Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What should he have done? All he can do is tell the truth. He has a right to face his accusers, so far only one has come forward, and for me, his credability trumps hers. In order to believe this, I need witnesses, or evidence - where's the blue dress.
What should he have done????

He should have told the truth. You know, the TRUTH. "Yes, reporters, there were some allegations made." He should have put in his perspective. "The incidents were misunderstandings, I've never intentionally harassed anyone, and I have nothing but respect for women in general, and for the women who made the allegations." He should have optimized it. "Even though I never intended to harass anyone, I look at these events as learning experiences. I've learned that some things can be misunderstood, and I keep that in mind in all my dealings with men and women."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,817,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Gloria Allred is partisan now? A rediculous asertion that she's anything but, and she always has been. She's a strategic card the Democrats consistently use in a pinch. The same scenario towards the same end.
You know she also represented the woman Weiner tweeted hit naughty bits too. She represented the woman the Illinois Lt Governor had his drama with. Both are Democrats.

Allred came to fame fashioning herself as an activist feminist lawyer. She focused on women battling powerful men or who are in positions to get run over by the media. Of course, her real agenda is attention and sensationalism. She's not a real feminist, but she plays a bastardized version of one on TV, because she's a famewhore and it helps her "brand". She's the practicing law version of Nancy Grace.

Sometimes, a famewhore is just a famewhore. No need to politicize every single damn thing with this case. Once the circus starts, the clowns will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

He should have told the truth. You know, the TRUTH. "Yes, reporters, there were some allegations made." He should have put in his perspective. "The incidents were misunderstandings, I've never intentionally harassed anyone, and I have nothing but respect for women in general, and for the women who made the allegations." He should have optimized it. "Even though I never intended to harass anyone, I look at these events as learning experiences. I've learned that some things can be misunderstood, and I keep that in mind in all my dealings with men and women."
Exactly. Any PR person could have written him a nice script and he could have read it. It's not rocket science, and as a person with an executive level business background he should know better. At least he should know enough to know who he has to call for help.

The name of the game was to make the story go away as quickly as possible. Instead he kept finding ways to extend it, so now there in inscentive for every Tom, Dick and Harriet to jump on the runaway train and get their 15 minutes. Every reporter is digging for more dirt, women from his past are mulling over joining the fray. And now it is in the news cycle indefinitely. Epic.Fail.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,575,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

He did tell the truth. It is up to them to prove their allegations, which are over a decade old. This is pure crap and you know it. Obama loves it because it's the distraction the media wants us to be talking about, instead of how to dig this country out of the hole he's put us in.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
He did tell the truth. It is up to them to prove their allegations, which are over a decade old. This is pure crap and you know it. Obama loves it because it's the distraction the media wants us to be talking about, instead of how to dig this country out of the hole he's put us in.
NO, it is not up to them to prove their allegations.

This entire story is not about the allegations.

The story is about how Mr Cain handles himself when issues like these come up.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM

1,147 posts, read 910,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
A corporate executive is hardly a pizza boy. But we get it - your side has what amounts to highly paid flyer distributor. And it shows.....
No argument from me there............ but I don't have a side.

If you all didn't run that loon from Alaska, and McCain didn't walk around talking about how much he agreed with Bush less than 2 years before the election, they might've won, lol.

So Obama was the choice, because he was the only one any sane person could make.

Now you want to run pizza-boy-pervert to beat the community organizer.

This is like watching ****-fights. Edit: Those asterisks are the word that some folks use instead of rooster. It basically means two mindless life forms battling for a title.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
No he didn't at first. He denied there was ever any allegations or any settlements. That's not the kind of thing a person forgets.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,321,135 times
Sometimes it's not easy for a woman to go public about "unwanted advances."...Years ago I worked for a lady who had an Italian restaurant. She was "tied-in" to the family-run deli next door. (Close personal friends with the deli owner and his family.)...Both families were Catholic and well-respected "pillars" of the community. A little after I started working in the restaurant the deli owner "came on to me" when he came over and no one was around. He viewed himself as "Dean Martin." I'm sure he "came on" to lots of women when he could....I told him to stop and leave me alone and he finally did. It would have been hard for me to tell my boss about his "advances" because the families were so close and everyone's spouse and kids worked in the deli and restaurant too...I worked at a restaurant owned by a Greek family one time. (Greek-American.) One of the son-in-laws worked as a cook. He "came on to me" a few times when no one was around. (Even though his wife and in-laws and maybe even his kids were right outside in the main dining area.)....I decided to just give notice and quit the job. It would have been awkward to report the son-in-law to his in-laws. All kinds of stuff goes on behind the scenes at times. Sometimes it seems complicated and risky to report someone. (Especially when it involves "big wigs" and "pillars" of the community or family-run operations.)

Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Fifth woman raises questions about Cain's behavior | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/fifth-woman-raises-questions-about-cains-behavior - broken link)

This sounds kind of weak.
Is this the one that works for the obama administration or the one who lives in the same building as his #1 political adviser?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Well, it looks like the "first" woman, the one who won't come forward, has no details to give, time, place, date, etc, etc......works for the obama administration.

Herman Cain | Accuser | Identity | The Daily Caller

Quote:
The Daily reports that Karen Kraushaar, a communications director at the Treasury Department’s Office of Inspector General, was a National Resturant Association spokesperson when, she alleges, Cain’s inappropriate behavior took place.

Kraushaar has not made a statement about the incident, and Bennett has made it clear that both Kraushaar and her husband see no reason to revisit the claim now despite her former employer’s decision to waive her original confidentiality agreement.
Not made a statement? Yet, we have all these ALLEGATIONS, with no facts or details to back them up. But just MAKING the claim is enough for the Left and MSM, isn't it?

Its seems to be just fine to smear a man's reputation with anonymous and vague allegations of inappropriate comments or gestures and then slither back under the rock and go on about your everyday life. this is the way the Left works.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
Why is this woman Sharon Bialek photographed with her arm around Cain at a Tea Party fundraiser a month ago?

Witness: Sharon Bialek hugged Herman Cain during Tea Party meeting a month ago - Chicago Sun-Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections