Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times

Advertisements

[quote=chele123;21635004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yup. Pretty despicable alright. If it's a GOP, that is. Because we all know if it's a Democrat it's acceptable.

This is behind the curve; Clinton, Weiner, Frank and others have been mentioned
quite frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 07:41 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,402 times
[quote=chele123;21635004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yup. Pretty despicable alright. If it's a GOP, that is. Because we all know if it's a Democrat it's acceptable.
No. It's a male thing, and people need to stop denying that this type of thing is quite common.

Women don't come forward most of the time because we get drug through the mud, and called stupid things like "THAT" woman. Unless it is rape (and most of those don't get reported for the same reason) stuff like what Belick (ms) is claiming is something that most of us just move on from.

I worked as a cocktail waitress and sometimes bartender in nice clubs and hotels when I was in my 20's. Women would be surprised at what their husbands pull when they are away at conferences and away for work. Of course, not all men, but many more that most will ever admit. Some guys will just try to bed you, and don't get mad when rebuked, but lots get downright angry and indignant. They are creeps.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM

[quote=Ecovlke;21635140]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post

No. It's a male thing, and people need to stop denying that this type of thing is quite common.

Women don't come forward most of the time because we get drug through the mud, and called stupid things like "THAT" woman. Unless it is rape (and most of those don't get reported for the same reason) stuff like what Belick (ms) is claiming is something that most of us just move on from.

I worked as a cocktail waitress and sometimes bartender in nice clubs and hotels when I was in my 20's. Women would be surprised at what their husbands pull when they are away at conferences and away for work. Of course, not all men, but many more that most will ever admit. Some guys will just try to bed you, and don't get mad when rebuked, but lots get downright angry and indignant. They are creeps.
The quoting is off here; I didn't post the "It's okay if it's a Dem" message. I agree with you completely; while increasing numbers of men make sexual harassment claims, the number of women and young girls who are too humiliated to report such incidents is ridiculously high, for exactly the reasons that you mention. As I nurse, I certainly witnessed the behavior that you're describing. By then I was old enough to handle the offenders, but I did suffer from a groping teacher as a freshman in high school. It was frightening and made me leery of males unless I knew them well. There are definitely many men who feel that they're entitled to take liberties with women, especially if they're young and/or vulnerable.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:54 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
He'll never pass his 6 9 9 plan now.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
He reminds me of Kuwami Kilpatrick in the early days of his denials,

Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,985,404 times
I heard, on Sharpton's show I believe, that 'they' are trying to get all four women together for the press.
I think, where there's smoke there's usually fire. First, four women accusing him has to be more than idle accusations, second, if he did to that woman what she said he did - so blatantly - one can easily extrapolate that he probably tried it and got away with it before.
What a dog!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 PM

Did you hear the idiot say he will take a lie detector test ONLY if he sees fit?
If he is so innocent, he should jump at the chance to prove his innocence.
They are now trying to get all four women together for a press meet.
That woman who testified has not and does not want to accept a cent for what she is doing.
He was so crude and blatant with her that one could draw the conclusion that he did that successfully with others before.
What a pig!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Gloria Allred is partisan now? A rediculous asertion that she's anything but, and she always has been. She's a strategic card the Democrats consistently use in a pinch. The same scenario towards the same end.
Gloria Allred was one of the people who outed Wiener. She was also a very loud voice calling for Clinton to resign.
She may be a liberal, but she is fair in that she expects people in our system to conduct themselves with honor.

How anyone can now back Cain without knowing he's a hypocrite, I'll never know.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

I thought he handled the press conference today extremely well. He took their questions, was confident and presidential, denied the claims of any inpropriety, virtually daring them to putup or shut up. He put himself out there, even offering to take a polygraph. I don't want him for President, but believe he is a victim of an orchestrated smear campaign - it has democrat fingerprints all over it. This is what they do best.
No, he did not offer to take a polygraph test. He said he would if he saw fit to take one. He will never try to clear his name that way, he left this 'out' because the man is guilty and a liar.

If you think he conducted himself well, it just shows you how expert he is at twisting the truth.

One case can be a fluke. Four or five mean this guy has a problem.
I would not call what he did to that woman who came forward merely harassment. It was a sexual assault and it's a shame the statute of limitations has passed or he'd be behind bars. The man is a dog. fsntoaro

Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Gloria Allred was one of the people who outed Wiener. She was also a very loud voice calling for Clinton to resign.
She may be a liberal, but she is fair in that she expects people in our system to conduct themselves with honor.

How anyone can now back Cain without knowing he's a hypocrite, I'll never know.

There you go, spoiling their fun with facts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections