Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times

Advertisements

Somehow I don't think this will affect Cain. So far he has made such a long string of gaffes and displays of lack of knowledge that anyone else in his place would have been out of the race by now. But somehow his supporters seem to be blindly supporting him in spite of all this. This sexual allegation and the allegation of his campaign taking money from a non-profit are both not going to affect them. It's indeed a mystery to me why his supporters are so brainwashed, but I will certainly give Cain credit for keeping them captivated with his speaking capabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And after he lied about knowing anything about a lawsuit, you believe his version of what happened?

He thinks the woman in question is restrained from making any public statements, but there are many ways to get around that. If I was that woman, listening to his lies, I'd be looking into ways to defend myself. Heck, all she has to lose is the $35,000 she got to leave the company.
you don't know the whole story and neither do I, for now, I choose to believe this is totally prefabed to get him out of the way...and I do know how utterly greedy some people can be, to the point of blackmail and law suits that are not warrented...he didn't lie...did you bounce around the question when they asked him about it, yes...he did...

and by the way, the one women, in case you didn't read my post, sued him b/c he said, "your the exact height my wife is"....while he took his hand and placed it under his chin to show her...he didn't touch her, and it wasn't any more then that, and the bum sued him...

as I said before, you are so unaware at how many people do this to make money,a nd they're living on welfare...maybe she didn't like his comments about how no one should be living on welfare all of they're lives, and they're is no reason why they shouldn't get out there and work...well, if the shoe fits...

I knew this was going to happen, if the man was a credible threat to them...all they do during they're entire campaigns is spend money on TV commercials, that deface everyone else's campaign, but Cain, doesn't do that, what he does is tell it like it is up front and doesn't care if it's unpopular or not...it's what he believes and this guy will not be a puppet, so they defaced him, b/c nothing else worked...that speaks volumns to me, of how they must seriously fear him and his proposals about what he intends to do...how many other candidates have spoken up and said, "Ok guys, I'm going to do this or that"...no, they pansy foot around attacking all the other candidates b/c they are patseys to the rich, bought by the rich and paid for by the rich...or the WTO.

Cain, is not, Cain is another JFK, and they don't like it one bit. And yanno what, now I'm really going to vote for the guy, cuz this tells me, out right, how he refuses to play THEIR game.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
These women were given low cost go away money. Just going to court starts at $65,000. So many times companies and insurance companies figure which is less and pay it.
That by the way is why doctor's liability insurance is 200k a year and why we have such high insurance premiums.
Now how do you prove or disprove what these two women said?
Was there a police report?

Most of these kinds of things are highly subjective and about the impression of the person offended.
Maybe the one woman was self conscious about her height when he said she was as tall as his wife.
Maybe the two had a screw loose.

Usually if people are predators it is a serial problem and so far we don't see the Tiger Woods long line of offended people.
I was the victim of sexual harrassment. I knew that if I complained to my HR department about it, I would be the one shown the door, not my boss. What you call 'low cost' settlements was an entire year's pay for the one woman we know about. If my company offered me that, I would have taken it, knowing I would lose in court. That doesn't make the psychological pain I suffered through any less than someone who successfully sues for millions of dollars. I weighed my options; I told my boss a few times that I did not want his attentions and considered it harrassment. Eventually, he stopped, but turned a little evil toward me afterward.

Being a single mother back then, I had children and living expenses to consider. I stayed at my job and eventually 'out-lived' him, metaphorically speaking; he retired. I'm still working at the same place because they pay very well.

BTW, he denied doing anything when I confronted him; manipulators know how to lie very well.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:30 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,962,643 times
Cain got played hard by his own party. They knew his campaign isn't savvy enough to properly handle the situation and he has truly fumbled with this. The projection aspect of throwing your own guy under the bus and then blaming on "the left" this is a classic Rove move.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Lot of folks live off frivolous lawsuits. This happened twenty years ago and now is brought up when Cain just happens to be gaining ground in the polls?? Nah not a coinkydink at all. LOL.

Anything can be construed as harrassment. Hell a woman wears a lowcut top and your eyes "wander" and walla your a pervert. Means your human. Wonder if Cain was smoking a ceegar back then?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
robbobobbo If that were true, why would the woman be asking her lawyer if she can be released from the NDA and speak to the media? To say, "Yes, Herman Cain is right, he compared my height to his wife's and I found that offensive"? If she didn't disagree with his account, or the incident would be viewed as trivial, she wouldn't bother.
Seriously????? You have got to be kidding....You mean to tell me, comparing his wife's height to hers is offensive... Seriously...and polize, don't bring the NDA into this, Cain is a man, a human being...an American...that's it...period...

And as far as the woman asking her lawyer...sheesh, that is what the media is reporting...do you actually believe everything the media says...I mean, money buys anything...you don't think for one moment someone isn't funding this slander?

Yeah, it's also reported...and JFK had an affair with Maryln Monroe, so what? Was it true, only people that know is them and they're God...what concerns me, is, that I knew this was going to happen if Cain was a threat to them, and it did...and I don't believe one word of it...it's all prefabracated to get him out of the race, and possibly by his own party...

but someone fears him...that speaks volumns to me...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,334,468 times
Cain's using the race card all but proves the allegations against him are true. He's using a page from the Joseph Goebbels playbook: tell lies often enough and people begin to believe them.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I was the victim of sexual harrassment. I knew that if I complained to my HR department about it, I would be the one shown the door, not my boss. What you call 'low cost' settlements was an entire year's pay for the one woman we know about. If my company offered me that, I would have taken it, knowing I would lose in court. That doesn't make the psychological pain I suffered through any less than someone who successfully sues for millions of dollars. I weighed my options; I told my boss a few times that I did not want his attentions and considered it harrassment. Eventually, he stopped, but turned a little evil toward me afterward.

Being a single mother back then, I had children and living expenses to consider. I stayed at my job and eventually 'out-lived' him, metaphorically speaking; he retired. I'm still working at the same place because they pay very well.

BTW, he denied doing anything when I confronted him; manipulators know how to lie very well.
Shoulda worn a wire and then you would have a court case. Like the previous poster said he said/she said is all many have to go on in these situations. There is harassment then there are those who "play the game". The game players make it worse for all.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
At this point, I think the way he's handled it has hurt him more than anything. As far as the allegations go--it depends on what comes out in the next few weeks. If it's bad, he's done.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Lot of folks live off frivolous lawsuits. This happened twenty years ago and now is brought up when Cain just happens to be gaining ground in the polls?? Nah not a coinkydink at all. LOL.

Anything can be construed as harrassment. Hell a woman wears a lowcut top and your eyes "wander" and walla your a pervert. Means your human. Wonder if Cain was smoking a ceegar back then?

Yup, your right, just when he was gaining grounds, how come it didn't come out a long time ago? It was indeed prefabed, and they'd actually pay a women to come forward...believe me, Cain means to try his best to turn this country around financially and he refuses to be a puppet, and they fear the hell outa that....sio guess what, that seals it for me, I'm voting for this guy...can't be any worse then any other puppet in Washington...he turned a company around, I mean, just look at his background, he's accomplished more then most of us ever accomplish in our life times....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections