Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Cain is just not used to having to deal with lies and fabrications and character assassinations. Haven't you ever witnessed someone who was in a similar circumstance, and came back with a perfect response, and you thought to yourself, "this guy must have a lot of practice dealing with this stuff"? This just shows me that Cain is not a well practiced, smooth operator and slickster, like Bill Clinton.

I don't know what Politico told Cain was in the article, so I don't know exactly what he and his campaign thought were going to have to deal with. Maybe Cain wanted to deal with the smears as they became public, and not look like he was reading from a prepared statement, as if he were hiding behind his lawyers like a John Edwards or parsing his words like a Bill Clinton. Cain is not used to having to defend himself from bimbo eruptions.
Cain is a business executive. He's not used to his life having to be an open book to everyone under the sun. That's part of the problem. BTW, Cain apparently told his advisors early on about this "skeleton" in his closet. He had plenty of time to prepare a response that would have made him look less like a bumbling idiot on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
mb...I'm 62 and have seen a lot, you may have seen my post where I was sexually harrassed as well, on a job, and I told about it, but didn't sue...my point is, the company usually knows what is real and what isn't...not all the time...but we have so many women from all walks of life, mostly professional, some are not...but you cannot discriminate...and we do have a lot of women who believe that 35,000 - 45,000 is worth it to make a false accusation...who are hurting for money and don't think about they're careers or the lives of others, it's all about instant gratification...and yes, I believe your naive...

and, at this point in time, until they can actually give me the names of these women, I can't believe them...so, I'm saying the same thing, give me a break....

Politics are extremely dirty...they were since the beginning of time, and people have been killed over them....wars have been fought over them, and votes are fixed, people's names are slandered and they put the men in there they want us to vote for, we don't really have a choice...they just let us believe we do...

again, I will say, I wouldn't be at all surprised if these stories were made up, as I do not believe the media...they thrive on sensationalisum....did Cain handle this appropriately, no...but the jury isn't out as far as I'm concerned on this subject, however, my eyebrow is raised, but it isn't cut and dry...

I worked all kinds of jobs in my lifetime and have seen a whole lot...I wish I were still naieve, but now distrust and question everything I hear, nothing is black and white, there are always grey areas...

Truthfully, I honestly expected them to slander Cain....because he was gaining popularity way to fast, and wouldn't in the least bit be surprised if it was his own party...

Oh if we only knew what truly goes on in this country. Honestly...

but, I'm on your side, and understand where you coming from and why....

So we agree to disagree...I've seen a lot of what I didn't want to see I suppose, but it really wakes you up...and I'm no longer the person I used to be, very trusting and gullible....

bet you and I could share some stories....
Agreeing to disagree works, although I don't think I'm naive, and you don't have to explain dirty politics to me--I've worked in or around politics, in one form or another, for my entire adult life. I grew up in a highly politically active family, and my husband's career was in the same field for years. I'm also sure we could share some war stories . I'm really not taking this personally--just as you're saying you see people make false accusations all the time, I've seen really talented, smart, capable women put up with an amazing amount of garbage and wind up getting the short end of the stick for it.

Last edited by mb1547; 11-04-2011 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Herman Cain accuser attorney: Settlement dated 9/99, Kilgore signed - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Now you know where Cain got his 9-9-9 from.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Maybe the discussion will shift to Empowerment Zones, 909, and China trying to get nukes

Meanwhile, Congress is in agreement they don't want any spending cuts.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Cain is a business executive. He's not used to his life having to be an open book to everyone under the sun. That's part of the problem. BTW, Cain apparently told his advisors early on about this "skeleton" in his closet. He had plenty of time to prepare a response that would have made him look less like a bumbling idiot on this issue.
One cannot go against their inner self for long, he looks like what he is

Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My point is simply this--I don't know what type of women work for your company, or in what type of positions, but I can't imagine a well educated, career oriented professional (which it sounds like these women with complaints against Cain are--at least the reports say they're all successful in their field) making false accusations, and thinking that it's going to help them move up or get ahead. Maybe my age is showing--I'm old enough that I was on the tail end of that first tier of women who went to graduate school, and who went out in the world trying to do more than teach, or work as a secretary or nurse. We put up with all the crap, scratched and clawed to get ahead, and had to fight like heck to make sure the women coming after us didn't have to put up with the same garbage. If one woman makes a false complaint, then she does--but three women (that we know of) with complaints against the same guy? Give me a break.
How does it sound like these women are career oriented professionals exactly? There are NO details. To me, they sound like man-hating, racist, money grubbing political tools (one words for the federal govt, the other for a politician). And until we hear their side, I can't say I'm wrong.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
Herman Cain accuser attorney: Settlement dated 9/99, Kilgore signed - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

9/99 huh?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Actually, he stole it from SimCity:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-a-video-game/

Herman is probably playing CoD: Black Ops right now, trying to formulate a defense policy...

Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Boy his hand must have been tired from having signed documents for an entire month..

Old 11-04-2011, 04:36 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Cain accuser cites series of 'advances'; NRA confirms harassment complaint - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Basically, she just says Cain came onto her multiple times, but won't reveal more details than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections