Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,980,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Ron Paul is not having the best holiday season. First the media discovered racist, anti-Semitic newsletters that went out under Paul’s name in the 1970s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Then the New York Times did a story about the support Paul draws from white supremacists and anti-Semites.
Anti semites like the Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu who agrees with Ron Paul about stopping Americas intervention policy?
This post is an unresearched joke. A few newsletters, of which Ron Paul was not a part of, went out in the early 90's.
How come you don't know that yet comment? Become informed, otherwise you lose credibility.

Quote:
Now there’s former Paul staffer Eric Dondero purporting to describe the ins and outs of Paul’s positions on everything from Israel (it shouldn’t exist) to Hitler (we shouldn’t have fought him) to 9/11 (U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks) to Afghanistan (we shouldn’t have invaded). He calls Paul’s foreign policy “sheer lunacy.”
Lunacy is the word used to describe the fired ex aide who as a libertarian supported Herman Cain, and now Mitt Romney.
That's like a vegan supporting hamburgers. I can see the mistake on your part though as you don't follow politics much.

Quote:
Ex-Aide: Ron Paul Foreign Policy is 'Sheer Lunacy' - Yahoo! News

I've said this many times, very little of what Ron Paul calls policy is practical and some things appear down right crazy. I have no idea how any sane individual could support this guy.
Again you quote an unstable person with no credibility. Birds of a feather.

Explain what is impractical about being against the Housing bill that manipulated the free market and ruined the economy?

Explain what is impractical by respecting property rights while not risking the lives of American military personnel needlessly over nothing to do with protecting our borders?

I have no idea how any sane individual could support the many failures that big government has given us. Unless it's the selfish, entitled ones who don't care about future generations and expect things to be given to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:00 PM

674 posts, read 700,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Take a look at the list of earmarks Ron Paul has used to direct federal funds to his local pet projects. Pork buffet.
My post had nothing to do with earmarks but since you mention them here's Ron Paul's stance on earmarks from ronpaul.com (Earmark Reform)

If a congressman does not submit funding requests for his district the money is simply spent elsewhere. To eliminate all earmarks would be to further consolidate power in the already dominant executive branch and not save a penny. Furthermore, designating how money is spent provides a level of transparency and accountability over taxpayer dollars that we don’t have with general funds. I argue that all spending should be decided by Congress so that we at least know where the money goes.

Sounds pretty logical to me...........

Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,220,489 times
Thanks Frozenyo, great compilation. I haven't read one reply intentionally so I can predict the hateful, namecalling, spit and biting replies you recieved from the Paulistas. Bet the deny everything and bashing anyone bearing witness.

Funny how everyone can have an opinion unless it is negative about Paul.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:19 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,429,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Thanks Frozenyo, great compilation. I haven't read one reply intentionally so I can predict the hateful, namecalling, spit and biting replies you recieved from the Paulistas. Bet the deny everything and bashing anyone bearing witness.

Funny how everyone can have an opinion unless it is negative about Paul.
Everyone can have an opinion, but everyone also reserves the right to call BS when needed. That post with those silly accusations are all untrue and have been proven so. If you (and that poster) are not interested in the truth, then we will call you on it every time. And as for bashing - think back on all the names the "Crazy Uncle of the Republican Party" and his supporters have endured.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
My post had nothing to do with earmarks but since you mention them here's Ron Paul's stance on earmarks from ronpaul.com (Earmark Reform)

If a congressman does not submit funding requests for his district the money is simply spent elsewhere. To eliminate all earmarks would be to further consolidate power in the already dominant executive branch and not save a penny. Furthermore, designating how money is spent provides a level of transparency and accountability over taxpayer dollars that we don’t have with general funds. I argue that all spending should be decided by Congress so that we at least know where the money goes.

Sounds pretty logical to me...........
now for the $64,000 question. If you don't request money in the form of earmarks, why wouldn't that money not be spent? Paul could have requested his "share" and returned every penny of it to pay down the debt. DID HE?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,048,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'd probably be a Ron Paul supporter if it weren't for his views on foreign policy.

They just scare the crap out of me.
You know what scares the crap out of me? A country
continuing to act like GI Joe from the '50's.

Nothing about Paul's foreign policy scares me.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Look, your entire infrastructure is brought to you from oil (no, not the 51% that is energy that comes from coal). That includes heavy weight to light weight.

You do have some heavy weight, you have zero light weight.

Heavy weight provides you with tires and asphalt and the like. Light weight provides you with frozen foods, life saving medicine, gasoline, et al.

In fact, your entire infrastructure is based mainly on light weight. Where does that come from? You guessed it, the ME.

Turning your back on all things ME is effectively putting the nail in your own coffin.

As soon as Paul was sworn into office he would be brought into a dark room and the flashing lights and movies would be played for him and then that pesky part of the oath for office would sit heavily in the back of his mind.
It's dereliction of duty and watch the U.S. collapse quickly or do what you can to try and:
Not at all. He'd rather trade with them, than kill them. Sounds good to me.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Everyone can have an opinion, but everyone also reserves the right to call BS when needed. That post with those silly accusations are all untrue and have been proven so. If you (and that poster) are not interested in the truth, then we will call you on it every time. And as for bashing - think back on all the names the "Crazy Uncle of the Republican Party" and his supporters have endured.
You denying the evidence that we ALL see with our own eyes doesn't make it go away, there are over 20 years of newsletters out there. In 1996 Paul took credit for writing them. Maybe those racist views is what attracted Stormfront support,

How is it that every single person that used to work for Paul turns up as a lunatic once they spill their guts on paul. Has Paul surrounded himself with crazy lunatics or is there truth to their stories and Paul is the lunatic?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM

11,998 posts, read 13,003,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You know what scares the crap out of me? A country
continuing to act like GI Joe from the '50's.

Nothing about Paul's foreign policy scares me.

It REALLY scares me-that a foreign policy of peace and prosperity is what scares some people.

How manipulated can you be, to think that a foreign policy consisting of bombs/bribes/occupations/overthrowing democratically elected leaders-instating dictators/policing the World is what really brings peace and prosperity to OUR COUNTRY? Why not try a strong NATIONAL defense, negotiation and trade FOR ONCE?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
now for the $64,000 question. If you don't request money in the form of earmarks, why wouldn't that money not be spent? Paul could have requested his "share" and returned every penny of it to pay down the debt. DID HE?
Name one that did.
He is the only Congressman that returned money to the coffers every year.

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 to the U.S. Treasury | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

He is also the only one that is in it for love of country and not power to dictate. His salary will be $39,000 instead of 400,000. Who else is willing to do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections