Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 03:36 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,025,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But she's NOT speaking out. So I'm assuming she was lying at the time, and her story won't hold up to scrutiny. Cain did NOT break the agreement, because he never signed it. Graduating from an Ivy League school does NOT mean you are now in the boardroom.

You libs will stoop to nothing, will you. Nothing but innuendos and lies, but you've decided that Cain is guilty as charged, in spite of telling his side which indicates otherwise. But you believe an woman that won't be subjected to questioning, based on rumors.

The only one's blaming the victim are the libs. Because Cain is clearly the victim here.

She has a lawyer who's appealing to the National Restaurant Association to release her from the non-disclosure confidentiality agreement that was made at the time. Mr. Cain has denied that he broke the confidentiality agreement, which he'd hardly state if he'd never been party to one. Cain didn't blame liberals, he pointed his finger at the Perry campaign. A Republican pollster has stated that he witnessed Cain sexually harassing the woman in question:

Breitbart.tv » Audio: Political Consultant Claims He Witnessed Cain

BTW, my post clearly states that the victim could have been in the boardroom, not that she was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:33 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,334,901 times
I'd vote for any canidate who could put 10 million Americans back to work, I wouldn't cared if they smoked 5 packs a day, and drank vodka...if they could co-operate up on the hill, and get stuff done, i'd vote for them...

both Dem, Rep, Christians, gay people, vets, and more are unemployed right now...and would all benefit from a leader who could get the ball rolling...

If Herman Cains that man...than so be it...if Micheal Backmans that women, than so be it...if Obama's that man...than so be it...if Ron Paul is that man, than so be it...

But what we need is effective economist up there...not ideologs...ideologs just become lame ducks, cause no one will vote on anything they pass...the current President is learning that...

Herman Cain has proven he can turn businesses around...but he hasn't prooven he can get along with people of different political persuasion...and that's what makes one an effect President...

And on a side note, it's been rumored that these leaks were done by other Rep canidates, not Democrats...politics is dirty...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,750,805 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right!!!!
Anyway whats the difference from playing crab ass at the office and hanging out with copkilling weather underground guys???

Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,334,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right!!!!
Anyway whats the difference from playing crab ass at the office and hanging out with copkilling weather underground guys???
Could care the less, as long as they could fix the economy....

Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,276,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But she's NOT speaking out. So I'm assuming she was lying at the time, and her story won't hold up to scrutiny.
Let's see....a few days ago, when this story first broke, you RWNJ's were accusing the woman (or women) of wanting a big pay day, a book deal, and/or their fifteen minutes of fame. Now, when it turns out that at least one of the women has decided not to speak, it's because she is "lying?"

You all really want it both ways, don't you?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,910,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
She has a lawyer who's appealing to the National Restaurant Association to release her from the non-disclosure confidentiality agreement that was made at the time. Mr. Cain has denied that he broke the confidentiality agreement, which he'd hardly state if he'd never been party to one. Cain didn't blame liberals, he pointed his finger at the Perry campaign. A Republican pollster has stated that he witnessed Cain sexually harassing the woman in question:
You really need to keep up with the news..! The National Restaurant Association gave that release to her Friday, and she refuses to make any comment now that she has been released..
Now what???

Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,816,518 times
Cain's favorability drops after sex accusations: poll | Reuters

Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM

2,627 posts, read 3,162,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, you must have taken it personal, or you wouldn't be posting this...listen, I know it's a sensitive subject, like I said, and explained, I to was sexually harrassed...however, there are a whole lot of women out there who claim this to make a buck.

Your case is not what we were referring to...and I'm sorry you have been made to go thru this...if someone asks you why you left a job, you could always answer, "it was a personal matter that you choose not to discuss"....

I work for a corporation, a huge one, and you can't imagine all the law suits we've had...more that were from women trying to make a buck...I even had a neighbor years ago, that was known by all the stores in the community, b/c she would fake falling and then sue them...

so, like I said before, it works both ways, but no one was attacking valid harrassments....we women stick together on that...however, what we were joking about had nothing to do with women who were legitimentally violated...and by the way....I was also sexually abused by an uncle as a kid...and I refuse to let it ruin my life, so I joke about that to...I won't allow the bad moments in my life to dictate who I am.
Ladies, I'm with you on that one. My aunt's husband was a dirty old man. None of the women in the family wanted to be alone with him. He was good about hiding it from my aunt, until he got much older & didn't cover tracks as well. I saw/heard him make inappropriate comments to my mother. I would have slugged him, but my aunt (mom's sister) was already on borrowed time with a weak heart. Any conflict could have caused her another heart attack. I would not let my daughters be alone with him at all.

Also, in any of my arguments defending Herman Cain, I don't mean to imply that harassment does not happen in the workplace. I know it does. All of us should act appropriately in the workplace & consider the impact of our words & attitudes as well.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 AM

2,627 posts, read 3,162,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
There are two women with settlements, and they didn't come forward. According to Politico, a third person who knew about the situations contacted Politico with details. Politico went digging and found the women. One refused to talk to them at all, and won't return their phone calls. The other hasn't said much, except through her lawyer. It sounds like she didn't say anything until Cain tried to paint the settlements as "termination agreements," and she was angry that he was trying to make it look like she'd done something wrong. Politico has interviewed a bunch of people who were there at the time this all supposedly happened, and at least two of them said she told them about the allegations immediately after they happened, and was visibly angry and upset. They said he propositioned her, and she felt her job was threatened. There's lots more.....these are just the highlights.

This isn't looking good for him.
Thanks for that bit of info. I stand corrected about the women coming forward. Sounds like Politico published without proof.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,311,497 times
Default Cain vows he won't answer more questions about sexual harassment claims, blames reporters

What is he hiding?

Cain vows he won't answer more questions about sexual harassment claims, blames reporters - chicagotribune.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections