Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 04:54 PM

4,170 posts, read 4,186,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow and the American people really pay attention to celebrity's picks. It is quite the opposite, most intelligent Americans (which is the majority of them) will take what pop stars have to say and run the opposite direction.

Nita
I don't know which America you are from, but the America I live in, the people just follow their celebrities. They know more about their celebrities and follow their every steps.

Just look at how many people killed themselves when MJ die. I don't hear anyone kill themselves when an American president or other politician die.

Last edited by cw30000; 12-30-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,304,548 times
Kelly Clarkson supporting Paul, I'm sold.

Where do I sign up?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
» More Rival Staffers Join Ron Paul Campaign Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Activist Post: Female Pop Artists Get Huge Flak But Also Support For Endorsing Paul

» Female Pop Artists Catch Flak But Also Support – For Endorsing Ron Paul Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The night before last, Kelly Clarkson, first “American Idol” alum, expressed her admiration for Presidential candidate Ron Paul, via Facebook, Twitter, and Whosay.

As Ron Paul soars through polls, more and more celebrities speak up. Any alleged reports of racism and more haven't actually hurt Paul's popularity.
There racisim thing is nothing more than smoke and mirrors, look over here folks, oh see. I am not a racist, now don't look too closely at the rest of my ideas, brought to you by the Ron Paul for President Fan Club

Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,191,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
As Ron Paul soars through polls, more and more celebrities speak up. Any alleged reports of racism and more haven't actually hurt Paul's popularity.

According to huliq.com:

Ron Paul's celebrity endorsements include Sarah Palin, Joe Rogan, Vince Vaughn, Michelle Bachmann, Juan Williams, Jim Rogers, Glenn Beck, Willie Nelson, Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Penn Gillette, Wrestler "Kane" (Glen Jacobs), Fox News contributor Judge Andrew Napolitano, ABC's John Stossel, John Mayer, CNN's Jack Cafferty, Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern, Dennis Kucinch, David Letterman, Chuck Norris, Bill Maher, Barry Manilow and Barry Goldwater Jr.

Some of those include unofficial endorsements or those who defended Paul in an argument. A Facebook page aims to compile all known celebrity endorsements.

Notice a lot of creative types love the candidate who thinks outside the box? What does it say, when celebrities are willing to risk possible hits to their status by endorsing the one “who can't win”? Oftentimes, their popularity rises after speaking with candor about their beliefs.

When one of them falls, count on Ron Paul supporters to lift them up again. Never leave a Ron Paul fan behind.
Considering the fact that so many celebrities endorsed Obama & now are nowhere to be found, I am impressed. Like it or not this culture is ridiculously obsessed with celebrities; if we can get any extra support for Ron Paul through their endorsements, we gotta take it

Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,581,857 times
Paul is done.

He's a lot like the Chicago Cubs.

Both have a lot of blind followers.

In the end, neither ever wins.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 PM

127 posts, read 83,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Paul is done.

The Cubs hired Theo Epstein.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I don't know which America you are from, but the America I live in, the people just follow their celebrities. They know more about their celebrities and follow their every steps.

Just look at how many people killed themselves when MJ die. I don't hear anyone kill themselves when an American president or other politician die.
I am from the America that I would think you are from and I can pretty much assure you I have never known a sole to vote for any candidate based on celebrities endorsements or approval...This isn't the same as following the gossip or lives of a celebrity. Please tell me you don't have any friends that have mentioned they are voting for XYZ because Willie Nelson, or Chuck COnnors or Rosie O'Donell is supporting them?
Nita

Old 12-31-2011, 11:05 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,191,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I would not be so sure about that one.....Ron Paul is huge in NH!

Going up there to help out with his campaign tomorrow!
Good luck! The Ron Paul Revolution is gaining momentum!!

Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,993,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Paul is done.

Just for the record, Ron Paul, an individual with a skill set and ideas that are consistent and dont change year to year is NOTHING at all like a baseball team made up of a revolving cast of 26 players that frequently come and go...just sayin' horrible analogy.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:17 PM

127 posts, read 83,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Good luck! The Ron Paul Revolution is gaining momentum!!
Ron Paul even took the weekend off. He already knows he won Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections