Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Yes, Cain is done. His 9-9-9 plan was getting shredded to bits, when this news broke about his past indiscretions. His attempts at damage control amount to evasive answers and baseless accusations of being "lynched." He's pathetic.

He hung his reputation and suitability on being President on the 9-9-9 plan and it stunk. He represents yet another sorry GOP candidate who doesn't stand a chance against President Obama.

The GOP is currently an embarrassment as reflected in their candidates and in their failure to discredit this President.
You really need to keep up with the news..! Cain is now 10 points ahead of the next contender, and the money is pouring in..!
Telling lies about the man is doing wonders for his campaign...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The swiftboaters told the truth. I know not many lefties can handle that. I don't recall them producing fake documents the night before the election like a certain newsman did.
The very same people, some of them at least, called McCain a Traitor, amongst other things in 2000. I don't hold people in high regard that make any derogatory statements about a man's service record like they did. I do remember all the howling when people poked fun at Bush's record in the service. He wasn't the poster child for GI Joe, no doubt. But leaving that off the table would have been the best way to proceed. Whatever. The Swiftboaters came out of the woodwork again last election. I guess this time around, they'll be on the sidelines?

Every election cycle, people are forced to view the least important things about the candidates. Some just made up and fabricated, others misleading and overblown. IMO, this Cain incident pales in comparison to his real gaffes on real issues. I hope his campaign is giving him some instruction today on the global powers and what weaponry they have in their stock-holds. His general knowledge of the country and the world is woefully lacking even in a state race, let alone Presidential race.

That should be the story.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM

12 posts, read 18,530 times
Cain is the best thing for the Democrats. This guy is a total tool. He was on PBS saying his objective for china is to keep them from getting Nukes. LOL Really, dude you are only about 50 years late. The Democrats did not create this sexual harassment, it was Cain who was involved in it. Republicans do not know the first thing of how to bring minority's to the party, Ann Colter, "our blacks are better than their blacks" Really? Does this woman or man know how to phrase anything with out alienating a whole race? When Weiner had his scandal there was not enough digging into it for the right, now its something that should be buried. Do they not see how hypocritical their words are? How stupid do you have to be to be a Republican these days? This thing may be on the head lines today and it will run and more will come out, but the scandal of felony's that were broken to start the campaign of Cain are quietly moving forward. This guy is done stick a fork in him. And if the right insists on pitting him up against Obama, its a dream come true for Obama.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
i gotta agree with condi on this one.

Rice: Cain shouldn't play the "race card" - CBS News Video

Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
This is not the first time Herman Cain has cried racism. This will not be the last.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
He didn't play the race card....
he said, it could be race, it's merely speculation, he also said, there are a whole lot of GOP candidates that don't want to see him get in, and that could be race, however, he said, we have no proof, it's merely speculation.

If I were running for CEO of my company...and someone asked me the same question, I'd reply, "It could be because I'm a woman...but that is simply speculation on my part...there are people out there who do not want to see a woman in this position, b/c I 'm a woman, and there are others who want me in there, b/c I'm a woman and do not care if I'm a good candidate for the job or not...but, I have no proof for my words...just speculation...and that is exactly what Cain said....

of course there are people out there who are racists...but by God, there are more people out there who fear the man Cain.

And Rice is another puppet...period.

It's called taking his words out of context...or reading into his words what you want to hear...

Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
He didn't play the race card....
he said, it could be race, it's merely speculation, he also said, there are a whole lot of GOP candidates that don't want to see him get in, and that could be race, however, he said, we have no proof, it's merely speculation.

If I were running for CEO of my company...and someone asked me the same question, I'd reply, "It could be because I'm a woman...but that is simply speculation on my part...there are people out there who do not want to see a woman in this position, b/c I 'm a woman, and there are others who want me in there, b/c I'm a woman and do not care if I'm a good candidate for the job or not...but, I have no proof for my words...just speculation...and that is exactly what Cain said....

of course there are people out there who are racists...but by God, there are more people out there who fear the man Cain.

And Rice is another puppet...period.

It's called taking his words out of context...or reading into his words what you want to hear...
I understand what you are saying, but his own PAC is regurgitating the Clarence Thomas "high-tech lynching" defense:

Pro-Cain PAC invokes "high tech lynching" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 11-02-2011, 09:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm thinking that if this primary continues to fall completely apart, someone more high profile is going to step up to the plate at the convention and be a big surprise nominee.
But who would that be? Colin Powell wouldn't run, and Jeb Bush (who should have been the candidate instead of G.W.) can't shake the name association.
Mitch McConnell? John Boehner, Weeper of the House? Unlikely choices.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Texas avoided the great recession? That comes as news to me. Oh, while at it, how exactly did the state dig itself into a $25B financial hole?
Easy. Perry grew government jobs by a huge fraction, and made tons of minimum and near minimum wage jobs that mostly went to (illegal) immigrants. But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of the emotional GOP voter That explains your huge financial hole and the jobs that magically appeared in Texas, as a result

Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Herman Cain On Whether Race Played Role In Accusations: 'I Believe The Answer Is Yes' (VIDEO)[/quote]

No, Mr. Cain, it's not about race. It's about a male boss who harassed two female employees. You were not and are not the victim here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections