Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Herman Cain has less $$$ than Ron Paul and he was leading the polls until the Chicago Democrat Mob started the same kind of politics I've watched here in Illinois for as long as I can remember

Im a Ron Paul voter in the primary, but sadly if he doesn't get the nomination this looks like an "Anybody but 0bama" election

One thing Im waiting on is an actual debate between 0bama and the nominee, Dems seem to think 0 is invincible...

Far from it!!!
Don't fall into the anybody but Obama trap. That's what they want you to do. I'd rather vote for a banana peel than vote for a Romney or Perry or Cain. I'm willing to do the right thing and punish the GOP for being such a crap party. The GOP will never be honest as long as voters keep falling for the old "Anybody but X" game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Two words can describe Romney perfectly: flip & flop. His only redeeming quality is he isn't a complete buffoon like the other GOP clowns running.

Either than changing his positions constantly, Romney is an empty suit who made his millions outsourcing American jobs to China. Good luck running with that in this day and age where people hate Wall Street greed and corporate cronyism.

And plus, I don't trust any American male who has never touched alcohol in his entire life. What a weirdo.

A lot of American males would be better off if they hadn't. That is such an ignorant thing to say about someone.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,827,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think you are correct. Certainly someone like Ron Paul or even Michele Bachmann would be a bit more "different."

I always maintained that there wasn't that much of a contrast between the mainstream politicians of either party.

Is it just me, or do I get the impression that "the party bosses" select the candidate and not really the rank-and-file? After all, it is the candidates that can raise the most money that always get the nod from their respective parties.
Whenever there is a vote for a major bailout like TARP or raising the debt ceiling I notice the mainstream Dems and Reps join as a team to vote for it while the most conservative and most liberal lawmakers vote against it (for different reasons). My impression is the establishment and power elite loves mainstream politicians of both parties and fears both the far right and far left because they could really shake up the status quo. Notice the establishment will always come up with "the world will end if we dont get this bailout" scare tactics to make sure they get their way.

Because he was a Governor and not a in the Senate or Congress I have no way to compare Romney to liberal Reps I detest such as John McCain. Unlike many conservatives I give Romney the benefit of the doubt that he is not as liberal as his reputation is. IIRC he actually spoke aganst raising the debt ceiling, I was impressed. I think he is somewhere between a moderate and conservative...which is where much of America is politically.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
Are his more moderate views ultimately going to be better for country morale? Thinking about Obama, he is extremely polarizng, probably more so than GWB ever was. Do we want to put someone back into office could potentially be as equally polarzing? Despite what a lot of people think of Romney, the country as a whole may be better off. What do you think?
I think your analysis is beyond absurd. This country cannot move forward with a Conservative agenda that favors the rich only. Trickle down doesn't work and has never worked. Republicans don't know how to run an economy. They hurt the country mightily the last time they were in charge, and have regressed since the Bush years only three years ago. They have done nothing but obstruct this President, and this does not qualify them as being better than the lousy, ineffective, bigoted party they were under Bush. Republicans essentially have gotten their way in Congress and the result has been that the country continues to struggle. Romney, as a flip-flopping member of this useless party, is not what this country needs.

I don't know where you get this nonsense about President Obama being polarizing. He has bent over backwards to find common ground with Republicans. He's not polarizing because Republicans characterize him as such. Utterly ridiculous.

Most polarizing of all easily is the GOP, any of the Republican candidates, the tea party, the tea party members in Congress, the GOP in Congress, and the Conservative members of the Supreme Court. WI's Scott Walker is polarizing. Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor, John Beohner, maggot Mitch McConnell are polarizing. Rush Limbaugh, Herman Cain, Ron Paul, and Michelle Bachmann are polarizing. Stumbling, bumbling, babbling, bungling caveman Rick Perry is polarizing. George Bush and Cheney were polarizing. Romney is polarizing too.

You fail. Thanks for playing.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 AM

32 posts, read 26,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think your analysis is beyond absurd. This country cannot move forward with a Conservative agenda that favors the rich only. Trickle down doesn't work and has never worked. Republicans don't know how to run an economy. They hurt the country mightily the last time they were in charge, and have regressed since the Bush years only three years ago. They have done nothing but obstruct this President, and this does not qualify them as being better than the lousy, ineffective, bigoted party they were under Bush. Republicans essentially have gotten their way in Congress and the result has been that the country continues to struggle. Romney, as a flip-flopping member of this useless party, is not what this country needs.

I don't know where you get this nonsense about President Obama being polarizing. He has bent over backwards to find common ground with Republicans. He's not polarizing because Republicans characterize him as such. Utterly ridiculous.

Most polarizing of all easily is the GOP, any of the Republican candidates, the tea party, the tea party members in Congress, the GOP in Congress, and the Conservative members of the Supreme Court. WI's Scott Walker is polarizing. Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor, John Beohner, maggot Mitch McConnell are polarizing. Rush Limbaugh, Herman Cain, Ron Paul, and Michelle Bachmann are polarizing. Stumbling, bumbling, babbling, bungling caveman Rick Perry is polarizing. George Bush and Cheney were polarizing. Romney is polarizing too.

You fail. Thanks for playing.
Please explain how the "Republicans essentially have gotten their way in Congress and the result has been that the country continues to struggle." A trillion dollar stimulus package? Obamacare? Last time I checked, Republicans vehemently opposed both pieces of legislation.

Do I have to remind you that the Democrats still control the Senate and the Executive branch?

Republicans don't know how to run an economy? So I'm assuming you consider Reaganomics to be a failure. Fine. Then how do you explain the enormous economic prosperity of the 90's. And please don't say Clinton; otherwise I'll have to bring up the Republican Revolution of 94', the Contract with America, welfare reform, and lastly Clinton's claim that "the era of big government is over." blah, blah, blah.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM

400 posts, read 294,415 times
About Romney-- he had a good debate last night.

Not because he really shone in any way, but because he didn't shoot himself in the foot with both barrels. One of his main rivals for the nomination, however, did.

That seems to be Romney's current game plan; lay low and wait for everyone else to stumble to irrelevancy.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM

458 posts, read 777,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
How do you know Romney has moderate views? How do you know what he really thinks?? About anything???

I just saw a tape of an interview he did with Mike Huckabee where he said he would "absolutely" support a "personhood begins at conception" bill, just like the one shot down by Mississippi voters. That sounds pretty radical to me

It also means Romney has less horse sense than the average Mississipian.

OR... is it yet another case of ol' Willard SAYING ANYTHING to pander to whatever auudience is listening????

Why would you think we'd be better off with a guy like that as president? Yuck.
Abortion is not going to change nationally whether its Romney or another four years of Obama. Except for a few fringe people on the far left and far right, nobody cares about that now.

Its all about jobs and the economy. Obama has had three years to get it right. Yet the White House keeps blaming Bush who had about three months to deal with the economic meltdown after it happened.

Its all about jobs and the economy and Obama has not done the right things to get the economy back on track.

Romney has a good balance of private and public sector experience plus successfully managing the SLC Olympics. You look at his resume compared to Obama's four years ago and its not even close.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,691,260 times
He looks like Herman Munster

Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Romney will be great for those that like the current direction of our nation. He's little different from Obama who was little different from Bush who was little different from Clinton etc...

The difference is that Mitt Romney actually BELONGS in the White House. Barack Hussein hustled his way to Washington like the Eddie Murphy candidate in "The Distinguished Gentleman".

Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He looks like Herman Munster

Herman Munster was a devoted family man. Barack Hussein looks like "Uncle Ben" who was not hired for his "brain".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections