Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 04:31 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,986 times

Advertisements

"Ron Paul is not having the best holiday season. First the media discovered racist, anti-Semitic newsletters that went out under Paul’s name in the 1970s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Then the New York Times did a story about the support Paul draws from white supremacists and anti-Semites.

Now there’s former Paul staffer Eric Dondero purporting to describe the ins and outs of Paul’s positions on everything from Israel (it shouldn’t exist) to Hitler (we shouldn’t have fought him) to 9/11 (U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks) to Afghanistan (we shouldn’t have invaded). He calls Paul’s foreign policy “sheer lunacy.”

Ex-Aide: Ron Paul Foreign Policy is 'Sheer Lunacy' - Yahoo! News

I've said this many times, very little of what Ron Paul calls policy is practical and some things appear down right crazy. I have no idea how any sane individual could support this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 04:38 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Ron Paul is not having the best holiday season. First the media discovered racist, anti-Semitic newsletters that went out under Paul’s name in the 1970s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Then the New York Times did a story about the support Paul draws from white supremacists and anti-Semites.

Now there’s former Paul staffer Eric Dondero purporting to describe the ins and outs of Paul’s positions on everything from Israel (it shouldn’t exist) Doesn't think that to Hitler (we shouldn’t have fought him) Doesn't think that to 9/11 (U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks) Doesn't think that to Afghanistan (we shouldn’t have invaded). He calls Paul’s foreign policy “sheer lunacy.”

Ex-Aide: Ron Paul Foreign Policy is 'Sheer Lunacy' - Yahoo! News

I've said this many times, very little of what Ron Paul calls policy is practical and some things appear down right crazy. I have no idea how any sane individual could support this guy.
But I would get all my information from an ex-aide of Paul's too...

Old 12-27-2011, 04:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Better than the alternative.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:43 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
But I would get all my information from an ex-aide of Paul's too...
I haven't heard Paul disputing any of this. Maybe we'll get to see him run away from another interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
He isn't. Ron Paul's the crazy old grumpy guy at the mall who long's for years gone by.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
He isn't. Ron Paul's the crazy old grumpy guy at the mall who long's for years gone by.
What a profound observation.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
I'd probably be a Ron Paul supporter if it weren't for his views on foreign policy.

They just scare the crap out of me.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
How about somewhere in between?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times
Quote:
Now there’s former Paul staffer Eric Dondero purporting to describe the ins and outs of Paul’s positions on everything from Israel (it shouldn’t exist) to Hitler (we shouldn’t have fought him) to 9/11 (U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks) to Afghanistan (we shouldn’t have invaded). He calls Paul’s foreign policy “sheer lunacy.”
I agree with all the statements above. (I don't think the U.S. authorities knew of the 9/11 attacks, but of course they "may have.")

Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
How about somewhere in between?
Ideally I'd like that, but he wouldn't be dictator, so that's about what we'd get anyway.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:51 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,785 times
Quote:
I haven't heard Paul disputing any of this. Maybe we'll get to see him run away from another interview.
Not sure it went down that way.

Uncut Ron Paul Interview - CNN Gloria Borger - YouTube

Ron Paul Newsletter FAQ (http://www.scribd.com/doc/76280303/PaulNewslettersFaq-Tunk# - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections