Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Who knows? Everyone seems a bit weird in this issue. Cain personally informed his campaign manager of the "issues" back in the 2004 campaign. At the beginning of this issue cycle, he didn't know anything. He did leave the NRA shortly after the agreement was signed by whomever.

Now we have this new woman. A picture comes out of her with him not long ago at a Tea Party event. She hugged him, and whispered something in his ear. This is the same woman he stated today he does knot know her, didn't recognize her.

It would appear that memory is not his strong suit

And still, to this day, nobody has ever looked into his role and performance in business.
wow, great point!

I thought he handled the press conference today extremely well. He took their questions, was confident and presidential, denied the claims of any inpropriety, virtually daring them to putup or shut up. He put himself out there, even offering to take a polygraph. I don't want him for President, but believe he is a victim of an orchestrated smear campaign - it has democrat fingerprints all over it. This is what they do best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Politico dropped a bombshell story Sunday evening, charging that GOP presidential front-runner Herman Cain was accused of sexual harassment by two unnamed females in the late 1990s when he was CEO of the National Restaurant Association.

Coulter: Cain Allegations 'Another High-Tech Lynching
Funny how the liberal media attacked the accusers of Clinton but seem to be giving instant credibility to Cain accusers.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
[quote=Evenstar51;21632432]As to the issue of whether two of the accusers are Republicans:

Quote:
Allred, who’s been a Democratic donor, at the outset described Bialek as a registered Republican — a clear move to thwart potential criticism that the claim was politically-motivated [end quote]

Allred said...LOL, the most crooked, Corrupt Lawyer on earth...blah, blah...Blah - Yeah, it was a clear move..

In this CORRUPT Political world of deceit, LIES, fraud, plants, etc., your above claim MEANS NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:50 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,636 times
I can discount this last lady. Especially with Alldred by her side.
But the other three were all complaints filed back in the 90's, when Cain was far far from the public eye.

What really got me about Cain's statements today were two of his statements:

1 - Saying that other people may come forward but they are not true. Ummmm - how can he predetermine that what someone says is not true? OH - right - he doesn't want to consider facts.

2 - He remembers an Agreement, but not a Settlement. A Settlement has Legal Connotations, he said, in contrast to an Agreement. So an Agreement doesn't? Well, I can tell you that when I make any agreement, or when anyone makes an agreement, it DOES have legal ramifications. But not to Mr. Cain.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM

458 posts, read 777,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
http://wlsam.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=16521&ID=2329023

Now I realize ive gone back and forth on this and most recently called for Cain to step down.

Bill Kurtis who has worked at CBS, said he was getting an "earful" about this woman's history from CBS employees who knew her.

Who knows... I piled on Cain in another thread but its hard to not put myself in his shoes, if he is innocent. I dont know how you I would deal with it to an widely acceptable manner, these type of accusations. How do you prove your innocence?

Im sure more will come to light on some of this and maybe we'll learn more about the accuser.
For her to come forward after so long of silence with the type of graphic accusations just doesnt seem right to me.

I just wish it would end. Im sick of hearing about it. I want to know the truth but I dont think we'll ever know. One side would have to cave.
If this was the only accuser and his company had not paid out close to 100K in settlements I would be more apt to go along with this. But we have at least 7 different people claiming either to be harassed or witness him being out of line with women. Some are republicans some are democrats. How many more may be out there who just don't want to have their life turned upside down if they go public.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:22 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,195 times
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get†him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
From the article above:

^^^^^ That is what is disgusting. The 'family value' party defends creepy men who grope, and sexually harass women. Disgusting. These supporters are such disgusting hypocrites.

There will probably be more women who come forward. Men who behave like Cain are quite common, and this type of thing happens regularly. Already, there are four, guaranteed there will be more.
Yes there may be more and no, we do not approve of sexual harrassement if he is truely guilty of this, but as has been said, what is sexual harrassment to one may not be to everyone. As for the 4 who have come forward: #3 came forward for 1 day and has totally disappeared: #2-pretty much the same: #1, he addressed today, this could be sexual harrassment or a misunderstood comment followed by a setllement by the NRA which Cain had nothing to do with and #4- NO one in their right mind can really believe her story right now.

Nita

Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I gotta say this, the dude's got a MONUMENTAL ego befitting of a president! I haven't heard a person who's not trying to be funny refer to himself in the third person like that before.

He's got balls too. But brains???

Couple observations:

1) He must be fairly certain nobody can prove Bialek's story.

2) He'll be GLAD to take a lie detector test- but only if there's a good reason!

3) Mr Independent has no problem shoving a blathering lawyer up to the podium to warm up the audience for him.

4) The Nat Restaurant Assoc. paid two females close to $100,000 to go away... because nothing happened??? At least one them appears to be ready to come forward.

4) For the most part, I think the press corp asked pretty lame questions. So much for the liberal media.

Microwave some Orel Reddenbachers... this is gonna be good!
What type of questions would you have expected the press to ask and what would you have asked. the only mistake he made and it was a mistake was blaming the Democrat machine. At this stage he has no idea how this all started. BTW, he has one of the top attoneys in the country in case you didn't know that.
Nita

Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
If this was the only accuser and his company had not paid out close to 100K in settlements I would be more apt to go along with this. But we have at least 7 different people claiming either to be harassed or witness him being out of line with women. Some are republicans some are democrats. How many more may be out there who just don't want to have their life turned upside down if they go public.
7, where did that number come from? I don't know what is true and what is not, but I can pretty much rule out believing Bialek.

Nita

Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,889 times
[quote=Evenstar51;21631218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Then I'm happily misjudged. As the quote I copied notes, Mr. Cain could have put this matter to rest by simply being honest; that's proven to be most difficult for him as his story changes constantly. What's despicable is that Cain is emerging as a serial sexual harasser, and the GOP seems fine with that. It isn't fine; it occurs too often and is grossly underreported...because women don't want to have to deal with attacks such as these.
Yup. Pretty despicable alright. If it's a GOP, that is. Because we all know if it's a Democrat it's acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections