Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,027,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I'd like to see him run as an Independent.

I found this web site interesting:
Democrats for Ron Paul | We're voting for peace!

I had no idea he could appeal to both sides of the poltical spectrum. Nice job Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The first part is true, but that is not US policy, no matter how many times some want to make the claim that it is.
I would remind you that Isolationism is also insane, so your second comment is False.
But remember, he and his supporters say he isn't an isolationist..go figure????

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Quote:

I had no idea he could appeal to both sides of the poltical spectrum. Nice job Ron
This dynamic has already been in the making for several months.

BlueRepublican.org
Progressives for Ron Paul
https://www.facebook.com/bluerepublican

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,925 times
Quote:

Yessir, me included

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Everyone says the same thing: Ron Paul is okay and all, but his foreign policy is insane.

The more you interact with people from other nations, the clearer the picture becomes. We are viewed as the biggest bully in the world. Our foreign policy is viewed as highly corrupt and corruptible because we've supported a long list of ruthless dictators in the past. We are not loved for running around the world beating up all the bad guys. We're hated for it. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Australia -- the great majority of people in all these places hate us and fear us.

I didn't know until recently that members of the US Armed Forces overwhelmingly support Ron Paul, but when I heard that, it didn't surprise me. They have been there and know what people think of us.

The biggest reason to give up on our foreign policy: It's very expensive and right now we can't afford it.
Where in God Green earth are you getting the idea people throughout the world hate us? How many people have you spoken with in Australia, Asia, Europe, etc that hate us? Some So Americans, probably, if you want to talk about Columbia or Venz. As for Afirca, are you talking No Africa or So Africa? I don't think you have a clue to what you are saying, in fact I know your don't...

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:

look where this is coming from???

Nita

Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But remember, he and his supporters say he isn't an isolationist..go figure????

Nita
They make that CLAIM, plus a few others. But pulling all our troops back to the US, kicking a large number of them out of the military and slashing the military budget is Isolationism pure and simple. It makes this Nation Less Safe and in the end would actually lead to war, and unfortunately it could take place on our soil. If Paul were President now, OBL would be alive and well as well as his henchmen, the Iranians would be free to do as they please, we would be under constant attack or threat of such by terrorists and world would have more dictators, tyrants and terrorisst than we have today or ever have had, making the entire planet a less safe place to live. The good thing is the voters are smart enough to know this and that is why even losers such as Santorum can come out of nowhere and beat Paul in Iowa and probably almost everywhere else. Do you see they paranoia, like whining about a military soldier supposedly being cut off on purpose by CNN, their claims that the GOP rigged the Iowa vote counts? Get used to it they will fabricate some more excuses before Paul finally figures out that the Amerian People do not want Paul in the Whitehouse.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,742,135 times
Quote:
Lie in red, big fat lie. Have you ever been outside the US? I have traveled the world and still do on occasion,
Sure at the tourist traps and resorts, of course they love Americans ... money. So I've no doubt you came away thinking they love the USA and think we're wonderful in every way.

And yes of course I've been outside the US. Get over yourself.

Quote:
the only people that hate and fear us are the ones that Should. Walk softly and carry a Big Stick, an excellent method of operation. Paul on the other-hand wants to walk softly and hope everyone ignores us, stupidity at its finest. Thankfully Paul will never get the chance to implement his "ideas".
I think the quote you were shooting for was, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." Teddy Roosevelt referenced that saying a lot.

The trouble is, we are not walking or speaking softly. Not even a little bit. We're stomping around the globe screaming and whacking everyone in the head with our big stick that pisses us off. And sticking around in Afghanistan makes us look like empire builders. How many more decades are we going to be there?

I don't want Iran to get nukes anymore than the next guy. Yes that is a valid threat and on that point, Paul and I differ. But we've had Iran surrounded for almost a decade. Iraq on one side. Afghanistan and Pakistan on the other. I can understand it if that scares the crap out of them.

But it does lead us back to my whole point. We're using fear to force the nations of the world to conform to our will. What does that make us? How far have we strayed from the America that would view such things as unconscionable?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where in God Green earth are you getting the idea people throughout the world hate us? How many people have you spoken with in Australia, Asia, Europe, etc that hate us? Some So Americans, probably, if you want to talk about Columbia or Venz. As for Afirca, are you talking No Africa or So Africa? I don't think you have a clue to what you are saying, in fact I know your don't...

Nita
He made it up or someone fed it to him. My own persnal experience says different. I was rasied a military brat and traveled to several nations (I was born in Germay), I joined the Army and did more traveling (my youngest son was also born in Germany), I worked for the DOD and several of the big defence contractors and did a lot more travel and I have worked the telecom industry which also involved travel. I have yet to find a country that a large number of the people hate the US and Americans. My guess is most of those that make such comments have never left their home state, no less the country, othrwise they would not make them.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:05 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,513,800 times
Quote:
The first part is true, but that is not US policy, no matter how many times some want to make the claim that it is.
I would remind you that Isolationism is also insane, so your second comment is False.
I see no evidence to the contrary. Instead of ruling directly, we threaten to invade any country that doesn't do as we wish.

Not war mongering and not attempting to rule the world is not isolationism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections