Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I agree. Cain and those he sexually harassed could ask that the clause about silence be waived and then we can really get to the bottom of this, no pun intended.
They should pay the money back and revert back to the original allegations.

Of course then law steps in and then they'd have to adhere to statutes of limitations.

Neither party gets to have their cake and eat it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Loving every minute of it!

It was only a matter of time before the Repubs turned on their beloved, favorite "brotha". Now he is getting the full GOP treatment.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I know right?!?! It's just wonderful to see a prominent black man be put in his place'ish.

Cain gets to walk away from this ridiculous thing we call democracy with loads of cash still on hand.

The accuser/s will have to pay back the "year's salary."

The SOL long disappeared by over a decade so they'll have zero grounds to do anything but become the newest tabloid frontpager.

And we all still got a huge statue of an even more hypocritical "leader" put up in Washington, in the same year, to display America's utter hypocrisy for the world to see.

Isn't it just freaking grand?!?!

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-03-2011 at 09:10 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I was using hyperbole. But let's be honest, it's really hard to be a right wing politician when you have known sex scandals. The Christian right looks down upon PUBLIC philandering. This is what sunk Newt's chances of POTUS, alongside with the fact that he looks like a giant baby.

If the names of the accusers are unknown, how can the nutjobs on here claim it's some liberal/Democrat/Communist conspiracy? Maybe the women are Republicans.

You do make a good point about the Christian right disapproving of moral inconsistencies, but I don't see this getting that sort of traction. I expect this will be seen as what it really is, man-hate meets frivolous lawsuit.

FTR: I think there really was a pubic hair on Justice Thomas' Coke can. I could speculate about whose it might be, but then I would be spreading gossip.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:58 AM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe she just doesn't want the whole sordid story all over the media.
Then why did she come forward at all? Why did she wait until Cain was ahead in the primary? Why didn't she just keep her mouth shut to start with?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Er, got any proof of that? If so, please cite.

For all you who call these "allegations", do remember that a monetary settlement of $35,000 was reached in one case.
Thank YOU. So, by giving Broderick a settlement of $850,000, Clinton was proved guilty of rape?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Then why did she come forward at all? Why did she wait until Cain was ahead in the primary? Why didn't she just keep her mouth shut to start with?
There are two women with settlements, and they didn't come forward. According to Politico, a third person who knew about the situations contacted Politico with details. Politico went digging and found the women. One refused to talk to them at all, and won't return their phone calls. The other hasn't said much, except through her lawyer. It sounds like she didn't say anything until Cain tried to paint the settlements as "termination agreements," and she was angry that he was trying to make it look like she'd done something wrong. Politico has interviewed a bunch of people who were there at the time this all supposedly happened, and at least two of them said she told them about the allegations immediately after they happened, and was visibly angry and upset. They said he propositioned her, and she felt her job was threatened. There's lots more.....these are just the highlights.

This isn't looking good for him.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I agree. Cain and those he sexually harassed could ask that the clause about silence be waived and then we can really get to the bottom of this, no pun intended.
Allegedly. ALLEGEDLY. I know you libs want to shred the constitution, but we're still innocent until PROVEN guilty in this country.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

It was only a matter of time before the Repubs turned on their beloved, favorite "brotha". Now he is getting the full GOP treatment.
Quite the little racist, aren't you.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
"She" is not the one who broke this story. Politico did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections