in this thread (and you not surprisingly ignored) FBI statistics during the Clinton ban show that restricting access to these firearms does not reduce crime.

Additionally, the Second Amendment does not require firearms to have a sporting purpose. The sporting purpose nonsense is a tactic instituted by the anti-gun crowd to throw yet another road block in the way of law abiding citizens.

Regarding your claim about Romney's ban being approved by pro-gun organizations that is an outright lie. Romney claimed to have an NRA endorsement during his gubernatorial campaign but in reality the NRA declined to endorse either candidate.

The following excerpt is taken from the Gun Owners of America website;
Quote:
Today, Romney may be a favorite “Republican Establishment” candidate of the national press corps. But that is exactly what gun owners DON’T need in a new President. We need someone who will stand by true constitutional principles and protect the Second Amendment
The remainder of the GOA position on Romney is available here; Mitt Romney - Gun Owners Of America There is a great deal more information available on Romney's deceit and lack of principle here; Skeleton Closet - Mitt Romney, The Dark Side

About the only part of your post I can agree with is that your ancestors would be turning over in their graves if they saw what the Republican party of today had become. However, if they were truly conservative I doubt they'd be nearly as distressed by the current efforts to bring the party back in line with conservative principles as they would with the many self proclaimed conservatives that have long since abandoned Constitutional principles in favor of political expediency and an ever growing government.

You'll have to pardon me if I can no longer take your political commentary seriously. Pseudo-conservatives are one of many reasons I left the Republican party years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections