Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times

Advertisements

By this afternoon, our picture of Cain should get clearer.

Will he stonewall? Will his story keep changing? Will he come clean? Will he challange his accuser(s) to a lie detector test???

Most pertinently, will Cain demonstrate that he and his campaign have to wits and reflexive skills to deal with a crisis (a crucial quality in a person who wants to be president)?

Stay tuned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
By this afternoon, our picture of Cain should get clearer.

Will he stonewall? Will his story keep changing? Will he come clean? Will he challange his accuser(s) to a lie detector test???

Most pertinently, will Cain demonstrate that he and his campaign have to wits and reflexive skills to deal with a crisis (a crucial quality in a person who wants to be president)?

Stay tuned!
what do you think is his best move?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Cain is going to explain how his remarks to "hold the sausage" were in reference to pizza, not anything else.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Here's a preview;

Cain Camp Questions Bialek’s Background - By Katrina Trinko - The Corner - National Review Online

Old 11-08-2011, 11:03 AM

458 posts, read 777,154 times
I think he should debate Bialek "Lincoln-Douglas" style via Pay-Per-View with a American Idol style voting at the end, with a winner take all on the proceeds. I would pay $29.95 to watch that circus. They could get one of the Kardashians to host it.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
To announce he is out of the race?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Question News alert- Cain to hold press conference at 5PM EST

So, will he be withdrawing from the GOP race?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what do you think is his best move?
Here is my Machiavalian response:

Only Cain knows what he did, and didn't do. What he DOESN'T know is, what can they prove?

Morally, of course, Cain should tell the truth. It may even be the politically wise thing to do at this point.

None of these allegations are less than 10 years old, so far. He could probably cop to having had a problem in the past, andswear that he's since reformed. He can even blame it on drinking, and join AA or something, as a sign he's changed his ways.

Cain's week of denials and revisions can (so far) be forgiven by people inclined to vote for him. He can say, "Hey I got blind-sided. It took me a while to recall events, realize my mistakes, and gather my thoughts"

Alternately, Cain's ego, bad judgment, and poor campaign organization skills may encourage him to continue to lie and deny, based on the idea it seems to be working so far. This is risky though, because if it comes out the women's claims are credible, things are worse than Cain admits, and it becomes obvious he lied AFTER having the opportunity to come clean, he'll be toast.

Short answer- Cain's best move is to tell the truth... but he's going to have to do it fast to benifit from his "honesty". UNLESS... he knows the truth will sink his boat. In that case, he might as well fight back, and try to win the war for public opinion (Clinton's winning "Monica" strategy).

Old 11-08-2011, 11:44 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
I have been a supporter of Cain, but he better bring something other than this to the Press Conference. At this point, he needs to detail in his words, what happened.

Sometimes yes, the accuser has to be looked at, but he is going to look bad if that is all he talks about later today. He needs to take all of this head on and with details.

And if he did anything wrong whatsoever, its past time to admit it. From what ive heard so far, I dont think to highly of this woman but he has to be detailed now.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I have been a supporter of Cain, but he better bring something other than this to the Press Conference. At this point, he needs to detail in his words, what happened.

Sometimes yes, the accuser has to be looked at, but he is going to look bad if that is all he talks about later today. He needs to take all of this head on and with details.

And if he did anything wrong whatsoever, its past time to admit it. From what ive heard so far, I dont think to highly of this woman but he has to be detailed now.
why? just because the woman said something doesnt mean anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections