Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 11:42 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,075,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You need to go away, again where is your proof.
“Ron Paul Believes Businesses Should Be Allowed To Put Up A ‘NO BLACKS’ Sign!” Rachel Maddow | Ron Paul Rally

Let me also include his stance on the Civil Rights Act.

Ron Paul: Civil Rights Act Of 1964 'Destroyed' Privacy

Yep, I definitely want this guy running the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government is government....

I can't move away from Federal Government. I have no choice, to get away from restricting my freedoms or beliefs.

Ron Paul doesn't want to be President to "give" me freedom. He doesn't own my freedom and he didn't give it to me. The only reason Ron Paul wants to be President is to stop punishing people for using their freedom that is rightfully theirs. He wants no power. This is clear to anyone who listens to him speak.

There are two kinds of human beings. Those who want power, and those who want freedom. You can tell which one's which very easily. Those who want freedom are straight-edged. They are consistent, principled, and you can feel their human soul when they speak to you.
And we repeat the Paul Mantra, "everyone that love Paul is Good, ALL others are Evil", jeeeeez, I will be glad when the real election begins and Paul and is minions are past history.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Don't worry, first off even the GOP does not want him and we sure as heck know the Majority of Americans don't want him, he will Never be President

Old 01-16-2012, 12:10 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSawyer View Post
Mitt Romney wrote Obamacare.
The (conservative & constitutional) Heritage Foundation was the base line for both.

"A National Health System for America, the Heritage plan aims at achieving four related objectives:
>All citizens should be guaranteed universal access to affordable health care
>The inflationary pressures in the health industry should be brought under control.
>Direct & Indirect government assistance should be concentrated on those who need it most.
>A reformed system should encourage greater innovation in the delivery of health care"

Last edited by plannine; 01-16-2012 at 12:32 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times
Default Paul not electable; get serious

The entire GOP presidential field is staggeringly lousy, so Paul's presence and standing are no surprise. In the grand scheme of things however, he is absolutely a repulsive political figure, as is Romney and Gingrich. He is NOT electable. Every other GOP candidate has had a shot at frontrunner status because nobody wants Romney there. Paul has never held that spot. Why? Because he's a reject.

At the GOP convention, it will be made official for Paul. He is to go away and disappear.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 PM

791 posts, read 461,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The entire GOP presidential field is staggeringly lousy, so Paul's presence and standing are no surprise. In the grand scheme of things however, he is absolutely a repulsive political figure, as is Romney and Gingrich. He is NOT electable. Every other GOP candidate has had a shot at frontrunner status because nobody wants Romney there. Paul has never held that spot. Why? Because he's a reject.

At the GOP convention, it will be made official for Paul. He is to go away and disappear.
And that's why his numbers keep going steadily upward, right? As the Neo-Cons and theocrats drop out it will wind up a race between Romney and Paul.

There's too much video of Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth for that to be good for him. Paul is getting stronger every day!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
And that's why his numbers keep going steadily upward, right? As the Neo-Cons and theocrats drop out it will wind up a race between Romney and Paul.

There's too much video of Romney talking out of both sides of his mouth for that to be good for him. Paul is getting stronger every day!
The numbers say otherwise, but don't let that get in the way. Clue: when you come in second place in race it means you Lose.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,204,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government is government....

I can't move away from Federal Government. I have no choice, to get away from restricting my freedoms or beliefs.

Ron Paul doesn't want to be President to "give" me freedom. He doesn't own my freedom and he didn't give it to me. The only reason Ron Paul wants to be President is to stop punishing people for using their freedom that is rightfully theirs. He wants no power. This is clear to anyone who listens to him speak.

There are two kinds of human beings. Those who want power, and those who want freedom. You can tell which one's which very easily. Those who want freedom are straight-edged. They are consistent, principled, and you can feel their human soul when they speak to you.
This is the third thread I've seen you plagiarizing from this guy's article to make your posts, you should be ashamed at both your inability to put together your own opinion but also to so brazenly steal someone else's and represent it as your post.

Original source of BentBow's "thoughts" is here:

From Israel: Vote Ron Paul and Let My People Go!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Don't worry, first off even the GOP does not want him and we sure as heck know the Majority of Americans don't want him, he will Never be President
Another uninformed post, go figure.

CNN Poll: Obama tied with Romney & Paul in November showdowns

Washington (CNN) – Mitt Romney is all tied up with President Barack Obama in a likely general election matchup, with the president showing signs of weakness on the economy and Romney seen as out of touch with ordinary Americans, according to a new national survey.

And a CNN/ORC International Poll released Monday also indicates that Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is also even with Obama in another possible showdown this November. The survey also suggests the Republican advantage on voter enthusiasm is eroding, which could be crucial in a close contest.

CNN Poll: Obama tied with Romney & Paul in November showdowns – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,756,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
The whole thing (both links) was about property rights and not specificly putting a sign up. Why should the fed govn't be allowed to tell me what I can or can't do with my property. If it is privately owned property, then the owner should be able to put up any sign he/she wants. If he puts up a ''no blacks'' sign, then boycott him, I doubt he would stay open very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections