Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,490,640 times

Advertisements

Lol. This is an African American (err Black) First!
Usually, they are fed to the wolves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,209,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Lol. This is an African American (err Black) First!
Usually, they are fed to the wolves.
Clarence Thomas went from token appointment to conservative hero after the pube on the coke can incident at his confirmation hearing.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 PM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh gee...Cain was head of the National Restaurant Association at the time, and they paid the women. Such a HUGE difference.
It IS a huge difference. But coming from the side that defends this type of behavior when it's one of "their's", the fact that you see it that way is no surprise.

So the "head" of the organization is responsible? Remember that with regards to Fast and Furious.....

Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,700,880 times
Cain is going to have to redouble his efforts to s***can his candidacy. He's probably scratching his head right now wondering what he has to do so the Republican morons won't take him seriously. First he talked about how Muslims need to take a loyalty oath, then he rolled out 9-9-9, and now he's trotting out his sexual harrassment past. Still, he's ahead in the polls. What does a brother have to do to cash in on a sham candidacy?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:27 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,709 times
What polls?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times
I really hope they let that woman speak.

One thing that I wonder, though, if she were to speak without being given the "ok," what would the penalty be? Would she have to pay back the money? Or would it be a contempt of court thing?

Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,032,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
SHE was fired. Cain was NOT.
Severance pay is not necessarily "being fired." What female would willingly continue to work with someone who had behaved inappropriately with her, unless she had a limited option in terms of other jobs? Perhaps this woman chose to resign and use the severance pay to relocate and find another job.

Severance Pay

Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

One thing that I wonder, though, if she were to speak without being given the "ok," what would the penalty be? Would she have to pay back the money? Or would it be a contempt of court thing?
I could have this wrong, but here's my understanding of what's going on. There are two women who received settlements in sexual harassment cases against Cain. One got $35,000, or a years pay, and she's not talking so far. The other one wants to talk--evidently she's the one that Cain has been referring to when he's talked about the incidents. The argument her attorney is making is that Cain already violated the nondisclosure agreement (neither one can talk about the situation publicly) during his press interviews. Her lawyer has contacted the national restaurant association to make the case that they should waive the agreement and allow her to speak, since Cain has already told his side of the story in violation of the agreement.

I think her attorney is trying to work out a path for the second woman to tell her story without any negative legal repercussions. I don't know what happens if the NRA refuses and she talks anyway--I'm not an attorney.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is my theory too. I think Cain grossly underestimated the stupidity of the Republican primary voter when he decided to raise some money by having a gag candidacy -- sell a few books, have a few laughs, get a gig on Fox News. That's what I think his angle has been all along. When he realized the morons are calling his bluff and might actually nominate him, he knew he had to act fast. He decided to dig up some dirt on himself from his past and leak it to the press. How else can you account for his total incompetence in his handling of this? Surely not even Cain is this much of a buffoon?

Think about Lee Atwater and Karl Rove; do you remember how it was spread in South Carolina that McCain's adopted daughter was his "biracial love child?" This is classic Rove. If Cain had been prepared, we wouldn't have the agonizing slow drip of info and ever-changing stories.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Cain broke the agreement first; how I wish a lawyer here could explain what happens in such a case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections