Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

I personally have taken to heart, the founding of this nation, in order for my children to have freedom.

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

So it is said, so it will be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 AM

458 posts, read 776,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
wake up and look at the billion dollar deficits in texas, and all the new jobs being created are low wage jobs.

cant believe you are even defending this same clown who is handing out in state tuition to illegals.

americans like myself pay 2 times the price they do in texas.

rick perry is an illegals best friend.

Well I am south of Houston There is a new LNG plant, and Dow Chemical and the Oil Services businesses have been growing. Lots of new hires from California and other so called higher wage states. See lots of California plates around here. Saying they are all low wage jobs is a lie.

Median income in Texas over the last five years is up the past five years at a much bigger percentage than all but a few states.

what do you pay two times the amount for, not clear what you said there.

I agree on the tuition thing, but Perry has been tough on border security which is much more important for the safety of all Americans. Also he is pushed for stopping sanctuary cities. To call him some sort of pro illegal alien guy is really stupid.

You can't base your opinion on oversimplified sound bites on complex issues.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:59 AM

458 posts, read 776,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I don't know where you live in Texas, but Perry is a joke here in Austin. Nobody can stand the man, they say he is very shady. We are new to Texas, only been here 2 years and that is what we've heard since day one.

Debbie....
Well, Austin being the most liberal part of TX, not really the best way to judge how people overall think in this state. Texas is big.

He beat Hutchison in the Republican primary 51 to 31 percent. And went on to beat Bill White in the last election 64 to 32 percent.

So people who actually vote don't think like your circle of friends.

I live in Ron Paul's district south of Houston. All I remember is Bill White kept running these negative tv ads trying to call Perry shady. He could not run against Perry on his record since things are going pretty well here. Obviously that did not work.

Perry and Texas are not perfect, but compared to most of the country. I will take it.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Ron Paul has about as much of a chance of winning the nomination as Sofia Vergara not getting whistled at while walking through a construction site wearing hot pants and a tube top.
Thanks for the Excellent image

Old 11-15-2011, 12:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Well I am south of Houston There is a new LNG plant, and Dow Chemical and the Oil Services businesses have been growing. Lots of new hires from California and other so called higher wage states. See lots of California plates around here. Saying they are all low wage jobs is a lie.

Median income in Texas over the last five years is up the past five years at a much bigger percentage than all but a few states.

what do you pay two times the amount for, not clear what you said there.

I agree on the tuition thing, but Perry has been tough on border security which is much more important for the safety of all Americans. Also he is pushed for stopping sanctuary cities. To call him some sort of pro illegal alien guy is really stupid.

You can't base your opinion on oversimplified sound bites on complex issues.
I do not support Perry and believe the business climate in Texas is a big plus.

However your post is spot on.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I am very Conservative and I live in Austin. I can't stand Slick Rick. He feels he is above the law.

If they would actually run someone against him in the primaries that has some balls, besides Kay Bailey, he would lose by a long shot.

Bill White is even worse than Slick Rick. That's bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections